RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Closing Rv For Season Newbie Question
pkd31780
post Oct 26 2013, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74541

Last year we had the dealer where we bought our RV close it for the season. We were charged $100. I understand this is relatively a simple procedure. We have a Class C and our son-in-law has a travel trailer. He is going to show us the procedure but my husband thinks the process is different. Is the closing relatively the same procedure?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pkd31780
post Oct 30 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 74541

We have been seeing two different versions to close the rv....one is what Mike stated above and the other is to empty all water (of course), attach a compressor and blow out the lines then pour winterizer down each drain. This way you are not putting the winterizer through the lines.

Any preference and why?
+Quote Post
HercMaster
post Nov 6 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 62914

QUOTE(pkd31780 @ Oct 30 2013, 12:56 PM) *

We have been seeing two different versions to close the rv....one is what Mike stated above and the other is to empty all water (of course), attach a compressor and blow out the lines then pour winterizer down each drain. This way you are not putting the winterizer through the lines.

Any preference and why?

I used to run the "pink stuff" through my water lines, and that works OK except there always seemed to be a bit of residual "taste" in the Spring when I began camping again. So I switched to blowing the lines out, and I found that to actually be a bit easier to do than using the "pink stuff", even though I had added a line to suck the pink stuff directly into my water pump rather than having to pour it into my fresh water tank.

I've never had a problem with damage due to freezing using the blowout method, but I am always careful to run the water pump for about 10 seconds while still blowing compressed air into the line, so as to ensure the pump gets cleared of water also. And I always remove and drain by hand the little filter cup that is on the water pump, since that is a low point. Plus I always dump pink stuff into all the drain traps - you mustn't forget that just because you are using the blowout method. And you still have to drain the water out of the water heater. And if you don't own a decent air compressor, the "pink stuff" method is certainly cheaper than running out and buying a compressor.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com