RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gaseous Smell In Fifth Wheel, About to puke..lol
ottersmom
post Jul 14 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 80672

Have a terrible gaseous smell that seemed was being drawn in through air conditioner (thought from sewer). After reading from many sites I believe this is not possible.
My Cameo Carriage is equipped with the 360 shark fin and I have checked all sink traps and they have water holding in them.
The smell is about to make me sick. After the smell began I shut off a/c for 2 hours, opened vents and window and have tried to air out to localize the smell but am unable to locate it's origin. Toilet smells fine, sinks smell fine do not know where this is coming from. My husband is at work and not allowed to use cell phone so, here's the stupid "girl" question.
Can this noxious smell like none other I have ever smelled be coming from my washing machine drain if my gray water is being left open? If not, any other suggestions and diagrams..lol..would be helpful. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
NYDutch
post Jul 20 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35147

The A/C is a closed loop system that does not bring in any outside air. It simply recirculates the inside air, removing heat as it passes over the cold coils. Her problem might be a corroded or stuck open air admittance valve under one of the sinks. Gray tank odors can sometimes be even worse than black tank odors.

--------------------
Dutch
Somewhere in the US or Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com