26 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changes To Review Submittals, Everybody please read
Rib
post Nov 15 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #256

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 37843

I have been using this site to check campgrounds for three years. I review every campground we go to and have to say that some of the reviews that I read before I went to a campground were slanted in favour of the campground. I would prefer to see someone's review and make my own decisions than not see a review especially one that would stop me from going to a bad spot.

There are people out there who never seem to be satidfied with any campground and I check some of their reviews when i see a particularily grumpy review.

It would be helpful if the campgrounds whose emplyees were submitting reviews were posted rather than making the actual users reviews be held up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Nov 15 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #257

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(Rib @ Nov 15 2010, 08:13 AM) *

It would be helpful if the campgrounds whose emplyees were submitting reviews were posted rather than making the actual users reviews be held up.

Sorry but I'm not understanding why you think actual users reviews are being held up in some way because of reviews written by campground employees. Maybe I'm not reading this the right way. Explain further, please.
+Quote Post
Elvia
post Nov 20 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #258

Member No.: 52216

QUOTE(pjtjmn @ Jul 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *

Just a thought..

Five different locations? Wow, I just started camping, and I thought we were doing a lot of different locations this year at 4!!! With all the good reviews in "pending" status, we will be missing out on valuable information..

I understand why you want to do this, but maybe there is another way to keep this honest??
The new way actually gives the dishonest folks incentive to not only try to pump up their place, but hurt others..

For example, if I were a dishonest CG owner, I could always give my own place glowing reviews and poor-to-middling reviews to nearby places...

I was wondering why my review from two weeks ago didn't post!

Maybe we could brainstorm a bit to think of another solution?

+Quote Post
John Blue
post Nov 20 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

Elvia,

Your information is wrong. The total is three not five. Look at the date on this information. This July 2006 date is a thousands years old now. We move fast here.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jan 3 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #260

Advanced Member

To Beaver Run RV Park,

We always want to have parks listed correctly. Please send your information by clicking on the "Contact Us" button at the botton of the page or you may send the information to me in a Personal Message, and I will pass it along to the admins.

Texasrvers
+Quote Post
travelingfools
post Apr 26 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #261

Member No.: 56052

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 10:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

+Quote Post
tiredofit
post Apr 28 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #262

Member No.: 56199

Seems to me that a bad review is, obviously, not from an owner of a campground. Although some people just can't be happy with anything, I think a bad review should get on the site quickly. I am so tired of being lied to by the employees about the campground. We arrive and it's just not an appropriate site. Or access is too hard. Or, we are the only rig because everyone else already knows not to go there, somehow. I have tried to use correct punctuation, spelling, and spacing.
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Apr 28 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #263

Advanced Member

tiredofit,

Please send me a PM over what you are talked about. I do not understand what happen here. smile.gif

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
zash
post May 6 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #264

Member No.: 56216

I am sorry to see that I have to submitt 5 reviews before my review I just submitted will be seen by others.
I just discovered this sight and made a point to go here as soon as I got home to warn fellow campers of such a poor campground in Pelahatchie Mississippi we experienced. I will be back to this site though to submitt more as I camp. I also will NOT be back to the campground we stayed in Pelahatchie Mississippi.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post May 6 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #265

Advanced Member

Zash,

Welcome to the site. It appears your reviews have already been posted. And for the 100,000th time you do not have to submit 5 reviews. The rules state that it is only 3 reviews. Anyone who is serious about making a worthwhile contribution to this site will not find this to be a hardship.
+Quote Post
Bryce61
post May 11 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #266

Member No.: 56717

I know this won't be posted nor will any of mine as I May use just three Campgrounds a year. My wife and I use our camper as much as we can but we have a busy life style with many hobbies and interest and camping is just one of many.

Anyway to the point. I use only this site when looking for campgrounds and have by far found it to be the best. This is why I joined as I did not feel that I should sit on the sidelines and wanted to be part of this group. Infact I joined less than an hour age. I realize the need for some censorship but the new rules imposed will not be very subjective to the families that only camp 2 or 3 times a years. What you will see are those that are retired that will be able to meet your post requiements. I hope you rethink your new rules. I also feel that the majority of the people will be able to weed out the posts that are, well I ahte to say it bull.

One peice of inforamation about my family is that my wifes uncle owns a campground that we frequent only once a year for a long weekend. You may never know this for fact but we will never post for our families campground. Our reasons are we would be to biased and we stay fo free which is not fair to those that do pay.

Bryce
+Quote Post
Bryce61
post May 11 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #267

Member No.: 56717

I must make a rebuttle on my own post. I did not realize that the NEW RULE was actually submitted in 2006. So my earlier post should be posted and I stand corrected. I just joined and I want to say this is an awesome site.
+Quote Post
John Blue
post May 11 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #268

Advanced Member

Send the information to "Contact US" down at bottom of page and someone will help you make the changes.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
nhted
post May 14 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #269

Member No.: 56721

There really should be another way of weeding out the "self written" reviews without penalizing those of us that are either new to camping or new to this site (I only discovered it through a friend that has RV'd all over the country for years.

We have been camping for 4 years (this will be our 5th) and although I'm sure I could write a review on every campground we have stayed at (we keep our own records of each stay) I still would be unable to submit them because of the time limits set here.

I would certainly hope that the moderator(s), or whoever verifies the reviewers, is also looking at the other side of the coin and weeding out really negative reviews that could possibly be written by a campgrounds competitor (or has anyone even thought of this one)?
+Quote Post
John Blue
post May 14 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #270

Advanced Member

nhted

First off welcome to the website and we hope you enjoy it. All reviews are checked before they go on line. Site has a number of filters and traps that admins look at before any reviews will pass. Lots of reviews are send back or junked and you will never see them. If a review did pass all the test and was added on line and then admin finds the information was from park owner it is removed. Admins receive wrong information on reviews each day. Most problems are poor grammar, spelling, wrong numbers, wrong URL and so one. It is a tough job at times.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com