Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changes To Review Submittals
RV Park Reviews Campground Discussion Forum > RV Park and Campground Discussions > RV Park Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
John Blue
Click on the (Contact Us) at bottom page. Tell Admin what is wrong with the review and what you wish to change.
jerryellen
We have been RVing for 18 years and just dicovered this forum. Yesterday I joined because I had found an RV park that had a serious SAFETY problem and when I brought it to the attention of the owner/operator he laughted it off. This situation can cause harm to the park users, both physically and finacially.
I am NOT an avid writer or reviewer and probably will not submitt many reviews. I do think people needs to be warned when something that affects their lifestyle or Safety they need to be informed. I'm sorry that with your rules this will not happen with the park in Milan, OH.
HappiestCamper
QUOTE(jerryellen @ Nov 3 2010, 12:23 PM) *

I'm sorry that with your rules this will not happen with the park in Milan, OH.

And with just a few more sentences and you could have said the name of the park and the problem.
FosterImposters
QUOTE(jerryellen @ Nov 3 2010, 09:23 AM) *

Yesterday I joined because I had found an RV park that had a serious SAFETY problem and when I brought it to the attention of the owner/operator he laughted it off. This situation can cause harm to the park users, both physically and finacially...

Welcome aboard jerryellen!

So, what's the Safety problem with the park in Milan, Ohio?
unsure.gif
jerryellen
QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Nov 3 2010, 05:36 PM) *

[i][/i]

Welcome aboard jerryellen!

So, what's the Safety problem with the park in Milan, Ohio?
unsure.gif

High Voltage. 132 V when I entered the park. 135V later My system shut down automatically. No power the rest of the stay. Owner/operator said it was my problem, but he would check with his accurate meter. Said he perferd higher Voltage as he would pay less per Amp. charge on his bill. He also offered no refund for lack of service. Milan Travel Park
Rib
I have been using this site to check campgrounds for three years. I review every campground we go to and have to say that some of the reviews that I read before I went to a campground were slanted in favour of the campground. I would prefer to see someone's review and make my own decisions than not see a review especially one that would stop me from going to a bad spot.

There are people out there who never seem to be satidfied with any campground and I check some of their reviews when i see a particularily grumpy review.

It would be helpful if the campgrounds whose emplyees were submitting reviews were posted rather than making the actual users reviews be held up.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(Rib @ Nov 15 2010, 08:13 AM) *

It would be helpful if the campgrounds whose emplyees were submitting reviews were posted rather than making the actual users reviews be held up.

Sorry but I'm not understanding why you think actual users reviews are being held up in some way because of reviews written by campground employees. Maybe I'm not reading this the right way. Explain further, please.
Elvia
QUOTE(pjtjmn @ Jul 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *

Just a thought..

Five different locations? Wow, I just started camping, and I thought we were doing a lot of different locations this year at 4!!! With all the good reviews in "pending" status, we will be missing out on valuable information..

I understand why you want to do this, but maybe there is another way to keep this honest??
The new way actually gives the dishonest folks incentive to not only try to pump up their place, but hurt others..

For example, if I were a dishonest CG owner, I could always give my own place glowing reviews and poor-to-middling reviews to nearby places...

I was wondering why my review from two weeks ago didn't post!

Maybe we could brainstorm a bit to think of another solution?

John Blue
Elvia,

Your information is wrong. The total is three not five. Look at the date on this information. This July 2006 date is a thousands years old now. We move fast here.
Texasrvers
To Beaver Run RV Park,

We always want to have parks listed correctly. Please send your information by clicking on the "Contact Us" button at the botton of the page or you may send the information to me in a Personal Message, and I will pass it along to the admins.

