Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Party Campgrounds? Are There Any Out There
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > RV Park Discussions
Walt Newman
Hey everyone,

I am looking to head out with several friends and have an adventurous weekend... drinking may be involved. I was hoping to find a place that this is the norm. I know that most people camping are out for a family retreat and don't want to pick a campground that just wouldn't want us. I understand the need to quiet too, as often that is why i go camping- but this trip would be different.

We are not rowdy, really, just want to stay up past 11 and perhaps play some acoustic guitar.
Any suggestions as to places you have been to that aren't too strict????
Ovalejeff
Yes...college football season. Campgrounds close to the campus.
abbygolden
QUOTE(Walt Newman @ Apr 29 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Hey everyone,

I am looking to head out with several friends and have an adventurous weekend... drinking may be involved. I was hoping to find a place that this is the norm. I know that most people camping are out for a family retreat and don't want to pick a campground that just wouldn't want us. I understand the need to quiet too, as often that is why i go camping- but this trip would be different.

We are not rowdy, really, just want to stay up past 11 and perhaps play some acoustic guitar.
Any suggestions as to places you have been to that aren't too strict????

If you find one, please let me know so I can avoid you like the plague! smile.gif
DXSMac
I doubt you are anywhere near Naches, WA, but I once went to a park called Bumping Lake Marina. When I checked in, the owner asked me if I wanted "Partying or Peace and Quiet?" Apparently, the campground (which was quite rustic, you could only use electricity between 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM) was set up so that it could be "split" between the "partiers" and the "quiet" people. My section was quiet, and I walked over to the "party" section, and was glad I wasn't there!

JJ
Lindsay Richards
I would state your intentions right up front with the campground owner and let them decide if they want you and where to put you. In a normal setting, you are going to be causing a lot of trouble for the family type visitors. Music carries a long way at night in a campground.
FosterImposters
Know you noted a preference for the Northeast...but had to laugh when I read this. If you are ever in southern California, try Lake Skinner's county park just outside Temecula. Nobody seems to care HOW rowdy the crowd gets. Warning: the bathrooms are beyond rustic. ph34r.gif

The road in/out is locked around 10pm...so bring all the liquor and firewood you need for the night as you're trapped til 6am the next morning.

FYI: you will not be the only noisy campers. Be prepared for others to wander uninvited to your site. Party down dudes!
rolleyes.gif
Walt Newman
I think it is important to realize that people go camping for different reasons.

I love family friendly parks when I am with my family. I appreciate the quiet and solitude, bt also love the atmosphere of more liberal campgrounds that people do feel the freedom to join in on another's party. I remmeber my first camping trips as a youngster with my parents adn my favorite part was staying up late and meeting as many new people as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions on talking to park owners before the trip, most have suggested coming on a busy weekend and going to bed when everyone else went to bed... that we'll be the last to be asked to be quieted.

Campgrounds near colege campuses was a good suggestion. I found one near Penn State for that weekend adventure.

NicInNC
I don't know about the NE, but here in NC, there is one called Lake Myers. People are partying all night long sometimes.

blink.gif

I used to be a party girl, but those days are so long gone. LOL

Oh, and we have some friends that go to Thousand Trails and they do quite a bit of partying, drinking, dancing, etc.
jhswillis
Walt - go to a NASCAR race. Lots of camping and partying there. There are races in Pocono PA in 10 days, Dover, DE this weekend, New Hampshire, Watkins Glen, NY.

We camp all over NY, PA and NJ area. Most people, even at family campgrounds, want to have fun and have a few drinks. Just can't get too rowdy or loud. Most campers are drinking and having a good time. Just keep the noise down - especially after 11PM.
Tom
Salem Farms in Salem, CT and Riverdale Campground in Clinton, CT. Not sure quite whether to classify them as "party" campgrounds, but people seem to "let their hair down" a bit at those campgrounds.

dog bone
walt, kittatiny canoes. it is on rt 97 in barryville, ny on the delaware river. i have been there a few times. i ran a few canoe trips down the river. they do not have a quite time. i'm sure the people won't mind guitar playing. it is set up for a fun weekend of canoeing and camping. they have security so the parties can't get out of hand.
matamoris is the closest big town off of rt 84.
Lee and Fran
Back home here people go way out in the woods where they would bother nobody for those types of parties of which in my younger days we did a few ourselves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.