RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trailer Tires, Any good brands out there?
desertcamper05
post Jul 22 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80990

I have a 26' toy hauler. I am so tired of replacing tires every 2 years. I keep them covered and always at the max pressure. My rig has 15" rims and I buy tires that are load range E which is more than my rig requires. Every chinese import I have used from no-names to Good Year Marathons form a bubble and seperate the tread. I have heard people using LT tires instead of ST, but I cannot find them in a 15" size. I would have to by all new 16" rims and invert the axles which I do not want to do. Does anybody have a trailer tire that they have had good luck with? I am aware of the speed ratings of ST tires and tow below 65 mph. Any sugestion would be greatly appreciated since I am now shopping for another set.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
nedmtnman
post Jul 29 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26175

QUOTE(desertcamper05 @ Jul 21 2013, 11:24 PM) *

I have a 26' toy hauler. I am so tired of replacing tires every 2 years. I keep them covered and always at the max pressure. My rig has 15" rims and I buy tires that are load range E which is more than my rig requires. Every chinese import I have used from no-names to Good Year Marathons form a bubble and seperate the tread. I have heard people using LT tires instead of ST, but I cannot find them in a 15" size. I would have to by all new 16" rims and invert the axles which I do not want to do. Does anybody have a trailer tire that they have had good luck with? I am aware of the speed ratings of ST tires and tow below 65 mph. Any sugestion would be greatly appreciated since I am now shopping for another set.

This is my opinion and only my opinion but here it is. I buy the cheapest tire I can get as they are ALL made in China and not of any decent quality and take my chances. Like you I run one load range above what came on the trailer and hope for the best. Thing is trailer tires are designed to slide on the road when cornering and LT tires are meant to grip the road so if you have two or more axles the tires need to slide. I just replaced a tire bought in Nov 2011 that went with a side wall failure.

--------------------
We are now off the road but this is what we fulltimed in.
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com