> Thankful We Are All So Different
docj
post Jul 24 2014, 08:32 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 23 2014, 08:34 PM) *

How about the review that complained that it was sandy at the beach?

laugh.gif I did see one about Grand Teton park complaining that there was no OTA TV, no wifi and the trees blocked the satellite view. What else would you to to Teton park for anyway? After you've looked at a mountain for a couple of minutes what else are you going to do?

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RLM
post Jul 24 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8584

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Jul 21 2014, 06:04 AM) *

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if I am in the same campground. We all see things different.

Very true. The review that is most helpful to me is the one that attempts to see things through other people's eyes. If folks considered that a review has a primary purpose of providing information about the facilities, amenities, and services of a CG, and whose goal is to help others to make a decision about using the park, then it is useful.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
John S.
post Jul 25 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 207

Yes reviews differ and I know I have marked down only a few places. To me if they have good power water and roads and I can fit in my site and be level I am happy. I have come to expect that wifi is not going to work most places with all the streaming going on. It is simpler to use my mifi.

Now, if they say the roads are tight or the trees scratch or the peer was poor then I will look closely. If they say the owner is rude I might take a chance but more likely if i see that a couple times, I will pass. I do not need the drama.
That is why the write up is more important than the number score but lots of 1s and 2s are a flag.

--------------------
John S.
2001 Foretravel U320
2007 Bornfree
Jeep Wrangler Toad
+Quote Post
MT woodworker
post Jul 26 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #19

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 34736

We do almost all of our camping in Montana (home of the very first KOA) about 1/2 privately owned and 1/2 state or federal. Most of Eastern Montana in the summer is dry and hot, Western Montana has a lot more paved roads and trees. Each has it benefits and draw backs. What I don't get about the reviews is blaming something on the campground in the actual score given when it is not something they can change or fix, ie weather, other campers not following the rules, trains a mile away, gravel roads that they do not own, cable tv (a good portion of Montana does not even have cable tv available to them).

I would love to ask some reviewers if they ever leave the comfort of their RV or if they just sit in it and find negative things to write about. When did it become okay to break campground rules then write a bad review because you were told to quit breaking the rules or leave and admit to breaking those rules in your review? When did it become okay to claim to go "camping" but essentially never leave "home" with its comforts of recliners, tv's, wireless internet, and gripe and complain that they chose a campground that does not have all the things they need to have their comforts work? I do like to have a decent cell or wi-fi signal so I can check weather reports and I'll mention it in a post but it is not a part of my score for the campground unless they are charging me for it.

We have literally had a mid 60's couple get parked across the road from us at one campground as an early check in and ask to be moved to another site because they don't like kids while we were in the process of packing up to go back home for the week. They never even saw our kids, just their bikes getting loaded into our camper. I wonder what they would have wrote for a review if the campground would have told them no we won't move you as these people will be gone in the next 1/2 hour? I felt horrible for the extra work we created for the work camper by just being there. When did we become so overly sensitive that we can't tolerate anything outside of our own comfort zone for any length of time?

If I were to rate a park poorly, they would have to not clean the bathrooms or office, have unsafe water, electric or sewer hookups, have very rough pot holed roads and extremely un-level pads (more than 4" side to side), do no repairs or updates to facilities, have extremely poor customer service or have horribly high rates or lots of add on charges (I believe most KOA's in MT are verging on being over priced). Or if an emergency or problem arises no one representing the campground offers any type of assistance.

Like the OP said, I am glad we all view things differently, but I wish there was a way to make it fair for all involved.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 26 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

QUOTE(MT woodworker @ Jul 26 2014, 03:04 PM) *

I would love to ask some reviewers if they ever leave the comfort of their RV or if they just sit in it and find negative things to write about. When did it become okay to break campground rules then write a bad review because you were told to quit breaking the rules or leave and admit to breaking those rules in your review? When did it become okay to claim to go "camping" but essentially never leave "home" with its comforts of recliners, tv's, wireless internet, and gripe and complain that they chose a campground that does not have all the things they need to have their comforts work? I do like to have a decent cell or wi-fi signal so I can check weather reports and I'll mention it in a post but it is not a part of my score for the campground unless they are charging me for it.

