Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Club Visa Card, Buyer Beware
Buckeye
post Jul 15 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3443

Buyer & User Beware,
Good Sam Club Visa Card does not give you a 5% gasoline rebate as advertised in their litature. I used their card for almost a year and in my latest travels across the Southwestern US I used the card for fuel purchases. I have since dicovered that I have been getting less than a 2% rebate. When I questioned MBNA about this I was informed the card could not be used exclusively for gasoline purchases. I have been unable to find that paragraph in the credit card agreement. This is another Good Sam Club benefit that doesn't live up to its billing. I am beginning to realize that Good Sam will take my money but when I don't receive the service they claim and I call their Customer Service their isn't a person above their Customer Service employees you can talk to. Im still waiting for my customer service reply I called in regarding the credit card scam, that has been over 2 weeks now. Good Sam is like all the rest of the organizations that want you to join them, join up and all they want to do is sell you insurance. Thanks for listening. Buckeye
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Homer
post Dec 27 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

I have been using Citi Bank card for more than a year now and have received my 5% discount off gasoline purchases, no problem. I just deduct the accumulated discounts from my bill when I pay, ($50.00) increments. They have imposed no restrictions on me at all.
I also use Discover Card for the 5% rebate on gasoline, they let me deduct any thing over $20.00 accumulated rebate from my bill. No restrictions either. The Discover card for the 5% gasoline must be asked for. They do not discount 5% on the standard card.
So far I am very happy with both of their programs. They have saved me a lot of money. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com