Texasrvers
travelingfools
QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 10:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

tiredofit
Seems to me that a bad review is, obviously, not from an owner of a campground. Although some people just can't be happy with anything, I think a bad review should get on the site quickly. I am so tired of being lied to by the employees about the campground. We arrive and it's just not an appropriate site. Or access is too hard. Or, we are the only rig because everyone else already knows not to go there, somehow. I have tried to use correct punctuation, spelling, and spacing.
John Blue
tiredofit,

Please send me a PM over what you are talked about. I do not understand what happen here. smile.gif
zash
I am sorry to see that I have to submitt 5 reviews before my review I just submitted will be seen by others.
I just discovered this sight and made a point to go here as soon as I got home to warn fellow campers of such a poor campground in Pelahatchie Mississippi we experienced. I will be back to this site though to submitt more as I camp. I also will NOT be back to the campground we stayed in Pelahatchie Mississippi.
Texasrvers
Zash,

Welcome to the site. It appears your reviews have already been posted. And for the 100,000th time you do not have to submit 5 reviews. The rules state that it is only 3 reviews. Anyone who is serious about making a worthwhile contribution to this site will not find this to be a hardship.
Bryce61
I know this won't be posted nor will any of mine as I May use just three Campgrounds a year. My wife and I use our camper as much as we can but we have a busy life style with many hobbies and interest and camping is just one of many.

Anyway to the point. I use only this site when looking for campgrounds and have by far found it to be the best. This is why I joined as I did not feel that I should sit on the sidelines and wanted to be part of this group. Infact I joined less than an hour age. I realize the need for some censorship but the new rules imposed will not be very subjective to the families that only camp 2 or 3 times a years. What you will see are those that are retired that will be able to meet your post requiements. I hope you rethink your new rules. I also feel that the majority of the people will be able to weed out the posts that are, well I ahte to say it bull.

One peice of inforamation about my family is that my wifes uncle owns a campground that we frequent only once a year for a long weekend. You may never know this for fact but we will never post for our families campground. Our reasons are we would be to biased and we stay fo free which is not fair to those that do pay.

Bryce
Bryce61
I must make a rebuttle on my own post. I did not realize that the NEW RULE was actually submitted in 2006. So my earlier post should be posted and I stand corrected. I just joined and I want to say this is an awesome site.
John Blue
Send the information to "Contact US" down at bottom of page and someone will help you make the changes.
nhted
There really should be another way of weeding out the "self written" reviews without penalizing those of us that are either new to camping or new to this site (I only discovered it through a friend that has RV'd all over the country for years.

We have been camping for 4 years (this will be our 5th) and although I'm sure I could write a review on every campground we have stayed at (we keep our own records of each stay) I still would be unable to submit them because of the time limits set here.

I would certainly hope that the moderator(s), or whoever verifies the reviewers, is also looking at the other side of the coin and weeding out really negative reviews that could possibly be written by a campgrounds competitor (or has anyone even thought of this one)?
John Blue
nhted

First off welcome to the website and we hope you enjoy it. All reviews are checked before they go on line. Site has a number of filters and traps that admins look at before any reviews will pass. Lots of reviews are send back or junked and you will never see them. If a review did pass all the test and was added on line and then admin finds the information was from park owner it is removed. Admins receive wrong information on reviews each day. Most problems are poor grammar, spelling, wrong numbers, wrong URL and so one. It is a tough job at times.
Texasrvers
nhted,

As John said we have ways of identifying less than honest reviews. I'm sorry, but I do not understand how that penalizes you.
countryacresowner
QUOTE(dgc_61 @ Jul 21 2006, 03:31 PM) *

Great thoughts!

I've been on this forum for a long time and I just feel totally offended by this new rule...I think it's totally inappropriate and serves no real purpose.
I am another vote for there otta be a better way. I reviewed at least one other park that got listed right away. Now my latest review is held up pending who knows how long. I even sent in a correction to another park listed in error but I suppose that can't be released either. Why don't you ask for references from new people before you allow them to review? Rv.Net or Escapees would be good sources.

