2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Review Not Posted
Navy Steve
post Jun 7 2014, 06:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 86033

Just wondering why my review I submitted on or about May 18, 2014 for Northwest River Campground in Chesapeake, Va didn't get posted. Can you e-mail us if there are discrepencies? I think the webmaster is too picky about submitting reviews. Is this going to be deleted because I spelled discrepency wrong?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jun 7 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(Navy Steve @ Jun 7 2014, 07:50 AM) *

Just wondering why my review I submitted on or about May 18, 2014 for Northwest River Campground in Chesapeake, Va didn't get posted.

You might want to clean your glasses. biggrin.gif Your review IS posted.

Can you e-mail us if there are discrepencies?

If there is ever a problem with any review, we do inform you by email.

I think the webmaster is too picky about submitting reviews.

The webmaster does not check reviews. The people that do that are all volunteers.

Is this going to be deleted because I spelled discrepency wrong?

No, but we probably would have corrected your spelling if it had been in a review.

+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post Jun 8 2014, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26175

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.

--------------------
We are now off the road but this is what we fulltimed in.
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jun 8 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

I wonder if anyone has ever taken the time to count how many new threads are being posted about a review not being posted?
+Quote Post
Hutch333id
post Jun 8 2014, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36856

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jun 8 2014, 03:10 PM) *

I wonder if anyone has ever taken the time to count how many new threads are being posted about a review not being posted?

I too have pondered this very same question. Along with, "why is it that the people who are complaining don't take the time to read the site rules and guidelines!”

--------------------
2014 Cedar Creek 38fl
2008 F350 6.4 Diesel Dually
Retired MET Police and proud of it
2013. 28 nights camping and 4350 km
2014. 29 nights camping and 3300 km ......so far
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jun 9 2014, 07:24 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87294

I wonder why the rules are SO STRINGENT ....for a site that relies on customer input. Why make it so difficult to post a review?? What difference does it make if a review is over 6 months old....or the grammar isn't correct ?? ......its still a review. For a site that is designed to help the traveler......it doesn't .

I posted a review on a KOA that is going thru MAJOR upgrades......NEW owners.....new premium sites being built.......all new design. Its going to be a PREMIUM KOA. It never got posted because my stay was more then 6 months ago ????. The LAST post on that particular c/g is over 1 year old....and its not favorable. WHAT GOOD IS THAT OLD REVIEW ???? Its a mis- justice to the c/g and the new owner because of too much nonsense.

I guess its just a power trip.......

Have a nice day everyone.
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jun 9 2014, 08:24 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

QUOTE(tiffinman @ Jun 9 2014, 07:24 AM) *

I wonder why the rules are SO STRINGENT ....for a site that relies on customer input. Why make it so difficult to post a review?? What difference does it make if a review is over 6 months old....or the grammar isn't correct ?? ......its still a review. For a site that is designed to help the traveler......it doesn't .

I posted a review on a KOA that is going thru MAJOR upgrades......NEW owners.....new premium sites being built.......all new design. Its going to be a PREMIUM KOA. It never got posted because my stay was more then 6 months ago ????. The LAST post on that particular c/g is over 1 year old....and its not favorable. WHAT GOOD IS THAT OLD REVIEW ???? Its a mis- justice to the c/g and the new owner because of too much nonsense.

I guess its just a power trip.......

Have a nice day everyone.

They have their rules because they work! The three review rule keeps out the lazy bee itchers that want to make life miserable for a park because they feel they suffered some terrible slight.
The six month rule works because parks change over time, and even though I am sure you can see into the future, posting about how a park will be after a renovation that is not complete is an exercise for Karnak the Magnificent, not a park review site. Proper Grammar is not a rule, but they will turn away a review that appears to be written by a 2nd grade dropout because it will unfairly make that review appear to less than credible.
In my opinion they need another rule, that would eliminate the one trick pony who only posts to criticize the administration of a free forum. (Hint Hint that would be you)
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jun 9 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Well .......I can not see into the future....and I'm not a smart ass...or a moron. ( hint hint hint ...like YOU )

I never said I posted how the park would look AFTER the renovation ....if you ever got past the 3rd grade and knew how to read. I said it was.... in fact.... in progress and will be a premium status KOA. I do have a personal friend who is involved with the new design and upgrade of that KOA....and that to some REAL travelers is important to know .....if you where in that park previously and had a bad experience.

