Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exciting changes coming!, All members please read
Cheryl Fuller
post Mar 4 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3340

Fourwinds - I am sure you have heard the age old saying "there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers". I personally think this is not an accurate statement as I have heard some pretty dumb questions in my 48 years. However, we look forward to hearing yours, and I am sure no one will consider them dumb. Okay, that's probably not an accurate statement either, but we do look forward to hearing from you. Welcome to the forum.

--------------------
Cheryl
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Janjanjan68
post May 12 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 5794

Boy, do I like the changes on this website!!! Wonderful new look, easier to look and find things. I haven't posted yet, but have to believe that this function is also greatly improved. The map lookup feature is fantastic when one has no idea of the addresses being looked for. Thanks. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Lucydog
post May 16 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 5968

Wow! I have not been by the website lately and what a surprise! It's gorgeous! Great job!!
+Quote Post
capsfan333
post May 28 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 6363

I discovered this site about a month ago and used it while planning our just completed trip. The reviews helped us end up at the correct campgrounds for us and I will use it every time we get ready to take off in the future. Any upgrades to the software will only make a very helpful resorce even more so.
+Quote Post
Richard and Emily
post May 29 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 6389

Just discovered and joined this site. We are fulltimers and expect to get good use out of the info and reviews here. It's really helpful to be able to read other's opinions of campgrounds.
+Quote Post
cherlark
post Jun 13 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 2054

Yes, this is a great site and it has helped us more times than I can count. Of course, everyone looks for something different in an rv park or campground. It's unfortunate that photos take up so much disk space, as a picture is definitely worth a thousand words.
+Quote Post
mtnlvr
post Jul 9 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 5563

This is my go-to site for planning our trips. I appreciate this website as well as the candid posts from reviewers....... I love to hear every detail !!
+Quote Post
COWolfPack
post Sep 30 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9253

This is a great website. I have done several google searches looking for campground review site and so far this one is by far the easiest to use and most inclusive one I have found. Thanks a bunch. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Retiree in Waiting
post Nov 13 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 9886

I just joined today and thought things were already great. I can't wait to see how things could get any better. I found your site from an article in Escapees magazine. I never heard of your site before that. I think its great to hear what others think about certain campgrounds...good or bad. It sure helps in deciding between 2 or 3 in an area or to find out more about a campground in an area that someone has never been to before.

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Tony and Sharon Verhagen
Retiree's in Waiting
+Quote Post
nieuwenoord
post Jan 30 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 2557

We are from the Netherlands and this spring we are going to make our thirth RV-trip through the United States. Last year we were on the road for 6,5 weeks and we picked every campground by reading the reviews at this website. Thanks, it's wonderful!

We are planning our new trip now and once again we will use this website. I will try to post reviews while we are on our way!

--------------------
We are Dutch and we travel through the USA almost every year! We just love your country.
+Quote Post
Testudo
post Mar 4 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8819

How about adding something truely useful -- append the submitter's user name to their reviews. At that rate, it won't take long to realize who the reliable reviewers are and who are the ones with personal greed to satisfy or with personal axes to grind.
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Mar 4 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

I totally agree with Testudo's suggestion--with some sort of identification, be it the "handle" used on the discussion forum, or some other selected or assigned handle, at least we would know the ID of who was making the post (sort of), and could weigh this person's track record. I am sure that most of you read the recent heated debate about the unfair and malicious review of the KOA in Puebo (there were 865 views of this discussion and 35 different posts). Don't you find it strange that the person who originally posted the unfair review never came forward and said either "Yes, I said this, and I still think I am right" or "I apologize. I may have gone overboard." Or at least something. With the system Testudo is suggestion, at least we have some method of determining who writes real reviews and who has an axe to grind or is just an every day jerk.
+Quote Post
campinggirl1964
post Mar 7 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2789

I also think that is a great suggestion. Even though the majority of the forum members don't know each other, I think that through the forum discussion you do get to know what rving/camping preferences people are interested in and how their likes/dislikes match yours. Through the forum, certain members have given me recommendations in the past. If I saw a review with their name beside it I would probably give it more merit than someone who I am not as familiar with. Also, if I noticed that someone who has been to the same rv park as me gives it a similar rating, for many of the same reasons, I would be inclined to think that I would like other parks that they recommend. It may also discourage some of the reviews whose authenticity is questionable.
+Quote Post
Sverlinde
post Mar 18 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 5895

Wow, I thought it is already good enough. I really like the idea for the clickable campground selection map. I usually remember where it is on the map not the city it is in.
+Quote Post
dog bone
post Apr 14 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 250

having some sort of an id number when giving a review of a park is a great idea. put a box somewhere in the review form that will link it to a member. or just use your user name. that would be even simpler.

--------------------
Bob and Deb Allwood
Diesel, the black lab
2003 ford f 350 6.0 crew cab
2014 Lacroose 318BHS
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com