Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Watch Out For Ads
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > General Chat
jubilee32
This is a bit tongue in cheek but be careful when searching for a campsite in one town and having an ad pop up in the middle of the ratings. I was looking at a KOA site and saw a great site in the center of town pop up and the two ratings below it were 10s. We were ready to start driving so my wife took a look at the site as I gave her the phone number. Just after she entered the number and pressed send, she notice the site was several states away. She hung up.

I have no problem with ads on a free site and appreciate the work this site does. However, when you are on the road and taking a quick stop to find a place, be sure to make sure you don't think you will be going someplace you want to. When I clicked the ad, the resulting site had no reference their town on the page. I was in a hurry.

We had a good laugh and all ended well. Thanks for the work rvparkreviews!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
docj
All you need to do to avoid this is use AdBlocker on your browser (assuming it is Firefox or Chrome). I don't ever see any ads on this or any other forum or on Facebook or Google. I guess I could be missing something, but I'm willing to take that chance.
jubilee32
QUOTE(docj @ Aug 25 2013, 07:53 PM) *

All you need to do to avoid this is use AdBlocker on your browser (assuming it is Firefox or Chrome). I don't ever see any ads on this or any other forum or on Facebook or Google. I guess I could be missing something, but I'm willing to take that chance.

Thanks - these ads are built into the review site. I do not think they are "pop-up"
docj
QUOTE(jubilee32 @ Aug 28 2013, 06:24 PM) *

Thanks - these ads are built into the review site. I do not think they are "pop-up"

AdBocker works quite well on "embedded" ads; as I said in my previous post I see absolutely no ads on this website or any others. I wouldn't have offered my comment if I didn't know it would work.
dalsgal
I agree. I have adblocker and see no ads here or anywhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.