Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exciting changes coming!
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > RV Park Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
pianotuna
Hi all,

I'm just so wowed by this site--looked at a campground with a rating of 4--and there it was--click on the map to see exactly where the campground is! Simply a wonderful idea. Thanks so much.
FREDET
We will not plan a route without first checking here. We also check the military FamCamp review site and Army Corps of Engineers but this one is "top dog." Just hope it is always users and not park owners that post reviews. Guess that is good reason to check posts that the same person has in other areas. Indicates that probably are not owners of a park or parks.

I probably will mention the dog situation quite often. Like dogs but not the people who cannot or will not keep them from barking.

Fred Thomas, USN Ret. and 15 year motorhomer [a traveler, not a camper] with 10 years full time.
FosterImposters
Welcome Fredet ! Although we no longer travel with a dog...sure appreciate the comments. rolleyes.gif
You_mustbe_kidding
Great job bye all @ RV park reviews, keep up the good work, helps all of us learn more about where we want to go before we get there

thanks,
you mustbe kidding
Pecosjim
RV Park Review staff:

You folks have created and operate a first classs web site that has, for the last two years, been a source of great information for us, not just when we are on the road, but also at home while dreaming up our next trip.

However, my problem is that we use the site so much we have virtually nothing to add to the reviews posted, so we have posted few reviews. Should we visit a park not previuosiy reviewed we would certainly add a review but that is not a likely thing because we typically choose based on this site. I look at the site daily just to see reviews that cover our potential travel areas, see what is out there, and to find new parks we might like to visit.

Thank you for your effort and I hope you make a mint out of your effort.

Jim Mewhinney
Carlsbad, NM
John Blue
Jim,

Please add reviews on all parks you visit. People like you and tons of others make this web site a winner. The more information into it the more everyone can get out of it. Parks and places change all the time. Enjoy the RV life. tongue.gif
DXSMac
Jim, I second that. Your viewpoint may have a different perspective. Also, you may have a comment on things others have NOT commented on. So please send in reviews! Even if the reviews duplicate what others have said. Having more than one person say the same thing does add some credibility.

JJ
Wanderin
]I tried to post a review for a park we stayed at in December 2008 but the date would only allow me to put in 2009. 2008 was not an option. I'm assuming this is a fluke but is a fix in site so that we can submit our review? Thanks
sad.gif
Texasrvers
I don't know for sure, but I guess there is a cut off date for submitting reviews. However, it seems like reviews from Dec 2008 should be allowed. That is not even a month back. Maybe the webmaster was trying to update the cut off date and accidentally set it for all of 2008. Hopefully he will see this and fix it.
bichonpawz
We are new RV'ers and are looking forward to our travels! Thanks so much for all you do on this site! It has been invaluable in making our plans. Thanks again!!
Texasrvers
bichonpawz,

Welcome to the forum. There's lots of experience here, and the members will be happy to help you get started with your RVing adventures. Just remember to have fun.

TX
calif909
I think you guy by far have the best rv website on the web We would love to see some upgrades. What I would like to see the most would be an add favorites button, so when we see a park we would like to visit in the future we could put it in our favorites list!!
ovide desoto
This is new to me Great site I will do my part.
DXSMac
Well, if the park has a web site, you can put the website of the actual park on your "favorites." Or, whatever "page" of RVparkreviews the park is on, you can bookmark that particular town "page" although you will also have other parks on the same page.

JJ

QUOTE(calif909 @ Jan 24 2009, 11:58 PM) *

I think you guy by far have the best rv website on the web We would love to see some upgrades. What I would like to see the most would be an add favorites button, so when we see a park we would like to visit in the future we could put it in our favorites list!!

Butch
QUOTE(bichonpawz @ Jan 24 2009, 06:52 PM) *

We are new RV'ers and are looking forward to our travels! Thanks so much for all you do on this site! It has been invaluable in making our plans. Thanks again!!

Welcome to the forum, good to see another New Yorker, we are located on the other side of the state, north of Albany, and 30+ miles from the Vermont border. Again welcome, enjoy....
campingandtravels.blogspot.com
Sounds great! Thanks for maintaining such as great site! We do appreciate your efforts!