You say the rules work.....I say they don't.... That's what makes this country so great ......we are all aloud to have opinions. Isn't that GREAT !!!!

OH.........and by the way....the three review rule works great....... except my 3rd review NEVER got posted BUT my first TWO DID......so can you explain the 3 review rule to me one more time ......PLEASE !!!
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jun 9 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(tiffinman @ Jun 9 2014, 12:01 PM) *

Well .......I can not see into the future....and I'm not a smart ass...or a moron. ( hint hint hint ...like YOU )

I never said I posted how the park would look AFTER the renovation ....if you ever got past the 3rd grade and knew how to read. I said it was.... in fact.... in progress and will be a premium status KOA. I do have a personal friend who is involved with the new design and upgrade of that KOA....and that to some REAL travelers is important to know .....if you where in that park previously and had a bad experience.

You say the rules work.....I say they don't.... That's what makes this country so great ......we are all aloud to have opinions. Isn't that GREAT !!!!
OH.........and by the way....the three review rule works great....... except my 3rd review NEVER got posted BUT my first TWO DID......so can you explain the 3 review rule to me one more time ......PLEASE !!!

With my third grade education, I was able to read the post where the administrators told you the third review was older than 6 months, hence not eligible for posting. I realize you are much smarter than the administrators of this site and can easily decide what policies should not apply to the enlightened ones such as yourself. But they tend to enforce the rules as if everyone was as stupid as I am. It is unfortunate that a great mind like yours gets lumped into that cesspool that is the masses. Perhaps this could be solved by the administrators of the site having a policy where the great ones can submit a sworn affidavit stating that they are, in fact, better than everyone else and therefore the forum rules and policies would not apply to them.

By the way, at what level of education does " ..." replace the comma, the period, the colon, the semi-colon and all the other punctuation marks that were the hallmark of my third grade level grammar?
+Quote Post
Janet H
post Jun 9 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 82945

One more time... Reviews are posted after site team review. The site team are VOLUNTEERS who love to camp and this is the camping season. Some delay is reasonable, please be patient. Having volunteers approve reviews may slow down the process a bit but it also insures that we have a neutral and fair process. Our site team are not affiliated with campgrounds and have no agenda other than approving reviews that are in keeping with the sites submission guidelines. The review process also removes adult content, spam and an unspeakable amount of self-serving content from park owners.

Currently the site is undergoing a major software rewrite and soon we will have a new interface and the process will be a bit more streamlined. Until then please be respectful of the time and effort spent by our volunteers so that rvers have a great resource.

Finally - it is NOT Ok to call members name, make rude posts or generally stir up discontent. If you have a specific concern please let an admin know but do not take every opportunity to voice your displeasure. Once is sufficient. We are working to make improvements but they take some time. In the meantime please know that the reviews that are currently available are the best info we can muster and submitted by real campers - not park owners and operators.

+Quote Post
pianotuna
post Jun 9 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10403

Hear, hear!

QUOTE(Janet H @ Jun 9 2014, 01:14 PM) *

Finally - it is NOT Ok to call members name, make rude posts or generally stir up discontent.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jun 9 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

I'm surprised the " SENIOR " member....who has posted close to 300 posts and knows all the rules.........is the one to initiate discontent and name calling.

I guess they feel only their posts are important and everyone else is a low life peasant not worth of having an opinion......unless of course it agrees with theirs.

OH....I'm glad you can read that the administrator discarded my 3rd post due to the fact is was over 6 months old and posted my 2 reviews.......very good.....now see if you can do the math.....

IMO.....this site is great for laughs .....not so great for reviews.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jun 9 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

tin, it is obvious that you are unhappy here and see no reason for rules. Rules apply everywhere in our lives. A website that is run without any rules will soon be so chaotic that it won't last and anything posted there is not likely to be believed by anyone. One of the admins very nicely asked you to remember the rules and you refuse. We welcome you on this site if you will follow the rules but most of your posts are attacking others. Why not start your own review site and have no rules?
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jun 9 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

And ... with ... that ... I ... am ... finished ... with ... this ... thread. ... ... ... ... ... ...
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jun 9 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Great....I....don't....think........I....will.....miss.....any.....of.....your.....posts.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com