Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pull thru sites, Pull thru vs. pull in and unhook
johnwadams
post Oct 27 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2489

If you have to pull in, unhitch and park your vehicle beside your RV, does this still qualify as a “pull-thru”? We have spent about 2 weeks in one Utah RV Park in 2004 and 2005 that was listed in TL as having 60’ pull-thru sites. My rig totals 53’. When making reservations, I always advise the campground manager/owner as to what I have. The campground I am referring to is a great park and has gotten good reviews from a number of people on this site, but I am always told on arrival to “pull in, unhitch and park your truck behind your picnic table.” In 2004, our group had 8 sites and all of us were told to do this. You have to or you block the road. I spent enough time bicycling through the park to be almost certain they have no 60’ sites. The only time I would have a problem is that if I am just stopping for the night and do not intend to unhitch or if I arrive while it is raining and wish to wait for dry weather to unhook. I’ll take this type of site over a back-in any day, but just wonder if parks like this should be listed in the review as having pull-thru’s, and if given a “yes” for the pull-thru question, the actual site lengths should also be listed. Two of us made reservations at a park in Texas that was strictly a pull in late and leave early one night stop. Neither of us could get our rigs on our “55’” sites without leaving one end sticking out in the road, which we wound up doing. I am just curious as to how to review a park and if others with long rigs have run into this problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Big Ben
post Nov 25 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1914

I am in agreement with Cheryl. In the last 10 years we have spent nothing less than 6 months on the road per year. We have stayed in camp grounds except for 4 nights. I want full hook ups and I will pay for them.
As far as the lenght of sites many parks advertise big rig sites. Our rig is pretty long, a Journey DL 39.5 and we tow a Dodge Dakota. I don't have a problem dropping the truck if nessasary.
I'm really not sure what you are asking for. They are not going to change all the existing sites and the new Camp grounds are making longer sites. The vast majority of camp ground ask how long we are when we call them.
Why don't you , when you call ask for a site of a given lenght,if they don't have one go else where.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com