Nearby Clanton, Alabama (Air Miles)
1415 7Th St S
September 2014

yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
September 2014
Easy access, level gravel sites. The bath/laundry/lounge area was first class and very clean. However, the campground was not very foot friendly for dogs on very rough gravel. No grass to walk thru along the sites, and the tiny patch of "grass" at each site was just a few tall unmowed weeds with rough gravel underneath. There was one nicely mowed spot up by the bath/laundry, which was the farthest possible from where I was placed, when I had specifically asked for a site with easy access to grass to walk my dog. My SurgeGuard reported the electric had a bad ground and reverse polarity, but it seemed to work ok. Had there been any staff present, I would have asked to be moved. I left the next morning after 9am, but never saw a single staff or attendant during my entire stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This KOA is great for an overnight stop. However, it is right on the highway so traffic noise is noticeable. This could be a nice campground with some landscaping, etc. The restrooms, showers and laundry are located in a building that is also an RV repair business, but they are very nice. They are extremely clean and modern. The manager was very nice and escorted us to our site. We would recommend it for an overnight stop. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very convenient campground for a stopover. Not really intended to be a long term campground. Right off the freeway, so expect road noise. Managers are super friendly. Bathrooms and laundry are cleanest we've seen in a long time. Lounge area with TV and kitchen facilities. Small dog park and children's playground. Small lake for fishing. Great Wi-Fi. I give it a high rating because it's clean, convenient, and suited our needs. Would definitely stay here again if passing through the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA
October 2012

question  no
question  no
October 2012
Good for overnighting. Shares the property with an RV dealership but they seem to "mesh" OK. All gravel roads and sites but clean and level. Best part was it was easy to get on and off the Interstate enroute to the Florida beaches. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2006
This park is located on Mitchell Lake. We camped here hoping to catch fish. The campground was very noisy. We heard boat traffic all night long both nights we were there. The ranger was very nice and friendly. There were no fire rings, grills or tables at the sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.