Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Change Of Tire Size
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
pianotuna
Hi all,

If I go to LT235/85R16 from LT225/75R16 what differences might I expect in handling?

The new tires will be installed on a 28'5" Class C on E-450 chassis with V-10. It weighs in at 14,000 lbs fully loaded with two people.
Glenn Norton
QUOTE(pianotuna @ May 26 2013, 02:21 PM) *

Hi all,

If I go to LT235/85R16 from LT225/75R16 what differences might I expect in handling?

The new tires will be installed on a 28'5" Class C on E-450 chassis with V-10. It weighs in at 14,000 lbs fully loaded with two people.

Don

What load range are the proposed tires. Are they the same as the old ones?
pianotuna
Hi Glenn,

They are a higher load range by about 300 lb per tire.
weighit
Make sure the clearance between the rear duels is not too close with a change in tire size. If there is no space, or not enough space you could have those two tires "kiss" and that causes side wall failures or blow outs.
pianotuna
Hi weighit,

Can a spacer be added if need be?

QUOTE(weighit @ May 26 2013, 09:48 PM) *

Make sure the clearance between the rear duels is not too close with a change in tire size. If there is no space, or not enough space you could have those two tires "kiss" and that causes side wall failures or blow outs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.