Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campgrounds In South Central New York
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > RV Park Discussions
boater
we are planning a trip up to niagara falls later this summer and want to get some suggestions for campgrounds along south central new york-corning, bath that area . also interested in what kind of road U.S, 15 is through pennsylvania- hilly, easy trip or what.
travelingmomof2
Hello there. I'd recommend Hickory Hill Campground in Bath, NY or Watkins Glen State Park in Watkins Glen, NY. Hickory Hill is private and beautiful. It has daily activities, a couple of pools, etc. Watkins Glen is stunningly beautiful and cheap, as it is a state park. It has a huge pool. Sites are huge but few have electric (not sure if you have a generator or not).

15 can be very curvy in certain parts of PA. Most of it is a single lane highway, and parts of it you have to go off the highway and take town roads and then get back on highway-no choice. It should be manageable though with right tow vehicle and patience!
JohnDoe
[quote name='boater' date='Jun 22 2007, 10:19 PM' post='7407']
we are planning a trip up to niagara falls later this summer and want to get some suggestions for campgrounds along south central new york-corning, bath that area . also interested in what kind of road U.S, 15 is through pennsylvania- hilly, easy trip or what.

If your coming from Maryland, its 4 lanes most of the way across the state, when you get to Harrisburg take 581 over to 81 and you will miss Harrisburg and pick up 522 and take the east side of the river up till it brings you back over to 15, that is all 4 lane, your good all way to Slinsgrove on a 4 lane then you hit red lights for a ways, its on and off 4 are 3 lanes to Williamsport with it being 4 lane going north out of there,I would say 80 percent of the trip across the stae is 4 lane, I live 10 west of 15, you will have good towing till you cross 1nterstate 80 going north, after that your going to hit some good hills, BUT pretty country, Good luck.
boater
thanks for the info . I had already picked out hickory hill for a stopping point. Im going to look at the road situation again and maybe atay on 81 north.
thanks again
boater
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.