RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mexico Travel
John WD Smith
post Dec 5 2013, 07:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66825

My wife and I are looking for suggestions/recommendations on traveling to Mexico in for the first time with our diesel truck and 28ft 5th wheel.
Which border crossing to take, safety considerations, campsites recs, where we should stay overnight, final destination? Any feedback would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dutch_12078
post Dec 6 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35147

Don't forget that you will need your passport, passport card, or enhanced drivers license with you, to re-enter the US.

--------------------
Dutch
Great Sacandaga Lake, NY
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
2011 Toyota RAV4 toad
+Quote Post
John WD Smith
post Dec 7 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 66825

QUOTE(Dutch_12078 @ Dec 6 2013, 10:08 PM) *

Don't forget that you will need your passport, passport card, or enhanced drivers license with you, to re-enter the US.

We have a Canadian passport. What is a passport card and an enhanced driver's license?
+Quote Post
Dutch_12078
post Dec 7 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35147

QUOTE(John WD Smith @ Dec 7 2013, 11:48 PM) *

We have a Canadian passport. What is a passport card and an enhanced driver's license?

Ok, you're in good shape then. I didn't realize you were Canadian, so my apologies for that. The passport card is issued to US citizens that want a lower cost alternative to a full passport. The downside is that it can only be used for US entry/re-entry by land or water, from Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean, not by air. An enhanced drivers license is a one that has been vetted with the same identity requirements as those needed for a passport, and serves the same purpose as the passport card. Enhanced licensed are only issued currently by the states of Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington in the US, and the provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec in Canada.

--------------------
Dutch
Great Sacandaga Lake, NY
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
2011 Toyota RAV4 toad
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com