RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Review Camping Dates, * PLEASE READ *
jtrimmer
post Jan 7 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6066

Lately I have been noticing a lot of time traveling reviewers and as I am an advocate for the ability to go anyplace in time for a vacation this doesn't bother me, but unfortunately the site doesn't support it since it isn't a proven fact yet.

Ok, seriously though with the change of the year people tend to forget the check the year when submitting a review and I have seen a lot of 12/2007 reviews coming in to the queue to be processed. I would just like to ask everyone to please re-check the date before you submit the review and make sure it says the correct year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jobob
post Mar 19 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 26421

Hate to revive an old thread, but....

I would like to see the date the review was actually submitted. That way I can tell if the poster is reviewing a park several months after they actually stayed there. A lot can change in a few months...good or bad.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Mar 23 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(jobob @ Mar 19 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Hate to revive an old thread, but....

I would like to see the date the review was actually submitted. That way I can tell if the poster is reviewing a park several months after they actually stayed there. A lot can change in a few months...good or bad.

I am sorry to be slow responding to your post. For some reason I missed it when it was first posted.

We are actually dealing with 3 dates here: the date the reviewer stayed at the park; the date he submitted his review to this site; and the date the review gets posted. Two of these are displayed with the review at one place or another.

The new reviews on the home page have the "posted date." When the reviews are listed under the state and city they are in, they are in reverse chronological order, and they display the month and year that the reviewer stayed in the park. The date not shown anywhere is the date the review was submitted by the reviewer.

I believe I understand why you think this date would be helpful, but I'm not sure I agree. You want to know if the reviewer's information about the park is current. But a reviewer can only give information based on the time he was there regardless of when he actually writes it up. It makes no difference if the information is submitted 2 weeks or 2 years later. It will be the same information.

For instance, let's say that I stayed at a park a year ago (March 2008). Six months ago (in September) I wrote a review for that park and submitted it to this site. The things I said would be based on what I saw at the time I was there. Today that review was posted. When you see it on the home page you know it was posted today. When you look at it under the state and city you can see that I stayed there in March 2008. At this point you know that the review is a year old and is based on the condition of the park a year ago. How will knowing the date the review was submitted be helpful? When I wrote the review (in September) I did not update the information. I still used the March 2008 information because I did not know how or if the place had changed since I stayed there.

To me the more important date to take note of is the "stay" date. If you can see that it was a year ago you know there has been plenty of time for the park to change one way or another (and then you should seek a more recent review). Besides even if I wrote the review in the same month I stayed there, and even if you know that I wrote it then, the information is still a year old so I'm just not seeing how the "submitted" date makes any difference.

Well, this has been a bit complicated to explain, and I hope I have made myself clear. Maybe you are seeing something I'm not, but that's my take on it.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jtrimmer   Review Camping Dates   Jan 7 2007, 12:03 AM
dlr   Lately I have been noticing a lot of time traveli...   Jul 5 2007, 10:00 PM
Meterman46   Lately I have been noticing a lot of time travel...   Jul 5 2007, 10:04 PM
etoyoc   Unfortunately, I don't get an option other tha...   Jul 27 2007, 09:38 AM
T Lynn   Unfortunately, I don't get an option other th...   Jul 29 2007, 04:41 PM
Lindsay Richards   I think eliminating the day and just going with th...   Oct 20 2007, 08:14 AM
T Lynn   I'm all for that! Thanks Lindsay.   Oct 24 2007, 06:18 PM
Butch   Please note: If the reviewer puts a notation, ref...   Oct 25 2007, 10:23 AM
jobob   Hate to revive an old thread, but.... I would lik...   Mar 19 2009, 08:14 PM
Texasrvers   Hate to revive an old thread, but.... I would li...   Mar 23 2009, 01:41 PM
DeRenzy   OK Texasrvers, I understand that but can you (or a...   Jul 22 2009, 06:16 PM
DXSMac   You can review a park that's not listed. Some...   Jul 22 2009, 07:19 PM
Texasrvers   JJ is correct. I'll expand a little. When yo...   Jul 23 2009, 12:06 AM
Snure Family   Lately I have been noticing a lot of time traveli...   Jan 2 2010, 10:39 PM
Texasrvers   Snure Family and all others wanting to submit a re...   Jan 3 2010, 12:56 AM
RussJ   Just had a problem submitting a review. Complete...   Sep 15 2010, 09:51 PM
Texasrvers   Sorry you had trouble. It sounds like you did eve...   Sep 15 2010, 10:13 PM
beecavebee   Am I to understand that my review will not be show...   Oct 2 2010, 09:18 AM
John Blue   This is true. The problem we found was park owner...   Oct 2 2010, 09:45 AM
travelingfools   I made a post on the wrong RV park..Is there anywa...   Apr 26 2011, 11:02 AM
John Blue   Yes, send in the in formation to "Contact Us...   Apr 26 2011, 11:59 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com