[font=Tahoma][size=7]IT IS FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT IF A DISHONEST CAMPGROUND OWNER CAN POST A BAD REVIEW ABOUT THEIR COMPETITION AND GIVE THEMSELVES RAVING REVIEWS. WELL I THINK THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME. THE REVIEWS SHOW A MUCH HIGHER PRICE THAN I CHARGE SO THAT FOR ONE IS FALSE. THEY TALK ABOUT MY ELECTRIC BEING INADEQUATE AND NOBODY APPROACHED ME ABOUT ANYTHING LIKE THAT. BUT YET THEY WENT TO THE OTHER PARK AND IT WAS PERFECT. THEY SAID MY WIFI WASNT WORKING, MY TV WASNT WORKING. WOW, IF IT WAS THAT BAD I THINK THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN OTHER REVIEWS BESIDES THOSE "THREE" THAT GOT TOGETHER AND POSTED THAT. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY FOR A CAMPGROUND OWNER TO DEFEND HIMSELF. RV PARK REVIEWS NEED TO BE SUED FOR EVERYTHING THEY GOT IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN. THE PERSON NEEDS TO POST THEIR NAME AND ADDRESS GOING THROUGH THIS SITE AND BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Denali
QUOTE(countryacresowner @ May 18 2011, 06:45 AM) *

[font=Tahoma][size=7]IT IS FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT IF A DISHONEST CAMPGROUND OWNER CAN POST A BAD REVIEW ABOUT THEIR COMPETITION AND GIVE THEMSELVES RAVING REVIEWS. WELL I THINK THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME. THE REVIEWS SHOW A MUCH HIGHER PRICE THAN I CHARGE SO THAT FOR ONE IS FALSE. THEY TALK ABOUT MY ELECTRIC BEING INADEQUATE AND NOBODY APPROACHED ME ABOUT ANYTHING LIKE THAT. BUT YET THEY WENT TO THE OTHER PARK AND IT WAS PERFECT. THEY SAID MY WIFI WASNT WORKING, MY TV WASNT WORKING. WOW, IF IT WAS THAT BAD I THINK THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN OTHER REVIEWS BESIDES THOSE "THREE" THAT GOT TOGETHER AND POSTED THAT. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY FOR A CAMPGROUND OWNER TO DEFEND HIMSELF. RV PARK REVIEWS NEED TO BE SUED FOR EVERYTHING THEY GOT IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN. THE PERSON NEEDS TO POST THEIR NAME AND ADDRESS GOING THROUGH THIS SITE AND BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
From the user name and description of the bad reviews, I assume this is from the owner of Country Acres RV Park & Motel in Lamar, CO.

The negative reviews said that they paid $36-38. The park's entry on Passport America says that the normal rate is $34 (plus tax, I assume). Doesn't sound like a "much higher price" to me.

The three reviews were posted by three different reviewers, each of whom had previously posted seven to 31 reviews. That doesn't sound like a rival park owner.

Reading those reviews and comparing them with the generally average reviews the park has received in the past, I would guess that the park had some problems with power in November and December last year. Anybody who travels much knows that the quality of cable TV can vary from site to site in a park.

Who knows whether the customers or the park staff were at fault for the less than pleasant interactions the reviewers reported?
WE3ZS
I did not realize when I signed on here that you needed to submit 5 reviews before one gets posted. We just had a horrible experience at a campground in DE and wanted to warn other campers. There are other negative posts about this campground on the internet....head those warnings.. (Not sure if I can name the campground here).
FosterImposters
Hmmm.
It's only 2 or 3 reviews now.
Make sure you incorporate some detail about the campground itself.
You know: pad condition, hook-ups, cleanliness, road condition.
Hope you have many more GOOD camping experiences in your future!
Cheers!
cool.gif
JDRobar
I didn't read all 19 pages of your responses, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed huh.gif; however, I have a suggestion for keeping RV park owners from posting disingenuous comments on the site.

