> Changes To Website Review Approvals, Please read
ldr1992
post Aug 26 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #16

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 25525

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 26 2008, 12:32 AM) *

ldr1992,

The post you replied to is over a year old. The rule has been changed for quite some time now. You only have to do 3 reviews before they are all posted.
I realized that after I saw the updated thread in another section. Sorry.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Aug 26 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(Chuckl @ Aug 26 2008, 05:51 AM) *

texasrvrs one thing I didn't see was how do you edit a post to add something. I made a post and forgot to add that it was not big rig friendly and see no way to do that except wait 3 months and do a new post on a campground we will not go back to

As far as I know there is no way to correct/change a posted review. I suppose if it is a really big mistake you could email the webmaster with the information and ask him to make the correction. (I assume he can.) But I also know he is very busy just maintaining the website and unless it is really important he may not take the time to fix it. OR when the review posts you could write a correction in the "RV Park Discussion" forum. OR as you mentioned above you could wait and make the correction in a new review stating that it is a correction or followup to the first one.

FYI you can edit your posts in the Forum. There is an "EDIT" button at the bottom of each post which allows you to make changes. You have to be logged in and the button is only visible on your own posts. In other words you can't mess with someone else's post.

Sorry about the review, but I don't know of anything else you can do..
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Aug 26 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

ldr,

No problem. I'm glad it is all straightened out and that you'll be posting reviews soon.

Also when I re-read my other reply I thought it sounded a little abrupt and rude. I didn't mean it to be. I think I was just tired and cranky when I wrote it. That 3 or 5 rule comes up all the time, and we old timers (ahem, veteran posters) tend forget that new members don't realize what has gone on before and what the rules are now.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the website.
+Quote Post
Mejor4Nada
post Sep 5 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #19

Group: Members
Member No.: 12481

Reading this thread of posts tells me I am not the ony person having problems. I like using the site when planning trips and would like to contribute; it goes without saying that more posts should give us better information. I tried to post during the summer of 2007 when we stayed in five campgrounds. At the time, I thought there was a three review rule and I am pretty sure that I posted at least three reviews; none have been posted. Next month I am going on an extended trip across the country and have been reviewing the site for campgrounds. I would like to post reviews for the 8 or 9 places we will be staying; however, like most of you, I take time writing my reviews so they will be more useful. I really don't want to spend the time writing a review that is not going to be posted.
+Quote Post
pianotuna
post Sep 5 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10403

Hi Mejor4Nada,

The admins try to be very responsive here. Perhaps one of them will see this post and try to give you some "one on one" help. No system is perfect--but there have been 57,000 or so reviews posted.

I try to write my comments in advance and then just cut and paste them while reviewing a campground.

Good luck and welcome to rv park reviews.

QUOTE(Mejor4Nada @ Sep 5 2008, 09:07 PM) *

Reading this thread of posts tells me I am not the ony person having problems. I like using the site when planning trips and would like to contribute; it goes without saying that more posts should give us better information. I tried to post during the summer of 2007 when we stayed in five campgrounds. At the time, I thought there was a three review rule and I am pretty sure that I posted at least three reviews; none have been posted. Next month I am going on an extended trip across the country and have been reviewing the site for campgrounds. I would like to post reviews for the 8 or 9 places we will be staying; however, like most of you, I take time writing my reviews so they will be more useful. I really don't want to spend the time writing a review that is not going to be posted.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
+Quote Post
Mejor4Nada
post Sep 5 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 12481

QUOTE(Mejor4Nada @ Sep 5 2008, 09:07 PM) *

Thanks, Pianotuna. I will follow your suggestion regarding writing the review offline and then cut and paste. I appreciate that the site is free and requires a lot of work on someone's part. I am sure that my inexperience with the site contributed to my problem. I have been reading the forums and Webmaster messages since my post and see there is even more information than I first thought.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Sep 5 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Mejor4nada,

I have been posting reviews for over two years, and even with all that experience I will sometimes do something that causes my review to be rejected. Usually it is due to operator error; that means I accidentally leave out information that is required. If that happens you are not suppose to completely lose your review, but...... it does happen.

Pianotuna has the right idea of writing your review in a word processor and then pasting it into the text section of the review form. That way if something does go wrong you at least still have the major portion of your review, and you can start over. After you try to post your review be sure you get the "thank you" screen. If you don't then your review has not been submitted. The system should take you back to the problem page so that you can correct it, but as I said earlier this is where my review has disappeared. (Fortunately that has only happened about 2 times. Coincidentally I have also lost posts in the forum.) After you have successfully submitted 3 reviews they will all be posted.

