Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are Your Pet Peeves Rv'ing?
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3
imagardener
Maybe it's the heat this summer but we have been getting grumpy lately in our 5th week on the road with 3 more to go.

Here are a couple of mine:

1. Rude neighbors. Just left a really nice RV park in Springdale UT with people next to us who not only used their picnic table but appropriated ours, which we do use, just not constantly. The clincher was coming back after dark and they had moved our table across the center of our site so we had to get out, drag it to the rear before we could hook-up. Grrrr. I wanted to leave them a note (in their language-French) but my husband talked me out of it. I did tell the park manager and she replied in one word "Europeans."

2. Smoky campfires. I guess it's un-American to say it but I hate them. In good weather we have to close our windows or inhale smoke which makes my head hurt, my eyes water and then cough. I have actually enjoyed "Fire Alerts" in national parks to prevent people from making camp fires. I like breathing fresh unpolluted air outdoors.

3. Tailgaters on national park roads (both cars and other RV's). My next rear window sticker will say "The closer you tailgate the slower I'll drive". Do they think our RV stops on a dime? I pull over as often as possible to let them pass but there is always someone new. I am not a slow driver BTW just not a speeder.

So what gets to you? (Don't give me a hard time about #2 peeve, I had asthma and still have allergies. Breathing is important to me).

DXSMac
People AND ESPECIALLY CHILDREN walking through MY campsite. Yes, I PAID FOR IT SO IT'S MINE FOR THE NIGHT!

Parking lot campgrounds. Ones where your neighbor's picnic table is "in your back yard" so to speak. That is TOO CLOSE!

FosterImposters
Rude folks captures it for us as well.
Am usually out in the great outdoors to get a break from these people: in the office, on the roadways, in the store, in the stands behind me at a grandchild's game... dry.gif

Oblivious, it's all about them.

So my favorites.
Demanding something ridiculous of the check-in clerk, as I stand in line behind them.
Letting their dog defecate on my little patch of dirt, sand, grass.
And (yep) building a pallet fire when we are packed in like sardines.
BC Wanderer
1> People that don't pick up after their pets. I am an dog owner. I pick up after mine but I don't like having to pick up after yours (but I do anyway).

2> Rude and or or nosy neighbors.

3> Parks that allow campfires where there is not adequate room and or poor placement of the pit. I don't mind a fire but not when it's only a few feet from my coach.

4> RV Parks that are engineered so that you face your neighbour. I like a little privacy.

5> Low hanging limbs and branches that scratch my coach. If you allow big rigs make sure you can fit us.

I seem to see a lot of common sentiments.
MaineDon
Pet peeves include:

1. Noisy, out-of-control, kids (and sometimes their parents).

2. People barging through our campsite on their way to the restroom (or wherever).

3. Smoke....either from camp fires or cigarettes.

4. WiFi that is advertised but barely exists.

5. One shower to serve 100+ sites.

6. Bunched-together site assignments when a park is half full (or less).

7. Pets allowed to run off-leash.

8. Sites so narrow that you can barely get your slide out.
Luvtheroad
Being lied to by rv park personnel. That's my #1 right now. Here's my present scenario: we're staying in a $55-per-night campground so I expect things to work. When we check in, I ask "can we get wi-fi at our site?" Answer, of course, is yes. Get to site, get set-up, a few hours later try to log in....no wi-fi. Call down to the office and a told, oh, well, you can't get it up there, you'll have to come down to the office. Walk down to the office....no wi-fi. I ask why. Answer: well, it goes down and the managers don't know how to get it back up. Can I speak to a manager? No, they're off duty and I can't bother them. At that point, another camper tells me there hasn't been wi-fi for days. I complain but just get the same answer. Next three days, no wi-fi. I complain every day....same answer: managers don't know how to get it going again. Of course, no managers to be found. I point out that their brochure and website say: free wi-fi available in most of the park. Since it's not available, can I get a reduction in my rate (silly question, I know, but it's worth a try). Answer: no, it's free, so we're not charging you for it. Huh? I point out that $55 a day should cover "free" wi-fi. Get nowhere. Today, we come back down to the office to lodge our daily complaint (in the meantime, have been going to Micky D's down the road to check emails). Lo and behold, there is a manager present who says she'll try to reset the wi-fi. She does and tells us that at best, it's only good for 300 feet from the office. I show her the line in the brochure where it says "wi-fi available in most of the park". Her answer: well, you can come down here and use it anytime you want. When? It hardly ever works! Shrug from the manager and I'm told if I don't like it I can leave anytime I want. No refund, though. Boy, somebody's gonna get a bad review in a few days.....
Fitzjohnfan
A lot of the items listed above can bother me, but I can usually tolerate them to a certain extent. My biggest pet prevent is music. Generally when I camp, and I'm outside my coach enjoying a campfire, or just sitting under the awning, I really don't want to hear my neighbors music, even if its off in the distance. I would rather hear the natural music of kids laughing, people setting up their campsites, etc.

