Closed TopicStart new topic
> Parks With Lots Of Pop Ups
dalsgal
post Jul 23 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

tiff, some campgrounds do not charge different prices for 30 or 50 amp sites. All our sites are 20,30 and 50 and we are getting ready to add some 100 amp sites. Right now we don't charge extra and, if someone is only going to be here 1 night they can use a pull thru site at the same price. If a big motor home with tow car is going to be here longer than 1 night (and unhook) they get a back in spot so that we can save the pull thrus for those that do not plan to unhook. We have people coming in in conversion vans that cannot manage to back into a spot and they think they MUST have a pull thru. Frankly, those folks shouldn't be driving at all in my opinion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
docj
post Jul 23 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 23 2014, 03:32 PM) *

We have people coming in in conversion vans that cannot manage to back into a spot and they think they MUST have a pull thru. Frankly, those folks shouldn't be driving at all in my opinion.

ROFL, you are definitely my kind of person!

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 23 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87294

dal....most c/g I've visited charge extra $$$ for full length pull thru ....50A....sewer & water. I've also stayed in pull thru's for more then just 1 night.....sometimes over a week because we enjoy the extra space and have unhooked the toad to go shopping. Sometimes I also book back-ins for extended period of time it depends on our situation.

I have seen pop-ups in pull-thru.... 50A... full hook up sites with a 50A to 20A adaptor using a lite extension cord and NO sewer hose hooked up.... for over a week. To me that's a waste of $$$ and poor site management......but that's just my opinion.

It will be nice when parks start to install 100A sites.......sometimes 50A just isn't enough.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 23 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

They are starting to make 100 Amp required RV's so we feel it is necessary. We don't have tons of pull thrus so we try to keep them available for those that aren't unhooking. For people towing their RV our back in spots are long enough so they don't have to unhook. Why should we rent the pull thrus to people that are unhooking and have to make someone with a tow car have to unhook just to be able to park?
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 23 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

They are starting to make 100 Amp required RV's so we feel it is necessary.

That I'm glad to hear......with the new bigger all electric coaches 50A just isn't enough power.

Why should we rent the pull thrus to people that are unhooking and have to make someone with a tow car have to unhook just to be able to park?

If that's what they want and are paying for why not ? ?
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 23 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

If that's what they want and are paying for why not ?

They pay the same price but I feel it is fair to let the ones that aren't unhooking have the pull thrus. Why do people that are unhooking and staying longer feel they are entitled to a spot that someone that is going to be here for 1 night really needs? How would you feel if you pulled in and someone that was going to be here for days had the last pull thru and you were told you must unhook and back into a site just for one night? I'd be willing to bet that you would get angry and leave.
+Quote Post
Gunnar
post Jul 23 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 28852

I can't say I have seen a whole bunch of pop ups in the spots we have stayed this year. I have seen many driving by on the highway though. I think in my area many of them stay in the provincial parks.

When I was a kid we had a pop up/tent trailer. It was basically a tent on wheels.
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 23 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 23 2014, 08:01 PM) *

They pay the same price but I feel it is fair to let the ones that aren't unhooking have the pull thrus. Why do people that are unhooking and staying longer feel they are entitled to a spot that someone that is going to be here for 1 night really needs? How would you feel if you pulled in and someone that was going to be here for days had the last pull thru and you were told you must unhook and back into a site just for one night? I'd be willing to bet that you would get angry and leave.

No......when I pull into a park.....I don't know how long the pull-thru customers will be there .....nor do I care.

but .....if I pulled into a park and there where a bunch of pull thru sites EMPTY and I was willing to pay the price ( most parks charge extra ) and was told I couldn't have one because somebody MAY come in LATER and need it......that would make me angry and I would leave If I'm a late arrival and have to unhook and back in that's fine .....I'm happy just to get ANY site and not be told there are NO sites available.

