RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bandwidth Hogs, Downloading Movies on RV Park WiFi systems
Vegas Tom
post Aug 7 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 20168

My biggest peeve is what I call Bandwidth HOGS.

Back home you get 55 gadzillion GB's of bandwidth that allows you to download movies from the various internet movie providers. While in your RV you make use of this wonderful service even though it denigrates WiFi service to those of use that just want to read emails and pay bills or book another RV park in our next city. I wish there was a way to prevent these bandwidth HOGS from consuming what little access we get in the RV parks.

I believe that many of the negative comments about poor WIFI in RV Parks recently have been as a result of campers chewing up bandwidth. I note that service always seems to decay around the time of dinner until 11 PM at night (Prime movie watching time).

I hope there is a special place in Hell for these Bandwidth HOGS mad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dalsgal
post Aug 8 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

I agree with Tom. Why should anyone use all the bandwidth to download movies and things while others can't even get online for anything? Do those people think they are the only ones with the right to the internet? Some people allow their kids to go and each download stuff at the same time and that can end up preventing half the rest of the CG from being able to even get online. If CG's add monitoring devices to their internet someone has to pay for it and those same people would complain that they had to pay extra for the privilege of hogging the net.

We do have our own internet when we travel but there are some places it doesn't work as well as we would like. Our WiFi at the CG we manage is free to everyone and all we ask of people is that they respect others in their use of the service.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com