Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changes To Review Submittals
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > RV Park Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
FosterImposters
Hello Torce and welcome aboard the forum side!

When we first located this site, we too had too few camping sites to qualify posting here. You may want to try something we did.

Print out a handful of fliers from this website, and give them to friends you meet when camping at your one-and-only park. Tell folks to post THEIR reviews.

I now keep a couple fliers available for when we meet and 'click' with folks on the road. Perfect way to trade e-mail addresses using the back of the RVparkReviews flier.

Just a thought.
cool.gif
torce
Hi FosterImposters

Thanks for the suggestion re: the spare fliers. I have been thinking
about referring some of our fellow campers to this site. Passing
out some fliers might just work.

Have a great summer!!!
torce
Hi DXSMAC

Been there - done that!! That's one reason why I suggested removal of a single 5+ year old
negative review - things change - as many times for the worse as for the better.

I also hoped (in my review) to correct some of the information about the campground -
some of them aren't set up or appropriate for the huge rigs that seem to be so popular
these days.

Happy travels!!
Retire2Travel
I do think this is a good idea to have added security to the reviews, because we base our choices for parks on the comments. The problem is I wish I had known this a little sooner because I posted a second review on the same park thinking it did not go through. Some kind of notice or notification should be posted when a comment is submitted to let people know why their review is being held. We are fairly new to camping and plan on referring to this site frequently, quicker postings of the reviews would be helpful.
John Blue
We are working on the problems each day and hope this will go away soon. Remember this website is under heavy load at times due to all the reviews that pour in. The admins work hard to keep up with checked in the reviews. You can see a hundred or more hit the site in short time. Each review is checked before it goes on line to the public. All this takes time and someone to work the reviews. Changes will happen as soon as our webmaster can make them.
Texasrvers
What John has said is correct. We do receive a huge amount of reviews in the summer months, and the checkers have trouble keeping up at times. In some cases it may take several days for a review to appear. Last summer at one point we had a backlog of almost 1000 reviews. Fortunately summer is short, and the rest of the months sees a lighter load.

Let me also add that we do not hold reviews except for two reasons: 1. The reviewer has not yet sent in 3 reviews (for different parks) which is mandatory before any review is posted. This has been in place for several years now; and 2. When a large number of reviews is submitted, they remain on hold until a checker can get to them. We do try to post them as soon as possible. In some cases that may be as little as an hour or two, and in other cases it may be a day or two.

Other than this we do not hold reviews. If a review is not accepted for posting the reviewer should get a note telling them why the review has been deferred.

I hope this makes things a little clearer, and we look forward to getting your reviews in the future.
JohnTucson
I thought I'd add my two cents to this long-running discussion (I hope my contribution is worth two cents!).

Reviews are just peoples' personal opinions. Opinions of the same park can differ widely, so you take that into account when you read the things people say here. Reviews that are a bit too gushingly positive ... eh, you take them with a grain of salt. After a while, the owner-written "reviews" are usually pretty easy to spot. Same can be said of the overly negative reviews, too.

I have no problem with the three-park rule for posting an individual's reviews. Frankly, there are plenty of reviews that could use more editing, in my opinion. I just laugh at some of the things people complain about ... the park was "too windy", or the girl at the check-in had a pierced tongue (I'm not kidding). And it seems to be SOP to complain about a park's long-term residents.

Personally, I don't really care about those kinds of things. What I want to see in a review are straightforward ... was the owner/manager friendly? Was the park noisy with traffic/trains? What's the park's neighborhood like? Any particularly interesting amenities of the park?

And while I understand wanting to quote a discounted rate based on some membership or another, that's not useful information for those who aren't in that club. Quote the regular price and then give the discount in the body of the review, if necessary.

Thanks for listening. This is one of the most useful websites on the net, in my opinion (hope that's not too gushingly positive!)
Texasrvers
Welcome to the site, John Tucson, and thank you for your comments. You have made some very good points. We look forward to more posts from you. BTW I'd say your 2 cents is probably worth at least four cents. biggrin.gif
Denali
QUOTE(JohnTucson @ Jul 5 2010, 09:25 AM) *
And while I understand wanting to quote a discounted rate based on some membership or another, that's not useful information for those who aren't in that club. Quote the regular price and then give the discount in the body of the review, if necessary.
That's a very good point. It is important that folks who get a heavily discounted rate at least note that in their reviews, unless the park is strictly, exclusively, members only.
DOTLDaddy
Although I have used this website to check out campgrounds for several years, I have never posted a review until a couple weeks ago. Like many who did not read the fine print, I was wondering why my review was not posted. blink.gif

Upon reading the FAQ at the top of the home page, I realized I just had to wait a few days. Now, I find out that I must submit 3 or 5 (???) reviews before they are put into the queue to be posted.

