RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What To Do With Doggie?, options you may use if you want to go to a restaurant
susseandchris
post Jun 24 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 79927

Hi, Everyone, this is my first post, but, having read the lengthy discussions and debates about dogs and rv camping, I want to ask you the following:
Knowing that many campers do not wish to hear barking dogs in other campsites, and recognizing that most campgrounds forbid campers from leaving their dog unattended, is there ever an occasion when you dog owners want to go out for dinner at a local restaurant and you have found a way to leave your dog with others while away? We want to bring our dog on our next trip and we intend to follow all the rules with him. It just might be nice every week or so to take part of an evening at a restaurant in a local town. Any advice?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Bob Pi.
post Aug 21 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 82175

For the past four years my wife and I have been traveling extensively in our RV. We have stayed at RV Parks all across this country and for the most part our experiences have been pleasant. In those instances when our stays have been less than pleasant it has usually involved dogs. While most dog owners at least attempt to be responsible, many are not. They tend to think that their dogs are “special” and that they can do no wrong. They are so “adorable” that they don’t have to abide by any rules. Many people leave their dogs unattended for hours on end and assume they are quiet. These people have no problem inflicting their dogs on others, assuming that everyone shares their enthusiasm for their pets. Worse yet, when we have complained about excessive noise or dog droppings on our site we are called “Dog haters. These people are simply wrong. We like all animals, and would never intentionally harm one. We just believe that if you really love your dogs you will train them to behave. Don’t let them bark and growl at people, jump on people, stick their cold noses in people’s crotches and pick up their droppings. Is this asking too much? Does this make me a dog hater? I would like to see RV Parks keep people with pets in a separate area away from those of us without them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com