Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> We're Home!!!
Cheryl Fuller
post Apr 23 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3340

Vacation always ends too soon. We had a wonderful trip. We started out by going to San Antonio for 4 days. We stayed at the Blazing Star - EasyRider, I don't remember what site number you told me you were in, even though you said you would be gone for a couple of weeks starting the 14th, which is the day we arrived. I thought you said 416, but we went by there and there was several people, mother and young girl, outside so I assumed I had the wrong site as you said you would be gone. We were in 724. Anyway, my nephew is staying in Laredo on a job and has been down there heading up this project for about 2 yrs. We met him in Cotula on Easter and went to lunch and then into Mexico at Eagle Pass. Record temps in the 100's when we were in S.A. Tuesday, we headed on down to Corpus Christi. A little cooler there, only in the 90's. We went to the beach there and then on Weds., we drove down to Padre and went to the beach there. One beach we drove on, the car sunk in the sand as soon as we drove onto it. Buried it up to the frame. Several people came and tried to help dig out but it was impossible. Finally a guy came up in a truck who had some tow straps so he hooked onto us and pulled us back up onto the pavement. The water was cold initially, but once we got used to it, it was wonderful. On the way to Padre, we stopped in Port Aransas and had lunch at a very nice restaurant right on Fisherman's Wharf, where you could sit and watch the boats coming and going. I don't eat seafood, but hubby said it was very fresh and good. We had to take a very short ferry ride into Port Aransas - my first one. It really was a perfect day.
We had hoped to find some seashells as I am redecorating one of the guest bedrooms in our home in a beach theme but no luck. We ended up going to a shop and buying some shells and starfish. We have been all over the world and I truly think this was the best trip we have taken. This was the dog's first trip in the motorhome with us - talk about a pain in the butt!!! Every single morning, he woke me up with barking, which he never does at home. Even though he is pad trained, he peed on the carpet and once, he jumped up on the dash and pooped on it. He also chewed up my husband's new sunglasses, our TL directory, some woodwork and a whole box of kleenex. We are going to the west coast in about 8-9 weeks and I am really reconsidering whether to take him or not. But look at this face - how can I stay mad at him?? I missed reading all of your posts while we were gone. Well, just wanted to check in....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Cheryl
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com