RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Calgary Rv Sites, Wanted Calgary camping recommendations
John WD Smith
post Sep 4 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66825

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an Rv campsite in or near Calgary, Alberta?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JDOLLEN
post Sep 4 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16768

QUOTE(John WD Smith @ Sep 4 2013, 02:44 PM) *

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an Rv campsite in or near Calgary, Alberta?

Having lived in Calgary for a while a few years ago I am familiar with most. You don't state if you are planning to visit Calgary specifically or somewhere nearby. Either way, there is but one in the city limits. Calgary West. I would avoid this one. The best on closest to the city is in Cochrane about 15 Km west of Calgary. It's called Bow River's Edge. Well laid out. Clean the last time I was there about 3 years ago. Nice playground for younger kids including a small climbing wall. Stores etc. very nearby. There is also one called Spring Hill north of Cochrane. I have not stayed there so can't comment. Stay away from Whispering Spruce just north of Calgary in Balzac. Very near highway 2 which is a very busy road way. Mostly it is full of permanents and very trashy. South of Calgary in Okotoks are few parks but I don't know if they have recovered from the severe flooding that took place earlier this year. South east of Calgary is one called Carsland Windom Provincial Park. No services but not a bad place to boondock. North East of Calgary is the small village of Irricana. I can't remember the name of the park but we spend a few weekends there while visiting friends. It was okay. If you are planning to spend time north of Calgary there are a few parks in Drumheller. Amazing Dinosaur Museum and surrounding countryside. Worth the visit.

I hope this helps.

Darrell
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com