I guess my point here is this. The rule that you must submit multiple reviews before any are considered is not mentioned in the FAQ at the top of the homepage. All it says is you must wait patiently for a few days. Not everyone goes to the trouble of tracking down the inside scoop on this forum, so I am sure many are left wondering why their single review was never posted, like me.

In closing, I will say I am not against the multiple review requirement. I just think it should be stated in the FAQ at the top of the homepage where most newbies would look first.

DOTLDaddy
Texasrvers
QUOTE(DOTLDaddy @ Jul 9 2010, 07:43 AM) *

I guess my point here is this. The rule that you must submit multiple reviews before any are considered is not mentioned in the FAQ at the top of the homepage.

I just think it should be stated in the FAQ at the top of the homepage where most newbies would look first.

DOTLDaddy,

I’m sorry you had a problem with the website. To be truthful I had not looked at the FAQ section in quite some time and did not remember exactly what was in it, but after seeing your post I read it again. It appears to me that it DOES state in the second question/answer that you need to post three reviews before any will be considered for posting so I am confused about your saying that this rule needs to be included in the FAQ’s. Is there something that I’m not understanding here?

Texasrvers
dalsgal
It does state "You also need to post at least 3 reviews before your reviews enter the approval stage". I do know of a couple of instances where posts were made with no other posts and one with only 1 other post. That just means there are a few exceptions that are made on occasion.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 9 2010, 02:34 PM) *

It does state "You also need to post at least 3 reviews before your reviews enter the approval stage". I do know of a couple of instances where posts were made with no other posts and one with only 1 other post. That just means there are a few exceptions that are made on occasion.

I can explain why that happens. Let's say that a member submits three reviews just like the rules say. When those reviews are checked for errors TWO of them are not acceptable for whatever reason (incorrect information, poor grammar/spelling, etc.) so they are not posted. However, the third review is good and is posted. The person met the requirements for submitting reviews so they were all considered for approval, but only one review was acceptable and posted. In this case the system will show that the person has only one review so it looks like they did not send in the required amount when actually they did.
reddie
We have absolutely found this site the very best information from 98% REAL campers. Due to health issues we have had to really stay close to home, therefore I posted reviews on 2 local campgrounds. One in particular, Cloud Nine RV park between Hot Springs, Ar and Benton, Ar could be very dangerous for Big Rigs pulling a Toad. (it didn't show up under reviews because I didn't meet my mandatory 5) It was a fair and accurate review and truly feel that it could help the safety of our fellow RV'ers. I felt pretty sure that someone connected with that campground had posted a rebuke of sorts.

That being said, I think that this 3 to 5 reviews required, will eventually kill this website. Many times, after settling in for the night, we would do a review. On a trip to Mt Rushmore, we might stay in 3 parks. It is possible it could be weeks or months before that 5th one could be written. I think the forum is punishing the honest to get rid of the few. We as readers of reviews got pretty good at figuring out the "fake RV park owners and their cronies". 99% of us read other reviews by that member. In fact, over on RV.net there was a discussion about this website, and how to sift through the reviews to get a general idea of what a park is like. '

We really liked the "heads up" on bad interior roads, narrow turns, high/steep climbs, dirty and nasty parks with dangerous people.

The Tiffin website, and other major brands are beefing up their campground websites that could eventually kill this one. This is, and has been our favorite and most trusted site (even though we could tell the "plants" for ourselves. We're getting ready for a long trip soon, and we will check this website, but it seems that the Forum must believe there are more phony park reviews, than from members such as ourselves to make such a strict 5 review rule.

We may start going with our " Brand Forum" where they will eventually have a large data base of RV parks like this one.
Texasrvers
Please excuse me while I shout.

OUR RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THREE REVIEWS—NOT FIVE.

(Deep breath taken) Now let me address your other comments.

Our records show that you have 21 reviews posted. You have met the THREE review requirement. You do not have to meet it over and over again.

Our records also show that you have 4 reviews in the approval queue, one of them being the review for the Cloud Nine Park. There are currently 266 reviews in the queue. Two of your reviews are about half way down. The other two are near the bottom. This is an extremely busy time. On many days more reviews are submitted than can be approved. Reviews are handled in the order they come in, and they are approved as soon as possible, but that may not be for a few days at this time of year. Your reviews will be posted in due time.

