RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trailer Tires, Any good brands out there?
desertcamper05
post Jul 22 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80990

I have a 26' toy hauler. I am so tired of replacing tires every 2 years. I keep them covered and always at the max pressure. My rig has 15" rims and I buy tires that are load range E which is more than my rig requires. Every chinese import I have used from no-names to Good Year Marathons form a bubble and seperate the tread. I have heard people using LT tires instead of ST, but I cannot find them in a 15" size. I would have to by all new 16" rims and invert the axles which I do not want to do. Does anybody have a trailer tire that they have had good luck with? I am aware of the speed ratings of ST tires and tow below 65 mph. Any sugestion would be greatly appreciated since I am now shopping for another set.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
edcornflake
post Sep 12 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42869

I lost a tire in Deleware, and another in North Carolina in the same day... Took all 4 tires (2 blown, 2 not) to have them checked, Power King (original tires from Keystone) is giving me 90% of the value on 3 of them 'in good faith' because they cannot prove conclusively if the tires were defective, or something else happened. I replaced them with Good Year Marathons. ~ $200 a piece with mounting, balancing and 'incidentals'. I had never had a problem on either of my previous trailers, but I will pay extra for better tires from now on.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com