RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Sam Club - Travel Books Any good?
FirstFrontier
post Feb 12 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5294

Just wondering as a Newbie, first trip wil be in March in our new Jaco Jay Flight 20BH is the Good Sam Club worth joining? Also see that many Travel Books are in the market place. What is a good one, with Atlas, RV Camp sites for the US etc.

Thanks for your help, see you on the road.

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Feb 12 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3340

Good Sam is an excellent deal in my book. You will get 10% off at participating camprgrounds, and to tell you the truth we have only come across one campground, other than KOA's who do not honor it. You also get a subscription to a great rv'ing magazine called Highways. As for as any of the travel books, I assume you are referring to campground directories such as Woodall's or Trailer Life. These are basically only good to help locate a campground - their ratings are pretty much useless. We do have both directories. I find a campground in the book, then go to this website and look at the reviews of people I trust. Sometimes when we are on the road, we have to rely on what the directory says as we may not have internet access, but please be aware that you are looking at what consists basically of an advertisement and the campground may or may not be up to your standards. By the way, welcome to the forum.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
FirstFrontier
post Feb 12 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Thanks Cheryl, after looking at the books I had realized that they were mostly ad's. I will take you up on the Good Sam Club. For $19.00 Internet offer think that is a good deal.

We are in the process of stocking what we need for first trip. got a lot of good tips from the forum. We are going from Florida to Charleston, SC on first trip so it is not like we can't go to Wal-Mart or something if we forget something like a can opener. Looks like the less weight that you haul the better off you are. What a fun learning experience.

Mike Cooper
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Feb 12 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

A few things we discovered we needed after our "maiden voyage" included an umbrella and an extension cord. We had the large power cords for the outdoors ut had not thought about one for inside the rv' Also, make sure you have one of those long stick lighters as I use it about every time I love the stove. Supposedly, I can turn one knob to on and then turn the knob of the burner and it will light but I always find it quicker and easier to just turn the burner knob on and use the lighter.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Feb 12 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Okay, make that Light the stove, not love the stove. Good Lord, that makes me sound like some kind of freak!!!

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
FirstFrontier
post Feb 12 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #6

Got it on the list Umbrella, extension cord and matches. As I don't smoke matches would have been last on the list, but then again you use them for things other than smokes. Thanks again,

Mike
+Quote Post
Butch
post Feb 12 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

Cheryl, what was that about your stove ??? O' boy !!

Firstfrontier make sure you place those matches in an air tight container so that the humidity does not affect them, or they will be useless. Good luck on your shake down trip, safe travels, smile and enjoy your time together. Would like to hear your thoughts on the trip upon return.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Feb 12 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Yeah Butch, I am a real homebody - I just love my stove!!! I can think of a lot of other things that would make my heart beat a tad bit faster but I can honestly tell you that I can't think of one kitchen appliance that has that affect on me.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Feb 12 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Butch, maybe a better way to put it is that I light my stove's fire - it certainly doesn't light mine!!!

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Butch
post Feb 12 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Cheryl,

Now young lady, I just LOVE my crockpot, throw the food in, set and forget it. Now I sound like Ron Popeil, I think that is his name. Good grief !! This forum is the "best".

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Feb 12 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Hey, I actually have one of those set it and forget it rotisserie's. It is in the pantry along with the many other kitchen appliances I have thought I could not do without and now gathers dust. I love the "young lady" thing - at 48 years old, I don't get that too often!!!

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Butch
post Feb 12 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Firstfrontier,

Mike, I have to agree with Cheryl, Good Sam Club is a good one to join. We belong to two, Good Sam and we also hold a Gold Camper KOA card. The KOA card gives you a fifteen percent discount on your daily rate, but is really nothing to brag about though. Good Sam is definitely the better deal, more campgrounds are members, which gives you more opportunities to use the card and receive the ten percent discount on your daily rate. I think you will be pleased.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
flomas
post Apr 13 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 4500

Stove? I use my oven to store my toaster oven. Also have a hotplate and electric pot. I use "their" electricity to cook, not my propane. Same with those heat strips. Can make a long trip - 6 weeks, only using propane for fridge going down the road.
+Quote Post
RVman3252
post Apr 18 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 63

I agree that Good Sam is a good deal. The Highway magazine you get it worth the price paid, but then add on the campground discounts and it become a great value. We also belong to Good Sam’s Emergency Road Service… in my opinion it’s another good value for any emergency’s you may have on the road.

Hummm… so you love that Stove Cheryl, and use the long stick lighter to light your fire? Now I know it’s been a long winter, but you need to get out there and camp! tongue.gif You’re beginning to make me nervous… biggrin.gif

RVamn

--------------------
RVman
3252 K-Z Sportsmen 5th Wheel w/ 3 Slides
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad 4x4 V-10
Greenville, Ohio
+Quote Post
Butch
post Apr 19 2006, 06:10 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

O'boy---good grief !

Cheryl,

they are not going to let your stove remark die. But it is funny.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com