26 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changes To Review Submittals, Everybody please read
normanspaulding
post Feb 24 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #316

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 62593

Yes it is sad cause many of the parks are greedy and providing bad service now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Feb 24 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #317

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10441

Norman,

Are you sure your post of 2/24/12 is for this thread? I went back through the previous 2 pages of posts and found none to which your post could possibly relate.
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Feb 25 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #318

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Feb 24 2012, 11:40 PM) *

Norman,

Are you sure your post of 2/24/12 is for this thread? I went back through the previous 2 pages of posts and found none to which your post could possibly relate.

I think they read the OP only and replied - from the OP:
"Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground."

--------------------
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

IPB Image

CG's we've been to - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&....811523&z=7
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Feb 25 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #319

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

Thanks Happiest. I suppose that is possible. I just find it unusual that someone would go back 5+ years and 300 posts and make a comment that does not seem to relate to any of the recent comments in the thread. Hopefully, we will hear from Norman.
+Quote Post
sass
post Aug 22 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #320

Member No.: 49977

I actually came to gripe about park owners/managers/employees/family/friends and pets posting reviews of their parks. Seems I've been beaten to the punch.

The biased posts are, for us old timers, easy to pick out, but to the uninitiated, maybe not so easy.

I wised up after calling a park in Oregon to make a reservation. I mentioned the good reviews I'd seen on RV Park Reviews. The dude on the phone said he was glad I liked them, since he wrote more than a few of them.

Long story short, the park was no where near what was advertised in the reviews the owner (as he turned out to be) had planted. It was a holiday weekend, so I was stuck. And not real happy. As my travels continued, I found more and more parks reviewed in this site were similarly misrepresented. But, what to do?

I'm not sure the new standard that requires reviews of three different parks to qualify for submission is adequate. All an owner/manager/employee/family/friend or pet has/have to do is find a few parks in the area (or as near as possible) and give them bad reviews. I've seen that done as well.

I'm not sure there is a way to keep the crafty liars out. All we can do is know they are there.

This might help.

The misleading "reviews" are most easily identified when they only discuss the "amenities" and pay no attention to the actual issues you generally have at an RV site. Like road conditions, tree overhang, site level, electrical power quality, water pressure, is there or is there not a sewer connection if they advertise that there is, does wifi cost extra, is there OTA TV, if not, is there cable and does it cost extra, can you catch a satellite?

These are all things, if we keep them in mind and address as many as possible in OUR reviews, that will more than highlight the bogus and generally untruthful, glossed over "reviews" posted by park owners/managers/employees/family/friends and pets.

Steve
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Aug 22 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #321

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

I've been on this forum a number of years, and my understanding and observation is that the hard working admins are "wise" to the "tricks" used to pump up a park and do their best to keep those reviews out of the database.

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Aug 22 2012, 08:07 PM
Post #322

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

QUOTE(sass @ Aug 22 2012, 05:40 PM) *

I actually came to gripe about park owners/managers/employees/family/friends and pets posting reviews of their parks. Seems I've been beaten to the punch.

Welcome aboard sass!
We too have discovered 'less than honorable' reviews of RV parks out there. Started using this site, as folks like us, CAN send a message to the admins, to report what looks like an obvious ringer-review.

Have actually seen reviews vanish, when it became obvious a park owner (or his pet, laugh.gif ) posted gushing reviews.

So drop a dime (yikes...guess you can tell I grew up in another era), to the admin. Let's keep these reviews as real as possible!

Cheers! cool.gif
+Quote Post
John Q Citizen
post Oct 6 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #323

Member No.: 74784

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 09:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the three review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted three or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. smile.gif We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

A lot of bogus reviews are easy to spot. They are glowing, and nonspecific. I always check all the reviews of a park. mad.gif
+Quote Post
SharonW.
post Oct 11 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #324

Member No.: 75133

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 09:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the three review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted three or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. smile.gif We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

Wait a minute. Why is everybody down there saying 5 reviews when this post says 3 reviews? I did 3, luckily I had 3 this year. The season is over now, and there obviously won't be many more. Hopefully that was enough?

+Quote Post
NYDutch
post Oct 11 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #325

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35147

QUOTE(SharonW. @ Oct 11 2012, 06:11 PM) *

Wait a minute. Why is everybody down there saying 5 reviews when this post says 3 reviews? I did 3, luckily I had 3 this year. The season is over now, and there obviously won't be many more. Hopefully that was enough?

Where did you see a reference to requiring 5 reviews? The requirement has been 3 as far as I know since this thread started 300 plus posts back.

--------------------
Dutch
Somewhere in the US or Canada
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Oct 11 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #326

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

When this rule was first begun you had to submit 5 reviews, but shortly after that, the number was changed to 3. To this day members are still talking about having to do 5 reviews even though it was changed years ago. To try to stop the confusion we changed the number in our original post (which SharonW quoted) from 5 to 3, but I see that has not worked well either. (SIGH!)
+Quote Post
NYDutch
post Oct 11 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #327

Advanced Member

Ahh! The fog clears... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Dutch
+Quote Post
Smkyld
post Oct 16 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #328

Member No.: 75217

First, let me say I love this site. We are in the middle of a long trip to visit friends and family and have stayed at numerous campgrounds since our departure in August. I have used this site to make my decisions on where we stay along the way.

I found your site so helpful, I decided to join and do reviews on the places we have stayed. I did a few reviews and found only one thing lacking. Is it possible to add a "laundry" choice on the amenities list? I find that an important choice in selecting parks during extended trips. (We've been out 2 1/2 months.) I will also find it very important when I go full time within the next year or two.

Thank you for the hard work on such a wonderful site. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Eaglemate
post Oct 17 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #329

Member No.: 65202

Probably should have run a focus group before making this decision and not after instituting an overall not well received response.
+Quote Post
NYDutch
post Oct 17 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #330

Advanced Member

There doesn't seem to have been a huge outcry in my opinion, in the six years the rule has been in place.

--------------------
Dutch
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com