If, while reading about a particular park, the reader is offered the capability to see all reviews an author has ever created along with date created, in the reverse order created, it will make deceitful entries a harder task.

If a single entry to a Park is suspicious, by looking at the poster's history, RVers can formulate their own opinions about the reviewer/entry. Did all their entries happen on the same date (as an unaware, conniving person might do)?dry.gif Did they attack everyone except one park in a particular area ?mad.gif Regular bloggers will have a legit history spread over time, and the lack thereof most likely will clue readers as to the contributor's intentions should they be out of sync with other opinions. wink.gif This will allow the viewers to identify those pesky, duplicitous RV Park owners for themselves. And hey, maybe some Park owners submit heartfelt reviews on a legit basis - that's cool - I'm sure some of them take a busman's holiday too. Afterall, we're just looking at opinions here, right ?

It will also encourage authentic reviewers to stay with the site, as they will earn a certain amount of respect for their valued opinions. cool.gif Over time, some contributors may become well known 'critics', with reputations that can be trusted. It may even lead towards a more cohesive community of RVers if you were to 'rate the raters' somehow. Ok, so the last part is jumping the shark laugh.gif

Of course, this assumes the User Name is a key in your database. unsure.gif But, that does appear to be the case. I am not familiar with your software, so this may be a lot harder/more expensive solution than it sounds, or than you wanted to pursue. So be aware, readers, don't get too revved if you are sold on the idea until the person that is putting in the time has passed judgment.

Just my input as a former, Fortune 500 programmer/analyst.
Texasrvers
JDRobar,

Your suggestion sounds like a good one, but if I am understanding your comments correctly we already have this ability. Look at any review and you will see a message at the end that says, "The user that posted this review has XX other reviews online. Click here to see them." The reviews contain the date and are in reverse order so that members can see a particular person's past reviews. This is what you are suggesting, isn't it?

Now however, there is one comment where you are a bit off base. You say, "And hey, maybe some Park owners submit heartfelt reviews on a legit basis - that's cool - I'm sure some of them take a busman's holiday too. Afterall, we're just looking at opinions here, right ?" Legitimate and heartfelt or not, our rules state that park owners or employees may not submit reviews for their own or any other park. We feel this removes any temptation to embellish or degrade parks unfairly.

Thanks for your interest in making this a better website. Your input is appreciated.

JDRobar
QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jun 19 2011, 04:09 PM) *

This is what you are suggesting, isn't it?

To quote Duck Dodgers of the 24th and a half Century, "This wouldn't be so embarrassing if it weren't so true."

Whoops! Ah say....Ah say son...... To be truthful, I hadn't needed to look at the Reviews just yet, as I'm as stuck as a bug on fly-paper til the little lady retires at the end of this month sad.gif . I made a REALLY bad assumption based purely on what other comments (or lack thereof) I had read in the first three pages. My apologies for the lack of proper research, I'm heartened you realized it was in the interest of helping.

On the "off base" comment, just my opinion (we all know what they are like, and that everyone has one wink.gif ). Having said that, I'm also aware of the adage that if you join a society, be willing to accept its rules. So, no beef here, sir. biggrin.gif

I'd like to say, you are very tolerant in your attempts to hear people out. Obvious while you provide a free service you are indeed aware, nay, striving to give EXCELLENT service. From my perspective, that breaks a lot of molds!

Please, keep up the good work.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(JDRobar @ Jun 19 2011, 06:13 PM) *

To quote Duck Dodgers of the 24th and a half Century, "This wouldn't be so embarrassing if it weren't so true."

Whoops! Ah say....Ah say son...... To be truthful, I hadn't needed to look at the Reviews just yet, as I'm as stuck as a bug on fly-paper til the little lady retires at the end of this month sad.gif . I made a REALLY bad assumption based purely on what other comments (or lack thereof) I had read in the first three pages. My apologies for the lack of proper research, I'm heartened you realized it was in the interest of helping.