I'm sure I will get a bad review from some folks here. The man had 4 empty bottles of beer at the pool. I went over and reminded him we don't allow alcohol or glass at the pool. He got up, took his bottles home and came back with a bag of fresh ones. I told him again about the rule. I looked over about 15 minutes later and he had the bottle of beer in the pool with him. I made him leave the pool area completely. His comment to me was, "well my family are the only ones at the pool so what difference does it make?" Then his 18 year old son got angry and spewed all kinds of vulgarity at me while the mother stood beside him and said nothing. The mother lied to me about when the kids were leaving and their ages, the kids used our bathhouse and refused to flush, dropped sunflower hulls all around the concrete at the pool. The mother even allowed the boy and his 16 year old girlfriend to go to the shower house and shower together with no regard for anyone else. I know they use the review boards and I'm sure I'll get blasted for insisting the rules apply to everyone at all times.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 26 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Sorry, double posting here
+Quote Post
docj
post Jul 26 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 26 2014, 07:25 PM) *

I'm sure I will get a bad review from some folks here. The man had 4 empty bottles of beer at the pool. I went over and reminded him we don't allow alcohol or glass at the pool. He got up, took his bottles home and came back with a bag of fresh ones. I told him again about the rule. I looked over about 15 minutes later and he had the bottle of beer in the pool with him. I made him leave the pool area completely. His comment to me was, "well my family are the only ones at the pool so what difference does it make?" Then his 18 year old son got angry and spewed all kinds of vulgarity at me while the mother stood beside him and said nothing. The mother lied to me about when the kids were leaving and their ages, the kids used our bathhouse and refused to flush, dropped sunflower hulls all around the concrete at the pool. The mother even allowed the boy and his 16 year old girlfriend to go to the shower house and shower together with no regard for anyone else. I know they use the review boards and I'm sure I'll get blasted for insisting the rules apply to everyone at all times.

I'm surprised you didn't just ask him to leave. I would think you had every justification for doing so.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 26 2014, 06:41 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87294

I'm surprised you just didn't call the police.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 26 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

The sheriff's department here is a joke. The family's truck is broken down and they can't pull their 5th wheel out. Fortunately the kids are gone and I'm telling them tomorrow they will have to find a way to be out of the park on Monday. At this point they are not disturbing other campers so I'm watching them carefully and will see that they leave Monday.
+Quote Post
Hutch333id
post Jul 27 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36856

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 26 2014, 06:25 PM) *

I applaud you for trying to uphold your rules and regulations with such lowlife. Unfortunately people like that feel it is all about them and not for the greater good of everyone.

--------------------
2014 Cedar Creek 38fl
2008 F350 6.4 Diesel Dually
Retired MET Police and proud of it
2013. 28 nights camping and 4350 km
2014. 29 nights camping and 3300 km ......so far
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 27 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

I wanted to update you folks. The rule breakers found someone with a truck that could pull their 5th wheel and left here this morning. They let the dogs run free all morning and left their trash piled up in their site even though we state we don't have site pick up. I ignored them because I was so happy to have them out of here. Now I can enjoy my Sunday off. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jobob
post Jul 27 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 26421

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 27 2014, 11:27 AM) *

I wanted to update you folks. The rule breakers found someone with a truck that could pull their 5th wheel and left here this morning. They let the dogs run free all morning and left their trash piled up in their site even though we state we don't have site pick up. I ignored them because I was so happy to have them out of here. Now I can enjoy my Sunday off. biggrin.gif

Don't be surprised if you have many, many bad reviews from this family and that they go on for months or years depending on how vindictive they are.
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Jul 27 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(jobob @ Jul 27 2014, 01:48 PM) *

Don't be surprised if you have many, many bad reviews from this family and that they go on for months or years depending on how vindictive they are.

I would put my 2 cents on that the punks don't get out to often, so if they manage to figure out about writing a review, It will probably be a rant on some obscure review website that know one pays any attention to.

Mike
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 27 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

The parents travel in their RV for jobs and they had already told me they do reviews on this site. I'm not really worried about them posting because I'm sure their vindictiveness will be obvious to anyone reading. I would rather have them angry because I make people follow the rules than have good people upset because I let the rules slide. I don't always like our rules or rules at other CG's we have stayed in but no one really enjoys staying at a place where they make rules and then don't enforce them. Most rules are really basic common courtesy.
+Quote Post
jimnina
post Aug 2 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 87129

dalsgal sad.gif
Sorry for your turmoil with THOSE camper wannabees. I truly hope you don't get a lot of them mad.gif . We have camped up and down the East Coast for 35 years and am happy to say we don't run into that kind very often. As mentioned by others it always befuddles me when I see a bad review based on , beach sand, coastal breezes, cold wind, jets flying overhead, etc. I know that before we decide to camp in those areas that those type of things ARE there. That's why we pickum laugh.gif You can't fix 'STUPID'
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com