Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spreadsheet For Solar System Sizing
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
pianotuna
Hi,

Here is a link to the rather special spreadsheet that N8GS has created to help size solar systems!

http://www.quartzfest.org/php/main.php?RV_...systems_by_N8GS
Texasrvers
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You needed to mention that this is referring to batteries. When I read your post, as a totally non-technical person, I thought you were actually referring to THE solar system (outer space and all). You really have to spell out things for some of us. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Denali
QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Feb 20 2013, 02:04 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You needed to mention that this is referring to batteries. When I read your post, as a totally non-technical person, I thought you were actually referring to THE solar system (outer space and all). You really have to spell out things for some of us. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I often have the same initial response when I get spam with a subject line like "Build Your Own Solar System Cheap!"

My first thought: won't God object to the competition?
pianotuna
Hi Tx,

Well plug in the data about the solar system and--this will tell you how many batteries you need to run it. Radiant out put of the sun is approximately 3.846 10^26 watts.

That is

384,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 watts.

*grin*
Texasrvers
OMG, you have way too much time on your hands. blink.gif biggrin.gif
GandJ
I shoulda known that being a post from PianoTuna that it would relate to batteries. Like, TexasRVers, I thought it was relating to our galaxy. smile.gif
Jerry S.
GandJ,

Not to be too picky, but there is a BIG difference between our solar system and our galaxy (the Milky Way, I believe).
GandJ
rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.