Suzanne & Brad
www.campingandtravels.com
pilgrim
Of how much interest can a thread be that talks about "exciting changes" coming and it was started in 2004 and today it is 2009???? And, it's on a website that indicates Ohio's governor is one that had been out of office for over two years!!

It all tends to lose a little credibility. I look for updated comments about the cgs. I hope to visit soon - but wonder how outdated some comments are - especially when no comments have been added for a year or two. I've tried keeping my comments up to date and relevant.

Hope some of these outdated comments can be corrected.
Texasrvers
Pilgrim,

I'm not sure I understand your complaint. Yes, this thread was started in 2004 when the WM announced upcoming changes. While the 2004 post may now contain outdated information, it was current at the time it was posted. Other posts that followed were also current at the time they were added. If you will notice the last few posts before yours were posted in Jan. and Feb. of 2009. That is pretty current.

Also if there are no new reviews for a particular RV park it is because no one who has stayed there more recently has written a review for it. This site does not have a group of people who go around to every park every year and update the reviews and information. It is unfortunate when the latest reviews for some parks are quite old, but they were current and relevant when they were written. And it is also unfortunate that they will stay as the most current review until someone submits a new one. People just have to look at the post's date (which is listed) and then use the information accordingly.

As for the governor of Ohio, I have no idea how often this informationn is updated or who does it, but if it is worth listing, it should be current. Listing the governor from 2004 is not appropriate in this case.
thezafts
[i]Another "attaboy" for a great website! I certainly have learned to rely on your site this past year. I would add my request for Mexican campgrounds someday. There are not that many and there is little reliable information on them. Thanks again! George smile.gif
Texasrvers
thezafts, are you asking for Mexico parks to be added? If so they already are. Just click on the Mexico map on the home page and the towns will come up just like the US map.
TonyC
This posting still appears as NEW and it is dated 2004, and today its Feb. 2009....hmm, progress is slow in some parts.
Cheryl
It appears as new because of the last post's date, not the 1st post.
BJMA
SUGGESTION!!!!

How about adding a CHECK BOX next to the "WiFi" option. Check the box if the Wifi is fee based, no check if it is free/included in the park fees.

Texasrvers
This sounds like a good idea, but I'd suggest listing it this way:

YES

$

NO

The $ would indicate "YES for an additional cost".
silverjack
QUOTE(biggoomba @ Aug 2 2005, 01:30 PM) *

Hello,

I thought I would add a little feature request. You should consider a user gallery in which users could post some pictures of the campground they review and then allow them to link to the pictures in the review.

Its the whole 'Picture is worht 1000 words' type o thing. People like different things in a CG and sometimes looking at a photo would help a lot in the description.

I would like to see pictures to get an idea how far apart the campsites are from each other.

Just a suggestion. I always take lots of pictures of the camp grounds I go to because I had always intended to write a review of all the camp sites I visit and put them on line.

I agree, please post pictures of the rv parks. Thanks!!
river lady
Would there be any way to categorize and/or differentiate parks such as actual resorts, nice destination parks, parks great for a month and short term parks? I have a problem actually rating the different parks. There are some great overnight or short term parks but would not be ideal for extended stays. So many park tack on the word "resort" and some don't even come close to being a resort. Just a thought.
DXSMac
That's more of a "judgement call." What is great to one is horrible to another.

JJ
towgunner1
Thanks for the upgrade. Looking forward to seeing it. I'll be using this site more frequently as my pop up grows into a hybrid. biggrin.gif
Gingerbred
QUOTE(silverjack @ Aug 16 2009, 07:45 PM) *

I agree, please post pictures of the rv parks. Thanks!!

Me too! I would love a few pics of the CGs people report on. I always take a few pics of the places we camp and would be more than willing to share them. smile.gif
Puttin
QUOTE(biggoomba @ Aug 2 2005, 02:30 PM) *

Hello,

I thought I would add a little feature request. You should consider a user gallery in which users could post some pictures of the campground they review and then allow them to link to the pictures in the review.

