RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Encore / Thousand Trails, Despite bad reviews of management, still looks a good deal?
danbergert
post Jun 30 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 80127

I ended up in a Thousand Trails park for one night in Red Rocks area Arizona, and received all the promotional materials, I can't help but think it looks like a good deal.

If I am reading it right, $525 for first 30 nights of camping, and each additional night is $3. Just have to move every two weeks, and spend a week outside of the system between the two week stints, which is my normal travel pattern anyway.

Using 30 nights works out to $17.50 a night and gets cheaper per night the more it is used, the way I read it. So:

Nights per year $ per Night
30 $17.50
40 $13.88
50 $11.70
60 $10.25
70 $9.21
80 $8.44
90 $7.83
120 $6.63
180 $5.42

I travel for 3 months a year, so with the week long exclusions I could end up spending 60 nights in an encore park for $10.25 a night with full hookups and it seems usually a pool.

I've stayed in parks with poor service and customer relations for alot more than that.

Can anyone comment on experience with the basic value of Encore / Thousand trails?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Florida Native
post Jul 1 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

Some of these membership places are like an STD, once you have it, you always have it. If for some reason like age or change in circumstances, you want to stop membership, the annual dues don't stop and can become a real pain. There is a secondary market where you can buy somebody's membership at a reduced rate.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com