Even if my neighbor is playing all my favorite songs, I don't think that's the right setting to hear them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh, and I don't like KOA charging for additional people over two.
DXSMac
QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Aug 8 2012, 11:30 AM) *

Oh, and I don't like KOA charging for additional people over two.

I refuse to patronize KOA's, and one time I was desperate, and all I saw was a KOA, but I just kept on driving.

I stayed at a KOA once and I got JUNK MAILED! When I stay at your park, my giving you my address information does NOT constitute any permission for you to put me on a junk mail list.
mdcamping
Advertising a heated pool...finding that it's just over 65 degrees! dry.gif lost count on how many times we've come across this....

Interesting on my last trip I could have done a better job with my fire pit... when I started a fire (dry wood), was very windy, though the fire pit was WELL on my site, I could have moved it about 5ft farther away from his class A that was well over is campsite pad. The wind carried the smoke over his trailer, very soon afterwords I here the A/C start up...felt bad...just finished with the wood that was in the pit. The next morning I see him come out smoking coffin nails... huh.gif

Mike
Tallboy
Number One. The worst Pet Peeve!!! Barking dog(s) Screaming kids no problem. But dog(s) barking I hate the most.

Number Two. Why do people have to listen to a radio or TV outside? And why is it always so loud I can hear it inside my trailer with the windows closed? I have no interest in listening to your music or TV. I have my own.

This one has to do with driving the car. It doesn't bother me when driving the truck or when pulling the trailer.

Number Three. Other drivers pulling up 3 feet or less from the bumper of our car at a stop light. I give the driver ahead of me plenty of room. You can get another car between me and the car in front of me at times. So I try to pull forward a couple feet just to have the driver behind me pull up too. Sometimes even closer. huh.gif

FosterImposters
QUOTE(JDOLLEN @ Aug 8 2012, 07:39 AM) *

... I am an dog owner. I pick up after mine but I don't like having to pick up after yours (but I do anyway)...

Thanks JDollen. wink.gif
Traveled with a beloved rescue rottie, a decade ago. Lost count of the piles of dog waste I picked up in our RV life travels, that was NOT hers. She would always give me a look when I picked up some other owner's mess. Always wondered what she was thinking. (Humans are strange.)
laugh.gif
HappiestCamper
QUOTE(Nolan @ Aug 8 2012, 07:27 PM) *
I have no interest in listening to your music or TV. I have my own.

Agreed. I will play music sometimes using the outdoor speakers, but the first thing I do is walk all around to see how far my music is travelling. Usually the awning, vegetation, and the sound of the river make it impossible for others to hear mine. Last weekend the Mexicans on my rights put a boom box on their picnic table facing my site, and the young guy to the left left his car door open so he could hear his stereo - but since it was a pull through site, the speaker in the door was facing us. Fortunately the ranger came around and asked them both to turn down their music.

This one has to do with driving the car. It doesn't bother me when driving the truck or when pulling the trailer.

Now my biggest peeves come while towing. I'm tired of cars that try to enter the Interstate while going 45 in the merge lane - that lane is there for you to get up to speed. Or the ones that get right next to you and expect you to slow down to let them in, though they still have 500' of that lane to accelerate. It takes me a lot longer (and use more fuel) to get back up to speed than it would for them. Now if I'm coming to a busy exchange, and there is room in the left lane, I will pull over - but then those entering will not let me back to right lane, they accelerate and pass me on the right - and by then everybody in the left lane has caught up to me and start passing me on the right, mad that I'm in the left lane.

And don't even get ms started on those cars at the rest areas that park in the Truck/RV section.
GandJ
For the most part I have just one pet peeve: NOISE!

