> Rules For Pets....what Do You Think?
nedmtnman
post Dec 1 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26175

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Nov 30 2013, 11:54 AM) *

I had a problem this week with a man that whipped his car into our driveway and let his two dogs out to run. He blocked the drive, didn't put leashes on the dogs and didn't clean up after them. I went out to where he was and he got angry when I told him that what he was doing was not acceptable. It's bad enough when we have RV'ers here that have that attitude but when someone traveling through thinks it is perfectly acceptable to let the dogs out anywhere they see a big open lawn.

People are nervy. When I lived in the mountains of Colorado I lived a 1/2 mile back in and came home from town one time and some people had parked in my road for a picnic. I had a neighbor that lived on the main road and some folks had set up a tent and made cam,p in his front yard. Never ever underestimate the stupidity and nerve of some folks.

--------------------
We are now off the road but this is what we fulltimed in.
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Traveling man
post Dec 13 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33991

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Dec 1 2013, 10:48 AM) *

People are nervy. When I lived in the mountains of Colorado I lived a 1/2 mile back in and came home from town one time and some people had parked in my road for a picnic. I had a neighbor that lived on the main road and some folks had set up a tent and made cam,p in his front yard. Never ever underestimate the stupidity and nerve of some folks.

In regard to "people are nervy" I once stopped someone walking through my back yard, and was told he was "hunting". I lived in a neighborhood where we all had 5-acre lots, kids, animals etc. He was from the "big city" and to him our subdivision looked like the wilderness. Perhaps he had a camper parked on one of the neighbors lots.

As for pets in RV parks, the only thing that bothers me is excessive barking. I don't have dogs, and only get upset when neighbors make no attempt to control continuous barking.
I was in an RV park one time where most of the sites were taken by people who each had several dogs. It was very quiet. As it turned out they were professional dog trainers on their way to some sort of competition. I complimented the leader on how quiet and well behaved the dogs were. She said most dogs can be taught not to be noisy, but many people are too lazy to take the time to work with them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com