I have 20 amp service out to my shed and garage. When i plugged my son's trailer into the outside outlet on the side of the garage, that we have used before, the breaker popped. There was nothing on in the trailer or the sheds. We tried a different outlet and it still popped the breaker. We changed the 30 amp breaker in the trailer thinking it might have went bad. Popped again.
We put back the original breaker back in the trailer. I disconnected the wires at the sheds and just put a plug on them. Plugged the trailer into that wire and all was well. Basically i just made an extension cord by disconnecting the sheds.
Prior to all this he did plug into an outlet in the back of the shed and it didn't blow the fuse. He was using an extension cord with out a ground prong on it. He said that when he touched the trailer he got a shock, like tingling shock. Not a knock down one.
I have no problem with running anything in either sheds. Table saw, radial arm saw what ever.
We took his trailer to Pa to see Thomas the Train and plugged into the campgrounds power and had no problem.
I'm thinking there must be some kind of a ground problem because of the tingling, but why doesn't it effect anything else in the sheds. As you can probable tell I am not an electrician, but all I did was go with white to white, black to black and green is ground.
This is not new wiring. It has been out there for at least 5 or 6 years now. We have plugged both of our trailers in before, not at one time, and never had this happen. I am going to get an electrician over and check it out. I was just curious to see what you people can come up with.