Not a problem. Just hurry up and get to the end of the month so that you can use those reviews and get out on the road!!
dbwtexas
OK, I have reviewed 7 campgrounds today! I am a new member & am playing catch-up. We left Texas on June 15th & are now in Maine. Needless to say we have stayed at several campgrounds since leaving home. I am curious as to why my reviews have not posted?(eibbedtx@yahoo.com)
Texasrvers
The main reason is that there are currently 198 reviews waiting to be approved, and 95 of them are in line before yours. During the summer it is not unusual for us to get over 200 reviews each day. Each one is read and corrected if needed by one of our volunteer admins. We get to these reviews as fast as we can, but sometimes it takes several days. Please be patient, and your reviews will appear soon.
joe4golf
Great job of keeping this site relevant. smile.gif
Mingo
Your respect for security is appreciated. I just signed up to post reviews and value this site to help research campgrounds. It is a shame that cg's feel they must toot their own horns. May I suggest that instead of penalizing the honest writers, that those campgrounds who post their own reviews be exposed. What better penalty than to post the names of the campgrounds that are not handling themselves ethically? I would not bother to do business with them.
Avanti3106
QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 09:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

RVCorgi
This explains why my earlier review just showed up when I added a few from a recent trip. Too bad you have to do this, but thanks for keeping it honest.
havinfun66
QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 10:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the three review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted three or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. smile.gif We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

I posted a review and was wondering why it had not been submitted on the website. I had no idea I had to post many before even one showed up. It would be helpful if this was stated somewhere on the home page. The only way I found out was by digging a little deeper and going onto the forum. I use this website all the time to check out campgrounds and was wondering why some that I've stayed at were not on the website. I believe there are many others who have posted and not known why their reviews have not shown up.
ron 23
W.O.W. that's a shame (the reason) I was wondering why I didn't see a few I recently submitted. Thought maybe you were ill and didn't get to it glad that's not the case. Love the site guys thank you for maintaining it.
Texasrvers
We currently have over 500 reviews waiting to be checked and posted. I think everyone in the country has gone camping in the last few weeks and written a review. Sorry it is taking so long to get through all of them, but we're paddling as fast as we can.
loralee
I also don't like the new rule. I joined this site to be able to check out the camp grounds we are interested in visiting, as we are new to RVing, but to also share about the park we just stayed in. Very few posts about this one, and I think people would like to know it's not a great place to stay. We also fit into the same as many others, we don't visit many sites per year. Looks like what we have to say won't be heard by anyone for quite possibly a long time. Unfortunate for those who might be looking and not know about what we've found out the hard way. Hoping there will be a better way to let those of us who are new to all this to be heard. sad.gif
n1vwd
Loralee

I agree with you 100%. I am in the same boat. I went to an RV park that is not listed and had a good time. Came home and did a review for others only to find out that I need five before any are released. We only could afford four outings this year and two of these were to the same park with friends. At this rate it will take years before any of my reviews will show up.
HappiestCamper
For the last time - it's 3, not 5. Please look at all posts where the admins changed that. If you see 5, that's in someone's quote of the original first message years ago.
dalsgal
Happy, I don't think anyone reads anything any more. It has been 3 for quite a long time and is not a new rule. No one seems to pay attention to that or even read the rules. If they allowed people to just post one review there would be even more owners posting more reviews to their own campgrounds. Maybe this thread should be totally deleted and started over with no mention of the word/number 5 in it and maybe people would finally pay attention.

People also don't seem to appreciate how much time it takes to check out each review before it does get posted. The admins do have a right to a life outside of approving reviews. If they didn't do the wonderful job they do then this site would not be worth looking at. They do their best to keep it accurate and honest.
Texasrvers
QUOTE(dalsgal @ Sep 9 2011, 03:00 PM) *

The admins do have a right to a life outside of approving reviews.

