Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Deferred Reviews
John S.
post Apr 19 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 207

Well. I have seen traffic slow down here. Now over on vr.net there is a thread going about deferred and changed reviews. I guess selling the site adjusted the review process to the new owners taste. Sad the see a fine site start to die. Sure you can say it is not, but there is a Facebook page that has lots of reviews and other places on iPhone apps. I can say I went here first to check but since I have found the reviews to be bland I have started checking other places. I want to know if management is a pain or is ok. I want to know if the place is a 10 or a dump. I care if wifi is working or how well. I want the flavor as well as the numbers. Just a heads up from a long time member that you are losing your audience and you might look to change that.

--------------------
John S.
2001 Foretravel U320
2007 Bornfree
Jeep Wrangler Toad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Andy R
post Apr 21 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 37395

John, thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. You are correct that there is an awful lot of competition springing up across the web. I have been a fan of RVPR for many many years and expressed the same concern to the previous owner. He finally realized he didn't have the resources available to push things to the next level so he bestowed that honor on me.

We take user feedback very seriously and I appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback. I agree that allowing our members to leave more data on other aspects of the park is important. We plan to roll out a new version of the website in the coming months. At that time users will be able to rate campgrounds on Value, Service, Campsites & Cleanliness. It's very possible that we might have some campgrounds that have great facilities, offer an exceptional value but have very poor service. That is important information when researching campgrounds and we want to make sure and collect more info so everyone can make an informed decision.

As for Wifi, we plan to roll out some smartphone apps which will include some features to better understand connectivity options and how well they work. That's a biggies these days!

To set the record strait, numbers are not on the decline here. The number of submitted reviews is on par or slightly up from the past and we plan to make some changes that should help us increase the submission of data significantly.

We also plan to be a little more lenient when it comes to deferring reviews based on grammatical issues. That being said, we will continue to have clear guidelines outlining our standards and reviews which do not meet out standards will be deferred. RVPR is intended to be an informational site with high quality reviews about the campgrounds.

RVPR is not intended as a dispute resolution service. Sometimes members encounter a terrible experience at a park and come here to "get even" by posting about their experience and not an actual review of the campground, facilities, etc. In very limited cases we will defer the user and suggest they take their issue to the Better Business Bureau. I suspect it's often in these cases where this person then runs to another site to start a discussion to make us look bad for deferring their complaint.

We understand that poor customer service is an important attribute to track and will allow users to rate service in the next release.

Lastly, to address some rumors that float around on RV.net, I own this site and I have never owned a campground in my life. The previous owner never owned a campground either.

Thanks for being a long time members & thanks again for voicing your concerns. We are working diligently to make sure RVPR can evolve and remain the #1 place for RVers to research for campgrounds.

Kind Regards,

Andy R
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
John S.   Deferred Reviews   Apr 19 2014, 08:52 AM
dalsgal   Funny how people see chat about problems on this s...   Apr 19 2014, 07:54 PM
A.E.Michell   Funny how people see chat about problems on this ...   Apr 20 2014, 10:02 AM
DXSMac   The only complaints I have seen are from people t...   Apr 24 2014, 04:55 PM
docj   I recently worked for a park that would get all h...   Apr 24 2014, 05:22 PM
Andy R   John, thanks for taking the time to post your feed...   Apr 21 2014, 09:51 AM
GandJ   ...To set the record strait... We also plan to ...   Apr 21 2014, 11:58 AM
docj   I really don't mind corrections to grammar an...   Apr 21 2014, 01:01 PM
GandJ   If we permit people to post comments regarding o...   Apr 21 2014, 06:50 PM
jamarynn1   Frankly, I don't care if the park owners paint...   Apr 21 2014, 03:49 PM
Andy R   You're not allowing people to post the reviews...   Apr 21 2014, 09:32 PM
HappiestCamper   The admins here do a great job of wading through a...   Apr 22 2014, 07:33 AM
GandJ   If you don't mind, please provide me some spe...   Apr 22 2014, 05:12 PM
Andy R   HappiestCamper, Thank you very much for linking m...   Apr 22 2014, 10:11 AM
Dutch_12078   The changes sound quite good to me, Andy, and I...   Apr 22 2014, 10:52 AM
Andy R   The changes sound quite good to me, Andy, and I...   Apr 22 2014, 11:23 AM
Dutch_12078   I think the right way to handle that is to messag...   Apr 22 2014, 12:10 PM
mdcamping   Sounds like were starting to split hairs... are ta...   Apr 22 2014, 06:50 PM
Andy R   PM sent with my email address. I see your point w...   Apr 22 2014, 11:28 PM
GandJ   PM sent with my email address. I see your point ...   Apr 23 2014, 05:35 PM
Andy R   Cute one! The fact we have guidelines in plac...   Apr 23 2014, 07:31 PM
USMCRET   Andy, I absolutely applaud you and the direction y...   Apr 24 2014, 08:11 AM
Andy R   Thanks Ed!   Apr 24 2014, 09:25 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com