I love dogs, just not the owners who let them bark incessantly. Dog Owner Deafness we call it.
(Maybe it has a related condition called Dog Owner Poop Blindness for those who fail to clean up after their dogs).

We like kids, too - but not their parents who let them scream from dawn til midnight and say it's okay because they're outdoors. "Outdoors" in this case is about 10' from my bedroom window.

Music? Yup, I'm a fan. But please don't force me to listen to yours.

Windchimes. They're always out of tune and sound like trash can lids being banged together. If you just can't live without your chimes, hang them inside your rig. Yeah, that makes about as much sense as hanging them outside.

Friendly neighbors? Wonderful and most welcome. Just don't scream back and forth between campsites to hold a conversation, please. Not everyone in the surrounding 25 sites needs to know that you woke up with a crick in your neck or that you're on your way up to the loo.

Also,

I don't really understand people who ring their sites or rigs with lights on the ground. Nor the guy who set up a huge stand-up Halogen light similar to those found on highway construction sites. Although those things seem kind of over the top and unnecessary to me when camping in the woods, at least I can sleep through them so it's not really a pet peeve.
B. Kidd
I don't have any pet peeves.
I deal justly with rude campers on a case-by-case basis, then forget about it.

jnk2001
My pet peeve?

people with a long list of pet peeves. biggrin.gif
WVA3185
The worst are the folks at the beach that carry a little shovel with them and then when Fido craps they dig a little hole and toss it in and throw a little sand over it. A landmine just waiting for the first victim. Please just leave it on top of the sand if you are too trifling to clean up after Fido. At least I can see it and not discover it when I begin to wonder where that pooh smell is coming from.
Florida Native
I don't like people who have never over nighted at Wal-Mart bashing those of us who do. They keep saying we are cheap and just don't get how we do it for the convince. They are along the X-pressway and easy in and easy out. Frequently we don't even uncouple the toad. We can walk to dinner, shop and frequently get free WiFi from other places in the area.
WVA3185
QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 13 2012, 08:31 AM) *

I don't like people who have never over nighted at Wal-Mart bashing those of us who do. They keep saying we are cheap and just don't get how we do it for the convince. They are along the X-pressway and easy in and easy out. Frequently we don't even uncouple the toad. We can walk to dinner, shop and frequently get free WiFi from other places in the area.

I have never stayed at a WalMart but did at a Flying J one time. IMO there is nothing wrong with this type of overnight sccomdation if it suits you. I did it because I was dog tired and there was no campground near that late at night. I would do the same if it was allowed at a WalMart under the same circumstances as before.
vincee
Three peeves, 1 Barking dogs, 2 Large family groups at several adjoining campsites 3 People driving on cruise control in the left lane oblivious to all traffic around them.

As far as some of the other peeves like music, wind chimes, campfires etc., gee, unless it is really burdensome, let those folks enjoy their time away by what they like to do too.

Finally, I think we all know there are Wal-Mart campers who think they are at a KOA (I do not support them either) and those who use Wal-Mart's at just a place to pull in at night, grab some sleep and be on with their journey the next day. Don't think anyone minds them and how they use WM.
Traveling man
My pet peeves are related to people, rather than facilities:

1. Neighbors who do not know the term "bedtime", and are outside laughing and talking at the top of their lungs at 1am, 2am etc. just like it were the middle of the day. When this has happened I usually just shut the windows and turn on the air conditioning to drown them out and get some sleep.

2. Pet owners who make no effort to quiet barking dogs, or clean up after them. The park I am at this week has an interesting policy: they charge campers a $25 fee if they are caught NOT cleaning up after their pet, and give campers a $25 payment if they turn someone in NOT cleaning up after their pet. It must be working, as I have not seen any pet waste.

3. Smokers who feel the earth is their ashtray. I stayed at one park that was fairly new, overall kept clean, but had over 200 cigarette butts in my site alone (no I didn't count them, but that's accurate). I'm not a smoker, but assume it must have been someone who stayed more than one night.

DeckmanF
Bugs! They have been terrible this summer. We have been on the road for 2 months and I'm sick of them. We had biting flies in Newfoundland, mosquitos in Florida, ants in Alabama, no see ums, big black beetles....I'm sick and tired of all of them.

Every night I'm killing them. Ugh!

How do the rest of you cope?