Its the whole 'Picture is worht 1000 words' type o thing. People like different things in a CG and sometimes looking at a photo would help a lot in the description.

I would like to see pictures to get an idea how far apart the campsites are from each other.

Just a suggestion. I always take lots of pictures of the camp grounds I go to because I had always intended to write a review of all the camp sites I visit and put them on line.

eaglessoc
I think the picture of campground sites suggestion is a good one. Many RVers have cell air cards, so sending a picture with their review just after they visited a campground would be valuable.
grim509
QUOTE(eaglessoc @ Mar 10 2010, 03:51 PM) *

I think the picture of campground sites suggestion is a good one. Many RVers have cell air cards, so sending a picture with their review just after they visited a campground would be valuable.

Agreed. What would be a "small site" to someone with an RV may be just right for someone like me with a popup. Also, it would help substantiate or disavow those reviews who seem to come from people who are happy with nothing.
J Wolf
Just wanted to say what a great job you are doing. Before i make any reservation i come to your site first and look for your review. That is why i joined so that ican send in reviews the more you have i think the better product. Again great site and keep up the good works and a great big thanks.
BrendaB
Hello. My husband and I have been reading reviews here for a while now. We always look here first before booking. One time we didn't and we got stung with a terrible campground. Lesson learned. I just joined to write my first review. I'm happy to submit my opinions on such a well run site. Finding reviews on Canadian campgrounds would be wonderful. We live in upstate NY and we frequent Canada because they are so close to us. Nice to see a clickable map is in the works. It would also be nice to be able to post a photo. We just left a campground because of construction that was going on. I'd love to post a photo of this construction so people could see what we were talking about. Just a thought. As far as this site, we always tell people about it. Keep up the good work!
Denali
QUOTE(BrendaB @ Apr 19 2010, 07:20 AM) *

Hello. My husband and I have been reading reviews here for a while now. We always look here first before booking. One time we didn't and we got stung with a terrible campground. Lesson learned. I just joined to write my first review. I'm happy to submit my opinions on such a well run site. Finding reviews on Canadian campgrounds would be wonderful. We live in upstate NY and we frequent Canada because they are so close to us. Nice to see a clickable map is in the works. It would also be nice to be able to post a photo. We just left a campground because of construction that was going on. I'd love to post a photo of this construction so people could see what we were talking about. Just a thought. As far as this site, we always tell people about it. Keep up the good work!
I'm not sure if you are aware that Canadian campgrounds are reviewed here. Simply click on the "Show Canada" button (it looks like the Canadian flag) on the home page.
SargeW
Hi, I am a full timer and have been posting to the site for years. I review every camp ground that I stay in, and try to be fair and objective while doing so. Just a few suggestions I would like to add to the site itself. I believe that adding a check box for "paved pads" would be of benefit for many RV'ers. This is especially true when camping in the East where the weather can and does turn nasty in a hurry. Sometimes being on a paved surface can make a huge difference in the quality of your stay.

Second, adding a feature to be able to "search" for your favorite ammenity would be great. The ability to search for site length, WiFi, or even a paved site would make the site even more user friendly.

Thanks, Sarge
Denali
QUOTE(SargeW @ Oct 4 2010, 06:01 PM) *
...Second, adding a feature to be able to "search" for your favorite ammenity would be great. The ability to search for site length, WiFi, or even a paved site would make the site even more user friendly.

Thanks, Sarge
On the Campground Search page, there is a section "Filter Results by Amenities (beta)" that allows you to do that, but only for amenities already in the data, e.g., Wi-Fi, big rig access, etc.
theresal58
We love this website. We use it all the time to help us select a place to stay. I know there are others but this one seems to be the most complete. Thanks !
As for searching for amenities, we would like to suggest a "shaded or private " site button. We do NOT like to sit in a big park all lined up in the open like RV soldiers.
theresal58
QUOTE(Cheryl @ Dec 13 2005, 04:43 PM) *

It's a good one.

