Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rv Park Reviews New Look, Changes to the Site
jtrimmer
post May 8 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6066

QUOTE(Charles @ May 8 2006, 11:27 AM) *

Great new look but seems like alot of reviews have been lost in the change. I realize some were old and maybe out dated but I liked the idea of seeing all the remarks from many members on a park.

Charles

I am one of the developers for the new layout and I just want to say Thank You to everyone for posting your comments positive or negative. It helps point us in the direction we need to go to keep this site great.

All the reviews and parks should still be there. When the site was updated not one piece of info was removed just new things added and wrapped in a new layout. One thing I've noticed is a few of the parks are not where you might think they should be. They might be on the border of 2 cities and you are looking in city A and its actually posted in city B. We are currently finishing up a great search tool for the site that will hopefully help everyone out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post May 8 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3340

QUOTE(genestoy @ May 8 2006, 08:27 AM) *
Cheryl,

I think it only works if you are using Internet Explorer as these forums use a IE plugin called iespell. dry.gif

Gene, I am using IE but am now having another problem. I found the ABC icon that the admin. was talking about it and whne I click on it, I get a message that says iespell not detected - click ok to go to download page. I click OK and it goes nowhere. Guess I will eventually figure it out...

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
genestoy
post May 8 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2973

Cheryl,

Here is the link http://www.iespell.com/download.php download and install it on your computer and then your spell check will work properly. smile.gif
+Quote Post
jamesone
post May 8 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 4844

I note there is a little factoid near the top of each State page. The developers may want to look at Montana. It doesn't look quite right.
+Quote Post
genestoy
post May 8 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

The Highest Point of Montana is Granite Peak, 390 m (12,799 ft)

Should be 3,901 meters smile.gif
+Quote Post
pjtjmn
post May 8 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 5520

Hi -

I don't really post much, (okay this is my first), but I have a question.

Is there any way to see all the reviews listed for a state by town like you used to be able to do?
I'm new to camping, and I enjoyed being able to browse all the listings for a state by town name. When I found one that had multiple "thumbs up", I made a note of it to investigate further.

It was easy to scroll through the state to find the "gems". So did I miss the button which allows you to see everything on the same page?

I do love this site, though. I've book three trips this year on the advise given here!

Thanks for the great resource!
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post May 8 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Gene, thanks, I think I have it now. I went to the link you provided and downloaded it. Thanks for you help.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
jtrimmer
post May 8 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(pjtjmn @ May 8 2006, 07:14 PM) *

Hi -

I don't really post much, (okay this is my first), but I have a question.

Is there any way to see all the reviews listed for a state by town like you used to be able to do?
I'm new to camping, and I enjoyed being able to browse all the listings for a state by town name. When I found one that had multiple "thumbs up", I made a note of it to investigate further.

It was easy to scroll through the state to find the "gems". So did I miss the button which allows you to see everything on the same page?

I do love this site, though. I've book three trips this year on the advise given here!

Thanks for the great resource!

Well you can still do that pretty much. Just use the previous and next city buttons at the top of each city page to go onto the next. It will be in the same order by city that the old site use to be. They are just now grouped by city to save our dialup users some headaches. Those full state listings use to be around 10 megs on some states. For broadband users that is nothing but for 56k ouch biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
genestoy
post May 8 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ May 8 2006, 05:36 PM) *
Gene, thanks, I think I have it now. I went to the link you provided and downloaded it. Thanks for you help.

Cheryl,

Even though they have put the spell check back here it still is good to have that plug-in. After you install it go to Tools at the top of Internet Explorer and you will see iespell. And when anything is in the browser you can click on it (even filling out a form) and it will check the spelling for you. smile.gif
+Quote Post
cblomax
post May 8 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 4752

You guys have done a fantastic job of developing and converting the old site to this one. Talk about customer delight! I was totally used to looking up the cg's on the old one, and since it is a free service, well who was going to complain. You not only gave it a new look but did a total leap forward in functionality.....with no interruption to service. And all of our old reviews and userid's were already moved to the new site. Thanks!

Now a couple of feedback items, not complaints, just feedback to help you get everything worked out:
  • Did I read somewhere that there are supposed to be dots on the map where the cg's are located? I don't see them if they are supposed to be there.
  • I can not get the browser's BACK button to work when in the forum. I'm using IE 6.0, and it works on every other site and forum I use.
Thanks so much, and please keep up the good work. Your site really helps. Not only do we use it for reviews, but we also use it as a resource to find cg's that are not even listed in the cg guidebooks.

--------------------
Chuck & Pam
Bobbi the Cat
2005 Bounder 32W
'04 Tracker toad
+Quote Post
jtrimmer
post May 8 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(cblomax @ May 8 2006, 09:33 PM) *

You guys have done a fantastic job of developing and converting the old site to this one. Talk about customer delight! I was totally used to looking up the cg's on the old one, and since it is a free service, well who was going to complain. You not only gave it a new look but did a total leap forward in functionality.....with no interruption to service. And all of our old reviews and userid's were already moved to the new site. Thanks!

Now a couple of feedback items, not complaints, just feedback to help you get everything worked out:
  • Did I read somewhere that there are supposed to be dots on the map where the cg's are located? I don't see them if they are supposed to be there.
  • I can not get the browser's BACK button to work when in the forum. I'm using IE 6.0, and it works on every other site and forum I use.
Thanks so much, and please keep up the good work. Your site really helps. Not only do we use it for reviews, but we also use it as a resource to find cg's that are not even listed in the cg guidebooks.

Map Dots:
We are tracking down a bug with the dots in IE right now so we disabled them in IE. If you want them you can use any other browser and they will show up until we get that fixed.

Forum Back Button:
Can you give any more info on this? I'm running IE6 and I don't seem to have the back issue. I've been trying to duplicate the bug all day to fix it. Also OS version would be wonderful along with any error screens or messages would be great if you just want to send me a private message on here with that info. Then I might be able to get it tracked down and fixed.
+Quote Post
Homer
post May 9 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Normally I live by the rule "if it ain't broke don't fix it". However, having said that, I really like this new make over. I drop in nearly every evening just to read the mail and see if I can add any information about some one's qusestion. This is certainly attractive and Mr. Webmaster, my head hurts when I think about how much time you spent constructing this very necessary site for RVers. Thanks ~~~ Homer
+Quote Post
Yorkieluvr
post May 9 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5486

Great new look! I love poking around and discovering new tools.

I too am having the problem with the browers back button (IE6). There's no error message, it just doesn't go anywhere. Luckily you can click on the tool bar along the top to get back to the main forum or home pages.

We appreciate all your hard work!
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post May 9 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

It must just be affecting some users because I use explorer and am not having any trouble with the back key. I love the new look.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
RVman3252
post May 10 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 63

I like it!

Although I do not post in the forum that often, I do stop by and check the reviews... Was I ever shocked at the new look. I haven't checked it out totally, but I have to say "Great Job"...

Thanks!

RVman

--------------------
RVman
3252 K-Z Sportsmen 5th Wheel w/ 3 Slides
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad 4x4 V-10
Greenville, Ohio
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com