Cheers, Dee
Florida Native
I agreed with most of the peeves, but will add one that seems to be disappearing. Pay showers.
NorthernIllinoisPlumber
QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 24 2012, 09:35 PM) *

I agreed with most of the peeves, but will add one that seems to be disappearing. Pay showers.

Because of pay showers, they wash their feet, and bodies in the hand sinks!
Florida Native
People driving for miles with their left blinker on from yesterday.
Luvtheroad
QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 24 2012, 08:35 PM) *

Apparently they've all moved to the east coast states. Lots of RV parks here, even the expensive ones, have pay showers. Ticks me off.
TrailerParkBoys
QUOTE(imagardener @ Aug 8 2012, 12:05 AM) *

Maybe it's the heat this summer but we have been getting grumpy lately in our 5th week on the road with 3 more to go.

Here are a couple of mine:

1. Rude neighbors. Just left a really nice RV park in Springdale UT with people next to us who not only used their picnic table but appropriated ours, which we do use, just not constantly. The clincher was coming back after dark and they had moved our table across the center of our site so we had to get out, drag it to the rear before we could hook-up. Grrrr. I wanted to leave them a note (in their language-French) but my husband talked me out of it. I did tell the park manager and she replied in one word "Europeans."

2. Smoky campfires. I guess it's un-American to say it but I hate them. In good weather we have to close our windows or inhale smoke which makes my head hurt, my eyes water and then cough. I have actually enjoyed "Fire Alerts" in national parks to prevent people from making camp fires. I like breathing fresh unpolluted air outdoors.

3. Tailgaters on national park roads (both cars and other RV's). My next rear window sticker will say "The closer you tailgate the slower I'll drive". Do they think our RV stops on a dime? I pull over as often as possible to let them pass but there is always someone new. I am not a slow driver BTW just not a speeder.

So what gets to you? (Don't give me a hard time about #2 peeve, I had asthma and still have allergies. Breathing is important to me).

People who cannot control their animals... Especially when their dogs bark all night long at noises!! God that drives me insane.
Wydglide

Words to live by. People need to live and let live I say.
RaineeeDaze
QUOTE(Nolan @ Aug 8 2012, 06:27 PM) *

Number One. The worst Pet Peeve!!! Barking dog(s) Screaming kids no problem. But dog(s) barking I hate the most.

Number Two. Why do people have to listen to a radio or TV outside? And why is it always so loud I can hear it inside my trailer with the windows closed? I have no interest in listening to your music or TV. I have my own.

Number Three. Other drivers pulling up 3 feet or less from the bumper of our car at a stop light. I give the driver ahead of me plenty of room. You can get another car between me and the car in front of me at times. So I try to pull forward a couple feet just to have the driver behind me pull up too. Sometimes even closer. huh.gif

Big rigs with those outdoor entertainment centers and TVs should be required to stay at least a half mile from any other camper. Keep the TV inside where it doesn't bother those around you!!!
Gayle E.
Getting fuel at a busy station and going inside to pay without moving their vehicle. Had that happen today. Look around, pay attention, and get a clue!
rkw99
QUOTE(Gayle E. @ Aug 29 2012, 08:52 PM) *

Getting fuel at a busy station and going inside to pay without moving their vehicle. Had that happen today. Look around, pay attention, and get a clue!

I would never think to move my vehicle before paying. To me that would be like walking out of a store without paying for merchandise. Wouldn't you run the risk of being accused of theft. I actually have not seen a station that lets you pump without paying first in years. Of course, here in NJ, we don't pump our own gas. I've traveled up and down the east coast and you have to pay first around here.....
Florida Native
In our area, many stations do a discount of about 4 cents or so for cash. If you want the discount, you have to go in first and give them say $75 and they set the pump to stop at that.
joez
I would never think to move my vehicle before paying. To me that would be like walking out of a store without paying for merchandise. Wouldn't you run the risk of being accused of theft.

It is normally considered extremely bad behavior when using truck diesel fuel lanes to not pull forward after fueling to allow the vehicle behind you access while you finish your transaction. Even at RV pumps like at Flying J rvs could pull forward instead of leaving their vehicle sit while they are inside buying candy bars and sodas.
dalsgal
QUOTE(joez @ Sep 4 2012, 07:24 PM) *

It is normally considered extremely bad behavior when using truck diesel fuel lanes to not pull forward after fueling to allow the vehicle behind you access while you finish your transaction. Even at RV pumps like at Flying J rvs could pull forward instead of leaving their vehicle sit while they are inside buying candy bars and sodas.

