RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> reviews on Ocala/Gainesville Fla rv parks
judyann
post Nov 29 2003, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 234

Does anyone have any experience with parks in this area, if so - were they good or bad? Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TnR
post Jan 28 2004, 03:19 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 283

Lake Waldina is a great park if you like company and fishing. The park is quiet but the regulars tend to walk up to you on a daily basis and talk your ear off.. that isn't a bad thing but I like to talk alot to wink.gif
Colby Woods is just west of Lake Waldina and it too is a pretty nice park. If you have a family with children I would Rec. Waldina, great fishing from 2 docks and summer swimming. The water is quite high this year and the catfish were going crazy during Dec. I tend to only park the Yellow Rose RV where I can fish.
Just north of Ocala is Crescent City, there are MANY camp grounds. It is east of Salt Springs and we found one, Gerogetown Marina and it is 200 per month if you want to stay a month, 100 per week. WE opted for 2 months because it is on the lake.. back to that fishing thing again.
West of Gainesville is Old Town and we spent 2 weeks at Yellow Jacket. It is about 30 miles west of the Oaks Mall in Gainesville and right on the river. The catfish are slow there unless you fish the right hours of night. Owned by nice people and the place is beautiful. I will stay there again.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com