Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> RVing Public Safety, Health Concerns
Butch
post Jan 25 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3801

Would like to bring to your attention an action, by a few poorly educated Rvers, that every Rver should be aware of. I personally have seen this occur a number of times, and have taken a few simple steps and procedures to protect our health. Now just picture this: You have just arrived at your assigned campsite, you make the connection to the electric power box, and now you proceed to connect your water hose, regulator, filter, etc, and open the water valve to allow water to flow through the hose. Shut the hose off, and at this point you connect the hose to your RV, reopen the valve and the water flows into your RV. Now let's backup to the last user of this same site who has vacated not more than one hour ago. During his break down of this site, He choose to flush his sewer hose under the same water faucet you just hooked up to. mad.gif His action had contaminated the faucet, the post, the ground and what ever else in the immediate area of the water spray. His actions may or may not cause your health to be in peril, but I choose to error on the side precaution. When I arrive at the point of connecting the water hose, I observe the immediate area to see if there is any indication of an amount of water that has been dumped on the ground. This could possiblily indicate that this flushing may have taken place. Most times the flushing occurs down the sewer drop. To protect our water hose and contents, I have a spray bottle that contains a mixture of clorox and water. The mixture I use, is 2/3 full of clorox, and fill with water. I spray the faucet, the hose connection, the interior of the hose, connect hose and open the faucet and let the water run through. At this point I connect to the RV. I follow this procedure every time, and at every campground. Better safe than sorry. I have been told that hepatitis C is only one, but the most serious illness you should protect yourself from. Also wear your gloves, when handling the sewer hose, and related equipment. Just some information to have you think about your health. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RVman3252
post Feb 9 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

Butch, I have always done the same thing, only I used swimming pool chlorine. I guess we learn something new everyday! I would of never thought bleach or chlorine had a shelf life? Oh well back to square one... biggrin.gif

RVman

--------------------
RVman
3252 K-Z Sportsmen 5th Wheel w/ 3 Slides
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad 4x4 V-10
Greenville, Ohio
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com