We feel the three review rule does help weed out the less serious reviewer or the occasional review from a park owner. Yes, most of our members can spot a bogus review, but we strive not to have them in the first place. This has been a requirement for about 3 years, and we’re not dead yet because as you state this site has “the very best information from 98% REAL campers” and it is our rules that keep it that way.

So thank you for the compliment and your other comments, and look for your reviews to appear in 2-3 days.
reddie
Thank you for clearing that up. As you can see I haven't posted lately, or done any reviews until yesterday. I guess being out of commission for awhile made us a bit rusty. I looked back where I posted at the beginning of this thread, and I think we understood it at the very beginning, then after being off the road for a few months, misunderstood. I also agree with above members statement, that if we re-visit a park at a later date, and the park has gone down, we can make a note of it or improved, note that too. Example: we recently stayed at Lake Hamilton RV Park, where a couple of years ago, several members posted that the owners were very unfriendly. Unfortunately, the prior owner died, and the park now has very friendly new owners/management. If we constantly review the parks, then it is even more fair for the new owners who are friendly, have cleaned, made improvements, etc. We also mention that we found their park on this website.

We really appreciate you taking the time to set us straight on this. We love this website and had always found it helpful. Thanks again.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(reddie @ Jul 11 2010, 05:20 PM) *

I also agree with above members statement, that if we re-visit a park at a later date, and the park has gone down, we can make a note of it or improved, note that too.

You are absolutely correct that parks should be updated frequently. A review from two years (or even one year) ago may not be valid now since things change so quickly. All we ask is that a reviewer not post a second review for the same park within 90 of the first review.

BTW your Lake Hamilton review is in the queue, but unfortunately it is the one near the bottom. I have seen several of the volunteers working on the submitted reviews today so they will get to yours as soon as they can.

We're glad to have you back as a poster and reviewer.

PS: The shouting wasn't just at you. We get emails and posts all the time from people saying they will never be able to reach the FIVE review rule. It was five at one time, but the webmaster changed it to three over two years ago. We are aware that once-a-year campers may have a problem with this, but we do not feel this is a burden for most of our members.
jake blake
Please advise... how do I edit a park review done by another person. I found the review done to be factually incorrect, i.e. No cable tv, no internet, cable or wifi. This is from the park ranger. How to I get these facts changed at this park? Please advise. Thanks.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(jake blake @ Jul 12 2010, 02:27 PM) *

Please advise... how do I edit a park review done by another person. I found the review done to be factually incorrect, i.e. No cable tv, no internet, cable or wifi. This is from the park ranger. How to I get these facts changed at this park? Please advise. Thanks.

A member cannot edit another member's review (or even their own for that matter). Only admins can do that. If you will send me a personal message with the name of the park, its location, and list the things that are incorrect I will pass along the information. If the admin can verify that the changes are valid they will correct the listing.

Texasrvers
Sandy V
I am an old 'user' but a brand new 'member' and may not be where I should be but wanted to comment that I really appreciate the time and effort that obviously goes into creating this excellent review site. I was wondering why my very first post (today) did not appear and now I know. It is unfortunate that such scrunity is necessary but it reflects the present state of our world. I DO wish that I could edit my first post, however, as I failed to mention their excellent WiFi. Thanks again for having such a helpful site.
Texasrvers
Sandy V,

Welcome to the site. We look forward to posting your reviews.
Fitzjohnfan
May I also add a big THANKS for all the hard work you and your editors do for the site!!! I got back into camping in a motorhome after being out of it for about 10 years and was grateful to find a link to this site on the Fleetwood RV Yahoo discussion group.

I searched around for other RV park review sites, but they are very limited, and usually jaded toward some membership club or other organization. Some even expect you to pay or subscribe to be able to view the parks in their database. Very un-inviting.

Thanks for a great site and keep up the work!!
Roaming Rob
My wife and I have been full-timers since the beginning of the year, and I have submitted about 17 or 18 reviews so far. This, however, is the first time I'm contributing to the forum.

I see that the issue of finding a way to insure that park owners do not send in BS reviews continues to be discussed after four years. This is, to me, emblematic of how valuable this site is to those of us who stay at RV Parks. And super kudos to the admin of this site for all the work he does.

