Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Furnace Run Time
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
pianotuna
Hi all,

I'm boondocking with a 15 amp connection at the moment. I'm running a 860 watt fan based heater (2951 btu's) so as to not blow the breaker.

Temperature outside is -5 C (23 F). Wind is 18 kph (12 mph), and windchill (yes I know it is just for people) is -8 c (18F)

The RV is a Kustom Koach 28'5" "made in Canada" unit that has a winter package (dual pane windows) but an unheated basement (so far as I can tell).

Run time so far with a 35,000 btu propane furnace is about 10 minutes per hour.

The inside of the RV is "bouncing" between 18.8 and 20.1 C
FosterImposters
Good grief PianoT...!!! I know there must be a question in there someplace.
All I can say is: Yikes! You must have a very lucrative contract to stay in that weather!

Where ARE you? We must ALL send antifreeze quickly.

What do you prefer? Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Scotch...

blink.gif
DXSMac
Yikes! Are you getting any sun to work your solar panels?

JJ
John Blue
I like the antifreeze part them move the rig to FL.
pianotuna
Hi all,

There was no question--just thought I'd share the information. It appears my RV looses about 6000 btu's per hour under those conditions. If I run a second 15 amp circuit I might use no propane at all! (cool eh? or rather warm?).

My brother teases me all the time about "antique" propane. I hate buying it. *grin*.

It is actually a mini holiday. An AA convention for my wife--so I'll have to decline the Anti-Freeze offers.

The solar panels were kicking out between 5 and 9 amps yesterday. Today the batteries are float charging.

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Mar 19 2010, 10:09 PM) *

Yikes! Are you getting any sun to work your solar panels?

JJ

tworootless
QUOTE(pianotuna @ Mar 20 2010, 07:03 PM) *

Hi all,

There was no question--just thought I'd share the information. It appears my RV looses about 6000 btu's per hour under those conditions. If I run a second 15 amp circuit I might use no propane at all! (cool eh? or rather warm?).

My brother teases me all the time about "antique" propane. I hate buying it. *grin*.

It is actually a mini holiday. An AA convention for my wife--so I'll have to decline the Anti-Freeze offers.

The solar panels were kicking out between 5 and 9 amps yesterday. Today the batteries are float charging.

64-68 degrees sounds warm to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.