Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Future Of "camping"
NYDutch
post Oct 22 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35147

We don't consider traveling in our motorhome "camping" at all. We call it, "Seeing the wonders of this great country from the comfort of our own home."

--------------------
Dutch
Somewhere in the US or Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Oct 23 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

QUOTE(NorthernIllinoisPlumber @ Oct 22 2013, 06:45 PM) *

Not ripping on you, but is it really an escape if we have the TV, computer, games, A/c?

Camping has definitely been taken over by capitalism. Build it and they will buy it.

I can understand the OP's point...we all have our idea of camping, vacations, hiking etc.

Right now we all are different in our habits and ways...hopefully we will stay that way forever! tongue.gif

Yes, it is still an escape for me, even with the comforts of home. It's our home for a 4-6 month stretch every year and I like to come "home" after a hard day of hiking or sightseeing and stretch out with the AC on and watch TV or blog on the computer. I did the tent camping route for many, many years, cooking over a fire and sleeping on leaky air mattresses, but now my tired old bones need some luxuries at the end of the day. When I can look out the window of my fiver and see majestic mountains, babbling creeks, or austere deserts instead of the side of the house next door, then it's definitely an "escape". Only, this time, I've taken the innerspring mattress and the hot showers with me....
+Quote Post
NorthernIllinoisPlumber
post Oct 23 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 39785

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Oct 23 2013, 01:05 AM) *

Yes, it is still an escape for me, even with the comforts of home. It's our home for a 4-6 month stretch every year and I like to come "home" after a hard day of hiking or sightseeing and stretch out with the AC on and watch TV or blog on the computer. I did the tent camping route for many, many years, cooking over a fire and sleeping on leaky air mattresses, but now my tired old bones need some luxuries at the end of the day. When I can look out the window of my fiver and see majestic mountains, babbling creeks, or austere deserts instead of the side of the house next door, then it's definitely an "escape". Only, this time, I've taken the innerspring mattress and the hot showers with me....

That is a great way to explain it! Thanks.
+Quote Post
dodge guy
post Nov 28 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12626

The last time I did a state park campground my dog got fleas from the sand! no thanks!!! I see nothing wrong with a resort type campground, because I`m out to relax! doesn`t matter if I`m dry camping (haven`t done it and have no reason for it) or at a high end resort (only once in a great while). I don`t think it`s getting to expensive to camp. I try and avoid the places that charge extra for kids. in reality it is still cheap to camp compared to going to a hotel. and I can enjoy the outside! I`ve got a lot of $$$$ wrapped up in my Excursion and TT, and I want to be comfortable using it. if it means paying $30-50 even $60 a night, I`ll take it!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com