I just submitted my first negative review. As I said in the review, I've never given a park less than a "7" before, not because I'm a nice guy, but because I do my research before selecting a park, mostly on this site. And it has never failed me, until the park I reviewed today.

It was clear to me that I was fooled on this one, and it is almost certainly because the owners submitted fake reviews. I noted that there were six prior reviews of this park, with scores of 10, 10, 10, 9, 3, and 2. How could there be such a difference of opinion? Further analysis revealed that the two low scorers had submitted 26 reviews between them, while the four high scorers had THREE other reviews between them! And one of those other reviews PANNED a competitor just up the road!

I don't know the solution to this issue that has been discussed for so long. But I wanted to share this story as a way to warn others what you might see when there are phony reviews, such as widely varying opinions, with the great ones from reviewers with few other submissions, and bad reviews from reviewers with lots of submissions.

Thank you again to the administrator. This site has made a huge difference to us, which is what motivates me to take the time to write careful, honest reviews so others can benefit. Now, I have 3 or 4 more reviews to write about some of the nice parks I learned about right here at RV Reviews!
Ladymcgyver210
Hi Webmaster,

I have a question for you? I understand that you have a 90 rule on not posting about the same park but I just posted a review that I wrote up after our stay in May & just remembered to post it. When will I be able to write my next one on that same park we just stayed at again. Will it be 90 days from the date we stayed or 90 days from the time I posted? Please let me know as I want to post a new one on this same park just a few months later from our awful stay there! smile.gif I understand you are busy & appreciate what you do!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Texasrvers
QUOTE(Ladymcgyver210 @ Aug 13 2010, 10:33 PM) *

Hi Webmaster,

I have a question for you? I understand that you have a 90 rule on not posting about the same park but I just posted a review that I wrote up after our stay in May & just remembered to post it. When will I be able to write my next one on that same park we just stayed at again. Will it be 90 days from the date we stayed or 90 days from the time I posted? Please let me know as I want to post a new one on this same park just a few months later from our awful stay there! smile.gif I understand you are busy & appreciate what you do!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

I'm not the webmaster, and I think I know the answer to your question, but I want to double check. I will get back to you.
Ladymcgyver210
QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 13 2010, 11:06 PM) *

I'm not the webmaster, and I think I know the answer to your question, but I want to double check. I will get back to you.

Great! Thanks so much! wink.gif
Texasrvers
Sorry this has taken so long. Everyone who works on the site is very busy this time of year.

The 90 day rule is applied to both the date of stay and to the date the
review is submitted.

In other words you may not submit a second review for the same park for a
stay date within a 90 day period from the first stay date, and you may not submit a second review for the same park until 90 days after the date you submitted the first review
regardless of the date of stay.

This means that since you have just recently submitted a review for a park you need to wait 90 days before you may submit another review for that same park even though the stay date was more than 90 days ago.

I hope this answers your question.
shar1435
We go camping for two-three weeks/year, so I was disappointed to learn that my reviews won't be read for another year or more. dry.gif
Texasrvers
When you go on a trip do you stay at only one campground the whole time? If the answer is yes, then it could be a year before your reviews show up. However, there is some good news here. I checked on your reviews and found one in the approval queue. So I have to assume you have submitted the required number or the system has goofed up. Unfortunately I only found the one review, and it is near the bottom of the 500 reviews we currently have waiting to be proof read. This is an extremely busy time of year for us, but we will eventually get to it and the others that you have apparently submitted.
CamperAndy
I agree with most of you, there must be a better way. Being an RV park owner myself (and traveling with an RV in the off season) it would be nice to see all posts for example of the last two years. I'm pretty sure the worst and the best comments would be levelled out and the average picture would be about accurate. The second last post on my RV park was a pretty bad one and during the past several days I tried to figure out why that person wrote such a comment. I couldn't. Fortunately, the newest post is pretty good again - and honestly, it wasn't me posting it! Therefore, more posts and the picture gets levelled.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(Andy Zust @ Aug 28 2010, 01:42 PM) *

I agree with most of you, there must be a better way. Being an RV park owner myself (and traveling with an RV in the off season) it would be nice to see all posts for example of the last two years. I'm pretty sure the worst and the best comments would be levelled out and the average picture would be about accurate. The second last post on my RV park was a pretty bad one and during the past several days I tried to figure out why that person wrote such a comment. I couldn't. Fortunately, the newest post is pretty good again - and honestly, it wasn't me posting it! Therefore, more posts and the picture gets levelled.