I agree. Noise, noisy trains, noise....... Very important to us when camping. We want peace and quiet.
TXBobcat
One thing I find intresting is when people rate a campground. If it is easy to get to because it is near the interstate hwy, their problem is the traffic noise. If it is in a wooded area they can't get satellite or it is so far away from the highway cell and air card don't work. Very seldom do they put the campground in a urban neighborhood. The city ordinance and codes normally don't allow a business in residential areas but do in commercial areas. Near highways, railroad tracks and airports. We turn on your bedroom A/C fan on for white noise at night and just ignore the noise in the day time.

I use to live near Casper Wyoming and have stayed at the Casper KOA.. Saw a review about the campground that there was no shade trees or grass, just sand and gravel through out the camground. Well look around the east half of the state. Guess what no trees, very littl grass, just rolling hills, sage brush and cactus.

They gripe about kids running around in KOA's campgrounds. Well they are family orented so that is what you are going to get.

Do more research before you go to the campground.

I would like to see a gallery seperate from the reviews that you could go to and see what members post showng parts of the campground.

FWIW
BC
stroza
RVparkreviews.com --- Wouldn't leave home without it!!!
DelK
It sure would be a great help if the address of the campgrounds were included in the information.
DXSMac
Click on the website. HOpefully you would get an address there.

QUOTE(DelK @ Oct 2 2012, 07:54 PM) *

It sure would be a great help if the address of the campgrounds were included in the information.

John Q Citizen
I discovered your site this season. It has replaced my Trailer Life Campground directory. Keep up the good work!! biggrin.gif
Texasrvers
Thanks. Welcome to the forum.
jamarynn1
QUOTE(John Q Citizen @ Oct 6 2012, 12:21 PM) *

I discovered your site this season. It has replaced my Trailer Life Campground directory. Keep up the good work!! biggrin.gif

I agree. I haven't had the directory open for two years. This site does it all!
TedandJan
QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 27 2004, 10:13 AM) *

Hi everybody!
Just wanted to give everybody an update on some changes that we are making to RV Park Reviews. We are currently working on a more efficient review submitting system that will automate the review process and take less time on our part to post the reviews. We also have plans to add the Canadian Provinces as well to this system and possibly in the future to add "clickable" maps to find campgrounds. As with any software changes that are made there may be a learning curve, but we are hoping that things will go smoothly, so be patient when we finally do implement the changes. We appreciate all your support for RV Park Reviews and are striving to make things even better! wink.gif

I look forward to your updates as this is where I get info on deciding my next stop. Just a request to consider, today up to 40 feet doesn't describe big rig compatible. You need to have an additional designation for over 40 feet. I have a 45 foot 5er and I need your help. It's still the best review/ selection site.
Dutch_12078
I agree with your suggestion, but do note that the post you replied to was from 2004. blink.gif
Desertthorn
I wish that you have a box for if the campground was open all year or not.I've mentioned this before because we travel a lot during late fall winter and early spring and not all websites think to put this info.
Also there is discussion going on over at motorhome.com about parks with the 10 year rule. I wish that box was also listed as my rig is 10 years old right now and I rather not embarrass myself or the park pulling in and asking for a space.
dog bone
QUOTE(Desertthorn @ Oct 29 2012, 09:38 PM) *
I wish that you have a box for if the campground was open all year or not.I've mentioned this before because we travel a lot during late fall winter and early spring and not all websites think to put this info.
Also there is discussion going on over at motorhome.com about parks with the 10 year rule. I wish that box was also listed as my rig is 10 years old right now and I rather not embarrass myself or the park pulling in and asking for a space.

Most of the campgrounds give do you an opening and closing date, But a box to check, open all year would be nice.
I never agreed with the 10 yr rule, myself. My trailer is going to be 10 next year. It still looks new. I guess a check box for that wouldn't be bad though.
I don't know how much work it would be for the crew to do that. They all have a heavy work load as it is. Maybe put it on the back burner for the future.
I know I've said it before, but you all do a great job here. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.