At truck stops it is not only bad behavior but the management expects you to move forward. It takes time to do some of those transactions and the line for fuel could really back up if you didn't pull up so the next truck could get started.

rkw, you don't go park, you just pull forward far enough so that the RV/truck behind you can get started with their fill up.
vincee
Of my three peeves I listed, I must confess to having a fourth, campgrounds that charge to dump your tanks. Add it to the cost of camping and spread it out to all of the CG's campers and the increase would only be a buck or so more.
TranQuilguy
QUOTE(vincee @ Sep 5 2012, 03:50 PM) *

Of my three peeves I listed, I must confess to having a fourth, campgrounds that charge to dump your tanks. Add it to the cost of camping and spread it out to all of the CG's campers and the increase would only be a buck or so more.

ohmy.gif Help me understand please ,you are saying the camp ground charges more to dump ?Or are you saying driving up to a RV park and asking to dump your tanks should be free?

I agree with the first 3 mad.gif
GandJ
QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Sep 4 2012, 12:13 PM) *

In our area, many stations do a discount of about 4 cents or so for cash. If you want the discount, you have to go in first and give them say $75 and they set the pump to stop at that.

Yes, we always pull ahead before going inside, if there is space to safely do so. But....

A friend did a cash pre-pay and didn't reach the amount the fuel station required him to leave at the desk - $75. After filling, he pulled ahead so the next person could start their transaction.

The fuel attendant told him that because the pump had been re-set by the person
he pulled ahead for, he wasn't due change as he couldn't prove he didn't put the
entire $75 in the tank.

It was only a few dollars, but still..... an expensive cash discount.

When a person goes inside without pulling forward, you really don't know if they've gone in to buy sodas, get their change or get help because the pump malfunctioned and they need a receipt in order to get reimbursed by their company.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(GandJ @ Sep 6 2012, 02:54 PM) *

The fuel attendant told him that because the pump had been re-set by the person
he pulled ahead for, he wasn't due change as he couldn't prove he didn't put the
entire $75 in the tank.

Maybe not all gas stations are set up the same way, but there have been several times when the attendant has called up our amount even it if was 2-3 transactions back. I would bet the attendant didnít know how to do it, or he/she was being dishonest.
MaineDon
Although I posted earlier on this thread, can I add another pet peeve? Hope so. Those horrible, RV- user unfriendly, gas stations, with pumps positioned to the building/parking spaces so that your need a "wing-and-a-prayer" to get out under the best of circumstances, or you need to wait, wait, wait wait, wait....for the cars who are blocking your exit to leave, allowing you to finally do the same. Who designs some of these places? Yes, we can back up....but only when others are not lined up behind waiting to fill up. Bad experiences for us here on the the Trans Canada (northern route), central/southern NM, and coming off very remote Cape Breton Island. In each case, we were Thankful to just find a place to fill up; but not in love with the gas station layout for handling anything but an individual car.
FosterImposters
QUOTE(MaineDon @ Sep 6 2012, 03:13 PM) *

Although I posted earlier on this thread, can I add another pet peeve? Hope so. Those horrible, RV- user unfriendly, gas stations...

A big AMEN to that one!
cool.gif
KentuckyCampin
Wow, lots of pet peeves, and I share the majority of them too!!!! LOL
My top 3 though:
1. Barking dogs
2. People who pitch a tent on your campsite - We have had this happen a few times now. mostly with campers who have 3 or 4 tents on their site and dont have enough room. I have had to ask 2 of them to move off site. Camp etiquette is not understood by all, and if you dont have enough room, then go purchase another site. Dont just figure it is ok to put your tent on my site! Unless of course you will reimburse me for half of the price!
3. People speeding through campgrounds.
GandJ
QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Sep 6 2012, 03:50 PM) *

... I would bet the attendant didnít know how to do it, or he/she was being dishonest.

We were thinking the attendant was giving himself a nice pay raise and wondered if he did this only to people with Canadian license plates, like our friend. Sad, if true.
mdcamping
QUOTE(MaineDon @ Sep 6 2012, 03:13 PM) *

Although I posted earlier on this thread, can I add another pet peeve? Hope so. Those horrible, RV- user unfriendly, gas stations...