I'm sorry, but I'm not following you here. What are you referring to when you say there must be a better way? Several items have been brought up recently, and I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Also when you say "it would be nice to see all posts for example of the last two years" it sounds like you think the reviews do not go back that far. Actually they go back much farther than that. I have seen some from 2003. Maybe I misinterpreted your statement, and I apologize if I did. But I wanted to be sure you realize that reviews from two years ago are definitely posted.
John Blue
Andy,

I think you may have missed the note at bottom of the last review you see. Look for (Display Older Reviews {parks name}). Click on this link and it will open up all reviews on the park. We only display around three reviews to save space on page.
CamperAndy
Thanks for your replies and sorry if I wasn't clear. I agree with all those ones who thought it's not right having to wait until you have 3 posts (or 5 earlier) until your comments get actually posted. There must be a better way to separate those ones posting good comments for themselves. But right now I don't have the answer.
Regarding old postings, I have seen the link at the bottom of each listing but in my case it only brings up one more posting which is already 3 years old. Before the latest 3 posts dated June & August 2010 I believe I have had more older postings, but somehow they don't show anymore. Anyway, I'm not eager to see posts older than 2 years as they might no more be true due to renovations, new buildings, new owners or other circumstances.
justbeachy
I too just started camping again and posted my first review. Too bad I have to stay at 4 more campgrounds and post reviews before mine will be read. It also concerns me because campgrounds I may want to stay at may not have upto date reviews due to this rule.
Texasrvers
It is amazing to me that this misunderstanding continues to come up even after there have been numerous posts stating that you need to submit 3 reviews NOT 5.
Fitzjohnfan
I think it was mentioned before, but what about an automated poster rating system, e.g.:

>Red flag< "this poster has only posed one review so far"
>Yellow flag< This poster has only posted 3 reviews, and the're all from the same area.
>Green flag< this poster has posted 25 reviews so far.

Others could also exist.

Just a quick suggestions, but I know that nothing would be perfect. I still love the site!!!
Texasrvers
QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Aug 31 2010, 12:26 AM) *

what about an automated poster rating system

Actually we sort of have this already. If you look at the bottom of any review there will be a message that says,

"The user that posted this review has # other reviews online, click here to see them."

This doesn't include everything you suggested, but it does give others an idea of how many reviews the reviewer has done.
Lucydog
I appreciate how much work it is to run the site, and I have relied on it over the years to plan our trips.

However, count me among those who would like to see all reviews appear immediately. A lot of people are simply not going to waste their time submitting reviews if they think they are not going to show up anyway. And I hate the idea that there may be a bunch of reviews for campgrounds that I need to see but can't.

It takes most people awhile to accumulate 3 different reviews.

I like that we can see the other reviews people have written, so we can take what they say with a grain of salt or not. Not only is it for credibility, but as a couple who has a small hybrid trailer with no kids and a bunch of dogs, my needs are different than someone with kids or a full-timer in large motorhome.

With all the online review sites out there now like Yelp, Foursquare, even Facebook, people are used to using judgement in reading reviews now. If there is a mechanism for flagging suspicious reviews, then that should work out.

Times have changed and unfiltered reviews, managing by exception, is really the norm on the Internet, for better or worse. It would be way less work for the admins also. This is my perspective as a small business owner, internet marketing professional, and of course RVer.
Texasrvers
Lucydog,

Thank you for your input, but I have to disagree with some of your statements.

However, count me among those who would like to see all reviews appear immediately. A lot of people are simply not going to waste their time submitting reviews if they think they are not going to show up anyway. And I hate the idea that there may be a bunch of reviews for campgrounds that I need to see but can't.

Many of our listings have at least 1-2 reviews that are current (within the last 3-4 months), and a great majority of the listings have reviews that are within the last year. While new reviews are welcomed and need to be continually submitted, most RVers can get a pretty good idea of what the campground is like from the reviews that are already in place.

It takes most people awhile to accumulate 3 different reviews.

Actually I think that MOST people do NOT have any difficulty accumulating 3 reviews. It is only a FEW people that do. Most RVers stay at several, if not numerous parks, when they travel. Even if they go on only one trip a year, most (but not all) RVers stay at more than one park on that trip. We regret that some of our members do get caught up in this, and we apologize to them, but we feel the 3 review rule has greatly reduced many of the problems we experienced in the past.

I like that we can see the other reviews people have written, so we can take what they say with a grain of salt or not. Not only is it for credibility, but as a couple who has a small hybrid trailer with no kids and a bunch of dogs, my needs are different than someone with kids or a full-timer in large motorhome.

