RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Personal Best, All Time Best Camping Experiences
cubbie2003
post Jul 6 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43849

I enjoyed your best reviews thread so much I decided to join in with a related but different thread.
What was your best ever camping experience and why???

Mine was Custer State Park, SD last year. I have never seen a park as nice as Custer. Even making reservations was easy. Their web site has a picture of each campsite. If you are like me and don't back so good you can eliminate sites with obstacles such as trees or large boulders.
Check in was breeze. Our site was long, shaded and private. The staff was numerous, visible and helpful. Then there were the extras you normally don't expect like being delayed en route to the visitors center by a herd of bison; the doe with twin fawns who grazed near our camp site; and the not very wild burros who begged for handouts along the Wild Life Trail. There were several man made amenities not usually found at state parks such as a store and several historical lodges/cabins. And it gets better. What can top Mount Rushmore as a nearby attraction? However, the Badlands, Wall Drug Store in Wall, SD and Deadwood, SD were certainly close runner ups. We were so busy visiting these attractions we only had time to hike one trail in the park. On that hike we saw several deer and a flock of wild turkeys. We have to go back again just to hike the park trails. The entire park and the little town of Custer were magical places.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DXSMac
post Jul 8 2013, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend, WA. It's an old Army base. The rooms in the Officer's Quarters are used for hotel rooms. There is an RV section. The commissary, once a month, had an "organic" breakfast. I was there during the organic breakfast, it was well worth the price.

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com