Also be aware that your reviews should be fairly well written. You should follow standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. For instance if a review is written in all caps or contains no punctuation, it could be rejected. Based on the quality of the other posts you have written on this topic I don't think this is a problem for you, but again it does happen.

Finally it is too bad your first reviews were not posted. I cannot tell you why that happened, but maybe the webmaster will find time to check it out for you. Either way don't let this keep you from trying again. If you have trouble again let us know and maybe someone can figure out the problem.

+Quote Post
John Blue
post Sep 6 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

MEJOR4NADA,

As other people have said use care to complete all the data in boxes. At the end you will receive a "Thank You". If you do not see that then the post was not received by system. I see large numbers of new sites each day so system is working. Try it again and see if that helps.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
Denali
post Sep 6 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2163

QUOTE(Mejor4Nada @ Sep 5 2008, 08:07 PM) *

Mejor4Nada (love that name!), I found only two reviews from you in the queue. They are now posted.

Excellent reviews, by the way. Complete, spell-checked, and informative.

Welcome to the site!

--------------------
Dave Rudisill
Fulltimer since 2002
2004 Beaver Monterey
+Quote Post
araucanaman
post Jun 2 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #25

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 51528

I agree with five reviews. There are certain campgrounds who once they receive a low rating somehow have a great rating within a few days. These new reviews aren't even worth reading. When they begin "As usual" we began and will end our trip here and then correct the bad review before it. If the reviewer loves a particular campground and their owners then do not post a review, you know they like the place and probably have become good friends with owners.
+Quote Post
abbygolden
post Aug 12 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17389

Has there been another change of policy regarding submittal of reviews or have y'all been too busy this week to get them online? Normally my reviews go online the same day or at worst the next. I submitted a review earlier this week and still don't see it. Should I resubmit?
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Aug 12 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

No, the problem is called summer time and system overload here. Reviews are coming in around 200 to 250 a day and we are a small group working on them. Please stand by and you will see your reviews on line soon. smile.gif

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
abbygolden
post Aug 12 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(John Blue @ Aug 12 2011, 11:41 AM) *

No, the problem is called summer time and system overload here. Reviews are coming in around 200 to 250 a day and we are a small group working on them. Please stand by and you will see your reviews on line soon. smile.gif

The good news is that RVers rely on your site for info. As more of us pass along our recommendations to others, the more busy you will be. You need to add some more high paying employees to help you out.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Aug 12 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

abbygolden,

I checked the 300+ reviews that we have right now and did not find one with your username. Because I have helped you in the past with a "lost” review I know that you use a different username to post reviews, but I did not find a review with that name either. So my first question is have you changed usernames? And if not, my second question is what is the name of the park (and its location) that you reviewed? You can send me a personal message or you can click on the "contact us” button at the bottom of each page, and we will be glad to try to find your review.

TX
+Quote Post
abbygolden
post Aug 12 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 12 2011, 05:33 PM) *

abbygolden,

I checked the 300+ reviews that we have right now and did not find one with your username. Because I have helped you in the past with a "lost” review I know that you use a different username to post reviews, but I did not find a review with that name either. So my first question is have you changed username? And if not, my second question is what is the name of the park (and its location) that you reviewed? You can send me a personal message or you can click on the "contact us” button at the bottom of each page, and we will be glad to try to find your review.

TX
Most interesting. Not long after I posted my original request my review was posted online and also the subsequent post from John Blue was posted. Now YOU are saying you can't find one with my username. My guess is that after a review is posted, it is removed from the queue so it won't be repeated and that's probably what happened here.

I have never changed my username here (that I can recall), although I do use different usernames on other forums. As to your second question, the "problem" was already solved earlier today although I'd be happy to send you the info if you desire.

I'm not complaining that one of my reviews didn't make it. I just wanted to make sure it got into the queue. If it didn't make it to the desired destination, it wouldn't be the first time that has happend on the internet. There are some strange gremlins out there. And - you have helped me on at least one other occasion and I appreciate the help from you and anyone else on staff.

If you are truly a Texan - so many say they are but they are faux Texans - I'm sure you will appreciate that I'm on the caost of Oregon this summer where the high has been 67. I think I made a wise choice considering how hot it has been back home all summer. wink.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com