Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fulltimer Insurance
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
jim crowl
Since I'm now full-timing, I decided to switch my travel trailer insurance to full timer coverage. I almost had "Good Sam" insurance, but when you get to the final screen it asks you to declare that your RV does not have any bathrooms or cooking equipment in it. I've never seen one that hasn't with the exception of tent trailers. I called the representative and told her I couldn't agree to that because 1) it wouldn't be honest and 2) it would give them the right to deny any claims. So she tried to process the application over the phone. I ended up going with another company, as she informed me at the end that Good Sam now requires full-timers to have their auto insurance through GMAC, or they will not write a new RV policy. Just some weird things to be aware of if you decide to get Good Sam full timer coverage....unless you don't need a kitchen or bathroom!
nedmtnman
QUOTE(jim crowl @ Dec 30 2010, 10:37 PM) *

Since I'm now full-timing, I decided to switch my travel trailer insurance to full timer coverage. I almost had "Good Sam" insurance, but when you get to the final screen it asks you to declare that your RV does not have any bathrooms or cooking equipment in it. I've never seen one that hasn't with the exception of tent trailers. I called the representative and told her I couldn't agree to that because 1) it wouldn't be honest and 2) it would give them the right to deny any claims. So she tried to process the application over the phone. I ended up going with another company, as she informed me at the end that Good Sam now requires full-timers to have their auto insurance through GMAC, or they will not write a new RV policy. Just some weird things to be aware of if you decide to get Good Sam full timer coverage....unless you don't need a kitchen or bathroom!

That's weird. Of course it is Good $am.
DXSMac
Now THAT is really weird! Some people swear by Good Sam. I'm about to change from "part timer" to "Full-timer" and I will stick with the company I have, the one that starts with a P.

JJ
jsunset
Interesting, we had the same problem with GMAC. We tried several insurance companies and ended up with Geico. They are very professional and treated us with the upmost respect. We have not had any claims but their service is outstanding. Our RV is our only home so we checked with several before we swiched.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.