That's just how I feel

+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 23 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 23 2014, 09:01 PM) *
How would you feel if you pulled in and someone that was going to be here for days had the last pull thru and you were told you must unhook and back into a site just for one night?

Honestly, I would be disappointed that I could not have a pull through, but I would not leave the park unless I had reserved a pull through, and then it was given away. That would make me mad, but I probably wouldn't leave even then; I'd go ahead and take the back in. If I did not have a reservation and a pull through was not available, I would then blame myself for not reserving one before they were all taken.

We prefer pull throughs regardless of our length of stay, and I would be a bit more upset if I couldn't have one just because I was staying several nights. Also, I would think the park owner would want our 2-3+ sure thing rather than take a chance that 2-3+ individuals would be passing through and want a pull through. It would also upset me even more if I took the back in and then the pull throughs sat vacant the whole time we were there.

On occasion we have stayed at parks where we have seen smaller 30 amp rigs/popups on big rig/50 amp sites. My feeling is that if the smaller rigs got there/reserved first, they have just as much right to stay on a larger site if that is what they want to pay for. It's the old adage of first come gets the best spots.

I think it is good that you or any park tries to hold open pull through sites for overnighters, but if someone requests a pull through, I hope you aren't turning them away just because they will be there more than one night.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Jul 24 2014, 12:00 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

We are on the opposite side of the same fence. I drive an older 30a coach, and have stayed 1-2 nights at a local KOA. Because we are staying a short time, we have been automatically put in the pull-through sites, but then I am told we are getting charged an extra $3.00 for the pull through. I would prefer to spend the few extra minutes to back in and save the extra charge.

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 24 2014, 11:08 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I said we prefer pull throughs, but I probably should have qualified that a bit more and added "when all things are equal." If the pull throughs cost a lot more--more than a few bucks--and if we are going to unhook anyway, we might choose a back in. Also if the pull throughs are in full sun and the back ins are in shade and it is 100 degrees outside, we would probably choose the back in, so we sometimes choose back ins when there are circumstances that make them a better site. Otherwise we stick with pull throughs.
+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Jul 25 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

We prefer pull-thrus because that gives us TWO options to get out of the site. We've had to back out of a pull-thru site more than once because some idiot has parked his pickup on the drive across from us and now we don't have the room to swing out (couple that with tight spots/trees/posts/boulders and you don't have a lot of lee-way). I'm not shy about asking someone to move their truck, but on occasion, they aren't there.
+Quote Post
docj
post Jul 26 2014, 06:40 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Jul 25 2014, 10:37 PM) *

We prefer pull-thrus because that gives us TWO options to get out of the site. We've had to back out of a pull-thru site more than once because some idiot has parked his pickup on the drive across from us and now we don't have the room to swing out (couple that with tight spots/trees/posts/boulders and you don't have a lot of lee-way). I'm not shy about asking someone to move their truck, but on occasion, they aren't there.

I was in a similar situation just last week. I ended up not having to back out, but I did unhook the toad so I had the ability to back up and maneuver if I needed to. Sort of defeated the purpose of a pull-through, though.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 26 2014, 07:49 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE(docj @ Jul 26 2014, 06:40 AM) *

I was in a similar situation just last week. I ended up not having to back out, but I did unhook the toad so I had the ability to back up and maneuver if I needed to. Sort of defeated the purpose of a pull-through, though.

This has happen to us also.....more times then I care to recall.

Brings up a whole new topic " inconsiderate campers " the all about " me " campers who do what is best for them ....regardless. I'm in a park now where a small T/T & truck are in a pull-thru spot ( too far back ) and has his awning support post staked to the ground about a foot into the already narrow gravel roadway. Management has spoken to him about it and his reply was ....." I need to be close to the sewer hookup because I only have one section of sewer hose. REALLY ????

I'm almost certain if someone pulling down the roadway accidently rips his awning off.....he would want to sue you.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Jul 28 2014, 12:52 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

Btw, if anyone runs a campground and doesn't like pop-ups, they could always install a pop-up blocker!

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com