Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Campground Requirements for RVers, Required Standards
Butch
post Jan 4 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3801

dry.gif dry.gif After having posted my displeasure with the campgrounds in New York State, and or the Northeast the subject has me thinking of a way in which the situation could be corrected. I have to believe that some sort of "standards" or "requirements" should be implemented. Now the question is,"who or whom do you give the power to enforce those standards ? Or is the system so large that operating standards could not be enforced. The system at present, with the camping industry policing their own, is not working. (namely Good Sam, KOA, Trailer Life, campground owners assn. etc, etc). mad.gif mad.gif The situation at present has some boycotting the area by not returning after having been ripped off for whatever the reason. During July '05 we personally were involved in a unpleasant camping experience in New York at the "Thousand Islands " area where the owner was operating a campground under false pretenses. Charging for services, but not providing the advertised services. The Northeast has some very interesting areas to visit. New York alone has a park in the Adirondack Mts of over 6.2 million acres, a for ever wild park. We use it quite frequently, but We also go to the state of Maine every summer or fall for a month, and have for the last fifteen years. Would enjoy reading suggestions and or opinions from other RVers on this subject.

thanks, safe travels

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com