Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Storage Lighting
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
mastercraft
I found an easy solution to lighting in small storage compartments on my 5th wheel. I have lights in my pass thru storage, but did not have lights in the small storage compartments on the back of the trailer. I install some of the battery powered tap lights that you see on tv. They take 4 AA batteries and I installed them with velcro fasteners on the top of the compartment. They give off enough light to see inside the storage compartment without having to have a flashlight. Just an idea that some of you might can use.
Jef
pianotuna
Hi,

My Rv is old and the cabinets are quite dark. Last fall I found an led light that is powered by 3 AAA batteries and includes a motion detector. I bought one and have no "field tested it" to -40 below zero for storage.

They come with their own velcro tabs and cost $12.00 Canadian!

They are now appearing in more than one color of casing--mine are all white.
mastercraft
I have seen the led lights also, but someone had given us the tap lights a couple of years ago. I found them when we were cleaning out closets since we couldn't go outside due to the frigid weather and I thought I would try them. If they don't work, I will get some of the led lights.
Browzin
Does any one have a web site for those LED lights. Sounds like they might work for a project I have.
John Blue
Lots of web sites on LED's, here is one that may work. Look down near center and you will see RV lights.

LED'S
Browzin
Thanks John, I will check it out.
pianotuna
Hi,

The Superbright site doesn't have the led unit I was speaking of.

In Canada it is sold at Superstore.

The brand name is Globe and the model is a BH2805

I have not seen them online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.