RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How To Handle Licenses And Registrations For Full Time Rv'ers., State laws and driver licenses
Ted Morgen
post Oct 4 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21292

I'm sure this subject has been covered before but since the Dept. of Homeland Security has made so many changes in licensing, I wonder what is the best way to deal with having an address in order to maintain driver licenses and registrations on vehicles when you are full time and no longer own a home. We currently live in Florida and you have to go through hoops to prove who you are and where you live to get a driver's license here. I am guessing that you can't use a P.O. Box on a license any more. Anyone have any ideas? IF I do this I will be traveling and staying in
Florida, Arizona, California, Colorado, Washington State and New Jersey. Most of the time between Arizona and Washington. Any advice from anyone in any state would be appreciated.
Ted Morgen* formally Colorado and right now, Florida.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
NYDutch
post Oct 4 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35147

The requirements for the Federal "Real ID Act" that Florida participates in for driver's license ID are really not that onerous for most full time RV'ers using Florida, or any other participating state, as their domicile. Any one of five different birth proofs are called for, along with one of five different proofs of SSN. But the most difficult it seems for most that complain about the requirements before looking into them, seems to be the required two proofs of residence address. Taking a look at the twenty two choices though, it seems to me that showing a vehicle title or registration and a vehicle insurance bill or policy ought to be a simple matter for most RV'ers. That's all that's needed.

See http://www.gathergoget.com for more information.

--------------------
Dutch
Somewhere in the US or Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com