QUOTE(pianotuna @ Aug 16 2011, 04:23 PM)
Do you use a surge suppressor?
Yes I do, I have a 30 AMPS trailer and I was suggested to use it all the time even when you stay at a very reputable camp.
The camp may have the top of the line electrical network but the same line is accessed by multiple users there and if someone is freaking around with his panel and he/she doesnít know what they are doing, you may be involved in a short circuit with result in a jump with power and that may burn your refrigerator or ??? any appliance attached to that circuit.
I was in a different camp than I am now and the electrical wiring I was told that it was very, very poor, one day we had a black out and even my surge protector burned.
I was told that if I didnít have it I would have burned my wiring.
I am not an electrician, I just report what I have been told and what did happened to me.