We agree that this is a good feature of our site.

Times have changed and unfiltered reviews, managing by exception, is really the norm on the Internet, for better or worse.

Unfiltered reviews may be the norm, but I think the one thing that puts this site a step above that type of website is the quality of reviews we maintain. Yes, it would be far less work for the admins to just accept everything as is, but then we would get all the same garbage and crap and flames and unreadable comments that are found on other sites, and I do not think our members want to see that here. Unfortunately the only way to maintain quality is to monitor what is submitted. And if you can measure our success by the hundreds of reviews that are submitted daily, then I think we must be doing something right, even if we do get behind during the summer months.
poobaswine
Five reviews before you post them. Well just go ahead and cancel my membership to this site. We are new to rv camping and tend to stay in place for some time. It would take years to make your 5 review rule.

Thought I found a forum that supported the readers and felt it was important to get out info on RV parks. Instead I found a place that just makes it tough for you to contribute.

One star for RV PARK REVIEWS.

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL........I will not waste your time so please do not waste mine.

Walter Linzmier
San Antonio Texas.
Denali
QUOTE(poobaswine @ Sep 13 2010, 06:13 AM) *

Five reviews before you post them. Well just go ahead and cancel my membership to this site. We are new to rv camping and tend to stay in place for some time. It would take years to make your 5 review rule.

Thought I found a forum that supported the readers and felt it was important to get out info on RV parks. Instead I found a place that just makes it tough for you to contribute.

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL........I will not waste your time so please do not waste mine.

Walter Linzmier
San Antonio Texas.
You initiation fee, annual membership fee, and review submission fees will be refunded in full.
HappiestCamper
QUOTE(Denali @ Sep 13 2010, 11:51 AM) *

You initiation fee, annual membership fee, and review submission fees will be refunded in full.

Hahahaha - well said

Maybe where it says "Everyone please read" they can change it to "Everybody quit posting to this topic"
Texasrvers
QUOTE(poobaswine @ Sep 13 2010, 08:13 AM) *

Walter Linzmier
San Antonio Texas.

Normally I try to be a little more patient with new members since they cannot possibly have read all the previous posts, but in this case I'll make an exception and use the same tone that you did.

Where in the world do you get that you must submit 5 reviews???? Do you have trouble reading?? It has been stated over and over and over that the number is 3. If you read the very first post in this thread from the Webmaster he states 3 and explains why. Submitting 5 reviews was discussed several years ago, but it was decided that was too many and the number was lowered to 3. This is not an unreasonable number. Most RVers have no trouble with this.

If it will take you years to submit 3 reviews (as you have stated) then you don't need this site to help you find parks--you never go anywhere!!!
wpr
@poobaswine

It's always better to get the facts before becoming emotional. You need to submit 3 reviews before any are published, not 5 as you have stated. If this is a major hindrance for you, you still can use this website to plan your future trips anyway, as you need not be a member to read campground reviews. I wish you good luck in your future travels.

@Texasrvers

Very untypical of you, but I can understand after this uncalled for outburst by poobaswine. wink.gif
Texasrvers
QUOTE(wprigge @ Sep 13 2010, 02:53 PM) *

@Texasrvers

Very untypical of you, but I can understand after this uncalled for outburst by poobaswine. wink.gif

Yeah, and I suppose I should be the adult here, but he started it. tongue.gif
wpr
Texasrvers,

Yeah, and I suppose I should be the adult here, but he started it. tongue.gif

I like it! biggrin.gif
FosterImposters
You know: it may be that "poobaswine" just needs a bit of attention. laugh.gif

Find it hard to fathom this rather basic policy (which is painfully easy to work around), is that upsetting.

"You can please some of the people, some of the time..." (Paraphrased Abe Lincoln)

cool.gif
mtnestr
This is a question, I wasn't sure how to post a new topic... Can campground reviews be updated or edited once they are submitted?

Thank you
HappiestCamper
QUOTE(mtnestr @ Sep 26 2010, 09:49 PM) *

This is a question, I wasn't sure how to post a new topic... Can campground reviews be updated or edited once they are submitted?

Thank you

If they reject it based on some info missing, yes. If it is in the system, no.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Sep 26 2010, 08:51 PM) *

If it is in the system, no.

Technically the answer is yes, but only admins can edit posted reviews, and they only do it if the review contains factual mistakes, such as an incorrect phone number or website, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.