RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Calgary Rv Sites, Wanted Calgary camping recommendations
John WD Smith
post Sep 4 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66825

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an Rv campsite in or near Calgary, Alberta?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Hutch333id
post Sep 5 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36856

QUOTE(John WD Smith @ Sep 4 2013, 03:44 PM) *

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an Rv campsite in or near Calgary, Alberta?

I live in Cochrane and I can say that the Bow Rivers Edge campground is the best in the area by far. It is about 30 minutes to drive to down town Calgary if you need to but there are shopping malls accessible from all directions if you need them. Cochrane has decent grocery stores, good cycle tracks and walking paths along the Bow River and most things you would need for a short stay.

Because this campground is literally 5 minutes walking distance from me I have only been there visiting friends from out of town while they camped. I have visited other campgrounds around Calgary but would not recommend any of them. For my quick weekend getaways I head 50 miles north to Sundre but that is a little too far out of Calgary.

From Cochrane you are only 45 - 50 minutes from Banff, 20 minutes from Bragg Creek and about 30 mins from Kananaskis country should you wish to get into the mountains.

I stayed at Aspen Crossing in May this year. Trust me, it's a long way from anywhere if you need anything. Balzac, don't even think of it. Calgary West, never stayed but drive past every day and I wouldn't want to stay there. I have looked around the place but that is all. The other place listed for Cochrane gets mixed reviews. I store my trailer there but again, it's too close for me to want to stay there. From what I have read they share facilities with the gas station adjacent.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
2014 Cedar Creek 38fl
2008 F350 6.4 Diesel Dually
Retired MET Police and proud of it
2013. 28 nights camping and 4350 km
2014. 41 nights camping and 4620km
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com