About once a year when it's 100 degrees, and not using a lot of water we end up with an odor in the tank water. We clean it out with a tank of bleach added water, and it is normal for another year or so. I'm wondering if we should just add a bit of bleach to the system when it gets really hot. We don't drink the tank water, but do use it for dishes, showers etc. A pool supply said the bleach would be safer, as what they use for pools etc. is too strongly concentrated. There is also a product in the RV store, but not sure about the chemicals in it, so haven't tried it.
Has anyone else had this problem, and found a permanent solution?