Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Website Woo's
RLM
post Oct 28 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

I have been browsing a lot of websites researching CGs to add to my possibles list for an upcoming trip. I have not been impressed with some of them. Does anyone else have an issue with websites that make you spend time searching for the fundamentals that are needed to make a decision to stay at the CG?

Small town municipal campground websites are the worst. It appears that they don't have anyone who could recognize an RV much less provide information about their facilities and amenities.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain to me why there would not be something as basic as an address and phone number on the Home page of any campground website. And, how hard is it to do a Google Map search of one's GPS coordinates and put that on the website? Don't most of the majority of all RVers use GPS to find a CG?

Then there are those CGs that don't have a website. I am wondering if anyone would choose to stay at one of those? Not spending a couple bucks a month on a basic website gives me a first impression that it isn't going to be a highly rated park.

I am thinking WalMart parking lots for my trip. At least we all know what to expect from those.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dalsgal
post Nov 1 2013, 06:54 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

Not everyone is really into computers even in this day and age. The owners of the park we manage do not use computers that much and saw no need to have a website. My husband writes websites and decided to write one for our park and we keep the site up and pay any fees as our Christmas gift to them every year. After 4 years they are finally seeing that a website does bring in business. We do have our GPS coordinates listed there as well as our physical address. We do this because our physical address is not a recognized address and will take you about 30 miles in a totally different direction. Even though our physical address names the highway we are on people will follow the GPS, turn onto a totally different highway and then call and ask why they can't find us.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com