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Sep 6 2012, 06:38 PM) *

A big AMEN to that one!
cool.gif

X3
Mike
Tom
Threads like this are fun to read. Besides all the peeves already listed: We hate arriving to find garbage in the fire pit. Seems some people just assume that the next campers will enjoy burning their garbage. Well, we DON'T!

Cigarette butts --- I know it has already been mentioned. I used to smoke a lot, and I always, ALWAYS threw away my butts in the appropriate container. Why do smokers think nothing of flicking their butts on the ground?

Dumping grey water on the site. Few things are so wonderful as pulling up to a campsite and when walking around it to figure out where to pull in, stepping in a nice, soapy mushy spot - where obviously the previous campers drained their grey water tank. Wonderful.

Dogs left alone in campers. What makes people think their dog enjoys being locked in a camper for hours during the day? And YES, your dog barks when you are gone!! I don't understand people who treat their pets like that. When we camped with our dog, we planned either to stay at the camper with her or bring her along on our day trips.
Andrea Silkman
QUOTE(vincee @ Aug 14 2012, 03:06 PM) *

Three peeves, 1 Barking dogs, 2 Large family groups at several adjoining campsites 3 People driving on cruise control in the left lane oblivious to all traffic around them.

Large family groups as a pet peeve? Friends and family enjoying the great outdoors together should be encouraged in my eyes, I don't think people do it enough..... and yes, I do it often. We have had some of our best vacations camping as a group (as a child and now as an adult). Family values that were passed on to me from my parents, and I'm now passing them down to my children.

They paid for their sites, does it really matter if they know each other or not?
Florida Native
My biggest pet peeve is my wife nagging me about every six months to wash the RV. Don't worry, I'll get to it eventually.
joez
What Are Your Pet Peeves Rv'ing?

Pulling into a favorite campground only to find it is nearly full of permanent residents and now looks and feels like a low rent trailer park.

Smoky campfires when summer nights are 85 degrees and the smoke lingers in an inversion layer eight feet off the ground.

Being awakened late at night by arrivals with bright lights, loud engines, slamming doors, and people yelling at each other while they attempt to set up in the dark, and the corollary

Early on the road people who have to warm up their diesels, turn on bright lights, slam doors and yell at one another at 6 am while they prepare to leave.

Loud ATVs, dirt bikes, and personal watercraft in campgrounds and on adjacent lakes

mdcamping
QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Sep 12 2012, 12:42 PM) *

My biggest pet peeve is my wife nagging me about every six months to wash the RV. Don't worry, I'll get to it eventually.

Interesting, My wife's biggest pet peeve is that I pay too much attention to the RV and not enough to my chores that need to be done around the house! biggrin.gif

Mike
jan-n-john
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned I think. My current pet peeve is that so many parks install cheap, small, faucets for the water supply, and point them in the most inconvenient possible direction, so that you are guaranteed to scratch and bloody your knuckles trying to attach your water hose and then turn on the water. It might have cost an additional $2 to do it right in the first place, but nooooo.

Crappy WiFi of course is up there. I recently got a hotspot on my iPhone so hopefully that one will recede in importance for me.
edcornflake
QUOTE(joez @ Sep 12 2012, 02:24 PM) *

Pulling into a favorite campground only to find it is nearly full of permanent residents and now looks and feels like a low rent trailer park.

I don't fault the seasonal folks, but it would be nice to know ahead of time what the % of seasonal to transient is. I like when folks mention that in their reviews. I prefer not to hit CGs that are more than 50% seasonal, I end up feeling like an interloper.

The Gas Station item mentioned earlier is another one - on a trip from NJ to FL this year we hit a few that were petty hair raising to get in/out of. 3 point turns witha 38 foot 5er in a driving rain are not fun. Also, gas stations that have Diesel, but then have green pump handles for regular gas as well... makes it a whole lot tougher for me to hit the right lane - make the diesel pump a little more obvious, please!

Charging for the kids is my #3. I'll pay it if it's a nice place, but I'm not happy about it.
nedmtnman
We just left a park that the sewer hook ups were hose connection high so the hose layed on the ground with a big drop in both ends. Also advertising wifi the doesn't work.

Also driver sloooowly pulling onto the interstate and then realizing Oh yeah we need to speed up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.