Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rules For Pets....what Do You Think?
navypilot
post Nov 23 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 77558

Hi all,

I've been quietly reading the forum for about 18 months now. I am impressed by the care and passion which people offer their insights. My first forum topic is simple, but important.

What do you feel the policy on pets in a park should be? I'm talking to lovers, haters, and everyone in between. Let's just go ahead and say that pets are allowed. Since they are allowed, what are policies you'd like to see implemented? What are some of the best ones you've seen around North America? Think about pets outside, pets inside, cleaning up waste, proximity to other campers, specific species that should be disallowed, etc.

I prefer fair and reasoned responses. I see a lot of passion for pets across the spectrum, but I haven't seen a specific topic that addresses policies. So, if you were writing the policy, what would it include?

Thanks for your insights...Roll Tide. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dalsgal
post Nov 30 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

I had a problem this week with a man that whipped his car into our driveway and let his two dogs out to run. He blocked the drive, didn't put leashes on the dogs and didn't clean up after them. I went out to where he was and he got angry when I told him that what he was doing was not acceptable. It's bad enough when we have RV'ers here that have that attitude but when someone traveling through thinks it is perfectly acceptable to let the dogs out anywhere they see a big open lawn.
+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post Dec 1 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26175

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Nov 30 2013, 11:54 AM) *

I had a problem this week with a man that whipped his car into our driveway and let his two dogs out to run. He blocked the drive, didn't put leashes on the dogs and didn't clean up after them. I went out to where he was and he got angry when I told him that what he was doing was not acceptable. It's bad enough when we have RV'ers here that have that attitude but when someone traveling through thinks it is perfectly acceptable to let the dogs out anywhere they see a big open lawn.

People are nervy. When I lived in the mountains of Colorado I lived a 1/2 mile back in and came home from town one time and some people had parked in my road for a picnic. I had a neighbor that lived on the main road and some folks had set up a tent and made cam,p in his front yard. Never ever underestimate the stupidity and nerve of some folks.

--------------------
We are now off the road but this is what we fulltimed in.
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jim crowl
post Dec 13 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33991

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Dec 1 2013, 10:48 AM) *

People are nervy. When I lived in the mountains of Colorado I lived a 1/2 mile back in and came home from town one time and some people had parked in my road for a picnic. I had a neighbor that lived on the main road and some folks had set up a tent and made cam,p in his front yard. Never ever underestimate the stupidity and nerve of some folks.

In regard to "people are nervy" I once stopped someone walking through my back yard, and was told he was "hunting". I lived in a neighborhood where we all had 5-acre lots, kids, animals etc. He was from the "big city" and to him our subdivision looked like the wilderness. Perhaps he had a camper parked on one of the neighbors lots.

As for pets in RV parks, the only thing that bothers me is excessive barking. I don't have dogs, and only get upset when neighbors make no attempt to control continuous barking.
I was in an RV park one time where most of the sites were taken by people who each had several dogs. It was very quiet. As it turned out they were professional dog trainers on their way to some sort of competition. I complimented the leader on how quiet and well behaved the dogs were. She said most dogs can be taught not to be noisy, but many people are too lazy to take the time to work with them.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
navypilot   Rules For Pets....what Do You Think?   Nov 23 2013, 07:51 PM
jamarynn1   I have no pets......they don't fit my lifestyl...   Nov 23 2013, 10:27 PM
mdcamping   One rule I would like to see would be a age restri...   Nov 23 2013, 10:39 PM
nedmtnman   I would imagine when this topic is done the rules ...   Nov 24 2013, 09:06 AM
kcmoedoe   Good luck. For some people a policy that required...   Nov 24 2013, 10:14 AM
Dutch_12078   I agree with jamarynn1. Most pet friendly parks do...   Nov 24 2013, 11:44 AM
kcmoedoe   I agree with jamarynn1. Most pet friendly parks d...   Nov 25 2013, 05:01 PM
Dutch_12078   Given that parks apparently have enough trouble g...   Nov 25 2013, 05:15 PM
kcmoedoe   I've seen at least one rule that does allow t...   Nov 25 2013, 08:18 PM
Dutch_12078   A park that controlled probably needs to have it...   Nov 25 2013, 08:52 PM
Texasrvers   I don't really care if the leash is at 5 ft or...   Nov 25 2013, 09:47 PM
rgatijnet   I have had no problems with the RV Parks that say ...   Nov 29 2013, 10:17 AM
Nolan   We don't have any pets. They doesn't fit ...   Nov 29 2013, 12:32 PM
mdcamping   I think people that participate on all the camping...   Nov 30 2013, 09:13 AM
dalsgal   I had a problem this week with a man that whipped ...   Nov 30 2013, 11:54 AM
nedmtnman   I had a problem this week with a man that whipped...   Dec 1 2013, 09:48 AM
jim crowl   People are nervy. When I lived in the mountains o...   Dec 13 2013, 03:30 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com