We do???!!!! Aw, man, I didn't know that, and I've had this %&*$# computer chained to my leg all this time. Thanks for letting me know. laugh.gif

Also, thanks (seriously) for the kind words about our efforts. We appreciate them.

Finally, I am pleased to report that several of the admins got together one day recently and worked all of the 500+ reviews in the queue. So at one point for about 10 seconds we were all caught up. So thanks for your patience and support.
John Blue
I would like to add this. On the 500 plus reviews, we spend so much time working the pile down in order to get all reviews on line as fast as possible I had saddle burns for days. Reviews are coming in 200 to 250 a day and everyone ask what happen to my one review.

Now we have the ones that are so poor we cannot read them, ones with new words we have never found anyplace, ones on the wrong park, ones that spell check was never done, and you see this all takes lots of time to correct. Life is not easy working here. If people would check the review and fix all the mistakes before you send them in we could work faster. smile.gif
Bob C
Well, I am so bloody impressed with the attention that the Admins show to this that I have sung praises far and wide including to the great folks on iRV2.

My reviews are posted sometimes withing an hour and I have had some great exchanges with the Admins on the Board.

Unless you have run and maintained a Discussion Board like this, Folks then you have absolutely no idea of the work involved.

Bravo all and thank you!

QUOTE(John Blue @ Sep 9 2011, 09:39 PM) *

I would like to add this. On the 500 plus reviews, we spend so much time working the pile down in order to get all reviews on line as fast as possible I had saddle burns for days. Reviews are coming in 200 to 250 a day and everyone ask what happen to my one review.

Now we have the ones that are so poor we cannot read them, ones with new words we have never found anyplace, ones on the wrong park, ones that spell check was never done, and you see this all takes lots of time to correct. Life is not easy working here. If people would check the review and fix all the mistakes before you send them in we could work faster. smile.gif

abbygolden
Here's a thought - get more Administrators/Mods. When I first started using this forum, the number of reviews was somewhere south of 50,000. It is well more thandouble that now as is the frequency of people wondering where their reviews are. This tells me that IF a primary goal is to remain up to date and near real time, you don't have enough folks doing the job - and I agree that it is a job.

I've always complimented the work done here and have been helped several times by the reviewers with either mistakes I've made or in answering questions from me. I know that during peak times for camping, my reviews may be delayed in print until such time as they reach the top of the queue and it doesn't bother me. I suspect that the majority of the complaints may come from those who are new or relatively new to the forum and they, like me, will quickly learn what it means to be patient.

In the meantime, thanks for doing a good job for all of us. You don't need to be defensive although I suppose even those with thick skin can get a little upset with complaints from those who don't necessarily know better.

If there is a better site one can use for reading reviews, I wish someone would point it out to me.
Kawartha
If you are a seasonal camper, then you certainly would not be in a position to review any but your own campground.
abbygolden
QUOTE(Kawartha @ Oct 5 2011, 10:21 PM) *

If you are a seasonal camper, then you certainly would not be in a position to review any but your own campground.

Huh??? Seasonal or not - and most of us are seasonal - why would we want to review a CG other than one's we've stayed in? I know there are those who have an axe to grind because of a perceived bad review and want to counterbalance it, but those are pretty obvious and any seasoned reader can figure it out pretty quickly.
chowhound
QUOTE(Kawartha @ Oct 5 2011, 10:21 PM) *

What are you trying to say?

It would seem if you stay there you review it. I am not sure how long you stay (seasonal or not) at a CG has much to do with it, other than if you don't like it you tend to cut your stay shorter, and can move to somewhere else.
Fitzjohnfan
QUOTE(Kawartha @ Oct 5 2011, 09:21 PM) *

I think they meant that if you are a seasonal camper, you would only stay at one or two parks for the whole year, and possibly those one or two parks are the only ones they stay at (ever), so they might never get over the 3 park minimum and their reviews would never show up.

Just my interpritation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.