RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Michigan's Upper Peninsula, suggestions for base camps?
elsieLC
post Nov 25 2003, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 230

We are planning on making a trip from SE Pennsylvania to the U.P. next summer. We've received tourist information from the state's tourism department. I also bought a copy of Hunt's Guide to the U.P., but haven't read it yet. Sometimes I think planning for a trip is just as much fun as the actual trip itself. Anyway............ does anyone have any recommendations for campgrounds to use as base camps in the U.P. We'll probably spend 7-10 days there and will probably want to stay a few days in 2 or 3 different CG's in different parts of peninsula. (BTW we have a 36' Class A so that may make a difference on where we can stay). rolleyes.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
junmy3
post Apr 12 2004, 09:08 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

DW and I went to the UP two years ago and had a wonderful time. For visiting Mackinac Island we stayed at Straights SP and for visiting the Keweenaw Peninsula we stayed at McLain SP. Both were wonderful. We also visited Pictured Rock National Lakeshore in Munising. There we stayed at a National Forest park call Bay furnish, no hook ups and a pit toilet, but we survived.

Have fun, God bless, and take a lot of bug spray.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com